MIKA @ Le Poisson Rouge, NY - June 23 2009 - reports, photos and videos

guylainem123

Unfortunately, I didn't read everything... Not that I don't want it, but it will take time... So, I really want to say thank you to everybody that did the reports here. You guys have the talent of made us, the ones that didn't go to the show, be there for a few moments :bow:.

Really, thank you:wub2:

Patti.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Unfortunately, I didn't read everything... Not that I don't want it, but it will take time... So, I really want to say thank you to everybody that did the reports here. You guys have the talent of made us, the ones that didn't go to the show, be there for a few moments :bow:.

Patti.

Perfectly said. Here, here! :trumpet:

Patti.

you're right Patti, thank you girls :wub2: and extra thanks to Mana for

update the first post :clap:

Perfectly said. Here, here! :trumpet:

Thank You :wub2: !

I just want to say one more thing: I only felt this way before with Pearl Jam (Eddie Vedder) and Rufus Wainwright. I really love Mika, only as musician. And I feel that it will last forever :wub2:. I'm glad that I am not alone on this :biggrin2:.

Thanks girls for photos and videos! I am pleased, recollecting Mika's words which I read once for a long time . I do not remember literally. Мика spoke He never will cease to act in small clubs.He is true to the given promise), lovely man:wub2:

Just got back from flight! I don't even know where to start.....Just to mention this was my first gig and first concert...so it was altogether an insane expericence! I think the best part of the entire concert was the stage invasion. I have a minute and a half video of me jumping next to mika. I'll try to upload it ASAP...i just need to get settled in first:naughty: I have some pics as well, but i'm sure there are loads of good ones already. At the M&G Foalbaby and I gave Mika the jacket we made him and we have a vid of that as well....He absolutely loved it and he was very kind and looked right into everyone's eyes and really appreciated everyone. Well...i'll try to upload later:thumb_yello:

Cheeseygoodness and me are sitting in my bed uploading the M&G video, its taking forever!

We are also reviewing pictures.

MY REPORT:

What can I say it was an experience that I will never forget. All the MFCers were so kind and they were all excited for musicfreak and me since it was are first gig.

The concert was everything I expected and more. My favorite song he did was Big Girl, that was insane:shocked: and of course the stage invasion where I got pushed under his piano because people were pushing so hard, but I fought to stand up:naughty: I was inches from Mika. I touched his arm, so sweaty:naughty:. I got pounds of the confetti and a broken balloon from Lollipop:teehee:

I was so nervous/unsure of how friendly Mika would be in the meet and greet (or more like how friendly the guards were gonna be) that I wish I had gone for it and hugged him.

Best thing to do is ask, I think it's more polite than just