Mika@Amsterdam June 2 2009 Gig reports, photos & vids

Queenie

Ok .. we're getting somewhere ..

I've uploaded it on myspace, hope everyone can see it.

Don't mind the quality, I've converted the video so it wouldn't take that much time to upload, but that means the quality REALLY sucks .. I'll upload in good quality tomorrow, but it's just to give you an idea :wink2:

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&VideoID=58385723

Fantastic! Thrilled for Mana! And Melanie could breathe a sigh of relief too...:naughty:

He obviously really appreciated all the hard work, the cover, etc... :biggrin2:

• Replies 787
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow!:shocked:

Are you a professional photographer?

You did a great job with this film:flowers2: one of the best I’ve ever seen!:wub2:

So close, you were able to see all his facial expressions and I can’t believe you even managed to follow him with the camera when he went to the piano, so lovely!:wub2::wub2:

I've just woken up, feeling a bit sick xD My throat's gone all sore from singing aloud. But is was great! I had corner seat 21 on row 1, but I could only see Mika's hair over the piano, so I decided standing during the whole gig. After all my view was excellent, Mika was constantly looking at our side of the hall! Then the songs: Over my shoulder was beautiful :wub2: Such a shame the celesta was broken.. but Toy Boy was really great, as well as all the new and old songs really. The audience was great to, everybody was so excited and causing such a huge amount of decibels, Mika had to come back to do another encore.

I've got Cherisse's autograph and Mika signed my maths exam with "Death to math" :roftl:

And I've also talked to that really nice guy with the camera, I think he's called Andy?

Loved it! So did my son, altough he had a bit of a sleeping-dip around 22.00.... Didn't fall asleep though 'cause het wanted to film al the new Mikasongs with his camera! (he's watching them now on the tv) Next time we'll be there again. What a great showman!

So, almost all my videos are done.

Not all videos are complete :wink2:

John receiving gifts

Big Girl 02-06-09

Grace Kelly 02-06-09

Opening, Lady Jane

Lollipop 02-06-09

Mika Looking at yearbook :wub2:

Toy Boy 02-06-09

Last video My interpretation&Rain is uploading right now!:thumb_yello:

WOW! Such high quality videos!!

I love Toy Boy.

Did he do Good Gone Girl and Blame it on the Girls? Did you get them on video too?

Thanks for sharing:wub2:

CRAPPETYCRAP!

I didn't sign the flag either.:sad:Again.

Same here, after Mika signing our stuff, we really had to go, as we had a 3,5 hour drive back home coming up (usually 2,5)...

As my best friend has kids and I have had 6 amazing days in a row, we were both getting tired.

Too bad:shocked:

Toy Boy 02-06-09

Oooh sooooo amazing!! THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh, and he played My Interpretation??! Yay!

I've got Cherisse's autograph and Mika signed my maths exam with "Death to math" :roftl:

:lmao: you got him to sign your maths exam? I bet that was a first for him - brilliant!! :naughty:

:lmao: you got him to sign your maths exam? I bet that was a first for him - brilliant!! :naughty:

Actually the second, my friend also had her exam signed :naughty: we had our final maths exam yesterday and when we got out of school we went straight to Amsterdam, so it was quite symbolic xD But yeah, I could just see him considering what to write on it xD Cherisse went like: "Did you do this today? Yeaaah, I remember this, radius and everything, really difficult!"

Actually the second, my friend also had her exam signed :naughty: we had our final maths exam yesterday and when we got out of school we went straight to Amsterdam, so it was quite symbolic xD But yeah, I could just see him considering what to write on it xD Cherisse went like: "Did you do this today? Yeaaah, I remember this, radius and everything, really difficult!"

hehe, that's cool!!! He'll remember that :wink2:

That's a great way to celebrate your final exam!!

Why is it that, when you do something with one video and it works perfectly, and then you do the same thing with another one and it just doesn't work? :boxed:

Why can't things just work here! :crybaby:

Wow it took my about an hour to view this all thread reading everyone's amazing reports and seeing excellent videos !I'm so happy and I don't even go to any of his acoustic gigs :biggrin2: I absolutely love the drumming at the beginning of Lollipop and Lady Jane sounds so lovely live :wub2:

And yay for giving him the Yearbook :wink2:

John receiving gifts

Big Girl 02-06-09

Grace Kelly 02-06-09

Opening, Lady Jane

Lollipop 02-06-09

Mika Looking at yearbook :wub2:

Toy Boy 02-06-09

Love Love Love Love Love Love Love Love your videos .... loved the new version of Lollipop with the trashcans at the beginning :wub2:

and as for Toyboy :blush-anim-cl: Some of the best videos I've ever ever seen .... thank you so so so much for sharing them ..... :huglove:

God I cannot wait for Monday now :aah:

Me me me !!! I know Bouli !! I even remember th song (lyrics in french though)

*bursts into song*

Un chapeau gris

Une écharpe rouge

Voilà Bouli avec son p'ti nez rouge

Un chapeau gris

Une écharpe rouge

Bonhomme de neige emporte moi dans tes rêves!

BOULI BOULI !!!!

Yeah!! :biggrin2::biggrin2:

If you think you've seen a good Mika gig, you weren't here. Geezus the man was f**king amazing.

We had good seats, though they put the backgroundsinger in front of us so when he sat we could barely see Mika. But everytime he stood up we had perfect view. At a sudden point everyone just stood up and danced along and he was so close it was unbelievable.

He was shocked when he played the intro of rain and the crowd already started singing When you let it raaain the look on his face was priceless:roftl:

After he went off stage, we kept screaming for more, he did an encore and went off stage and then we screamed again and he came back and just shook his head:biggrin2:

So, meeting, after the gig, me and Mana and some others just rushed to the artist entrance. There were lots of people there. Was a bit confusing with lining up but in the end we managed. Well, got Cherisse and Martin to sing my setlist and took a pic with Cherisse. Both were absolutely adorable as usual. After a while Mika came our way, then he stood in front of me, signed my setlist and said hi, so I gave him the toydog I got him and said something like: Well you wanted a dog, here it is! And he did the laugh:wub2:

Well the thing was just barking so I said: Well you can turn it off. and he said: Really? How? And Mika, John and the security guy just looked at it, but then Mika found the way to do it:roftl:

He absolutely adored the yearbook. He was stunned and amazed and promised to read all of it. He loved the artwork, especially the cover, he asked who made it etc. Mana said that she's gonna quiz him about it in Brussels tomorrow, he said he was up to the challenge as long as she didn't ask hard questions:roftl:

So then we were just hanging around and Mana talked to John who advised us to stand a bit further with the flag. So, after calling all MFCers, we ran with the flag to a quiet spot, held it up and Mika approached us and said: Oh I need to write something on it! So he started writing Amsterdam which was clearly difficult for him and then Mika was here. Then he just turned around and said: Alright we can do this group-picture. So he turned around and literally leaned into me, my face was right next to his! Oh and I now know how Mika and Britney and all other celebs must feel. There were a lot of people taking pictures, flashes everywhere, I almost felt like a celebrity.:naughty:

And then...it was over. He jumped into the car and they drove off. So he left us there, breathless but satisfied.

It was great meeting all the MFCers (again)! It was even funnier when I saw a girl from my elementary school who dined at the same restaurant. But she was going to see Gavin Degraw. Though it was a coincidence: roftl:

Oh and if you're looking for me, I'll be in Canada. Mana officially adopted me so I'll be there if you need me!

Argh, I really considered going to Brussels for a sec. But it's impossible. So I don't know when I'll be seeing him again. But this was the best.f*cking.night.of.my.life

Great review! And I completely agree with the first and the last sentence!! :biggrin2:

Yesterday was epic! :wub2:

I Loved:

- Meeting so many MFCers

- Mika wiggeling his butt on Big Girls right in front of me [aka great seats]

- Andy taking pictures of my boobies [yes, awkward, but true]

- Mika wobbeling his hair in my [and some others'] face, before the curious group picture was taken.

And of course I loved the whole show! It was awesome!

I have some video's, but there kinda the same as Linde's, I will upload them, but there's nothing new, and I will make a little vlog later...

[non-Mika] group pic with MFCers @ Museumplein

P1010434.jpg

And some other piccies:

P1010441.jpg

MFCers waiting for the show

P1010451.jpg

Shady and Monie waiting for Mika! =)

P1010460.jpg

Linde's custommade shoes

P1010458.jpg

The shoes - yes, so close to the stage - Andy is there too =]

I DID make pictures of Mika too, they're uploading at this moment, but I thought you would be more interested in pics of MFCers! :teehee:

i am!

really joseole, i'm more interested in seeing you!

i've seen mika's face so many times, but i miss lots of you!

:teehee:

yeah well, if the Mika group pic shows up you will see my f*ckedup face because I was shocked by the fact that Mika was suddenly leaning on me! :teehee:

WOW! Such high quality videos!!

I love Toy Boy.

Did he do Good Gone Girl and Blame it on the Girls? Did you get them on video too?

Thanks for sharing:wub2:

Yesterday was epic! :wub2:

I Loved:

- Meeting so many MFCers

- Mika wiggeling his butt on Big Girls right in front of me [aka great seats]

- Andy taking pictures of my boobies [yes, awkward, but true]

- Mika wobbeling his hair in my [and some others'] face, before the curious group picture was taken.

And of course I loved the whole show! It was awesome!

I have some video's, but there kinda the same as Linde's, I will upload them, but there's nothing new, and I will make a little vlog later...

And some other piccies:

P1010441.jpg

MFCers waiting for the show

Hee, my husband is on the pic completely, from me you can only see my legs and shoes!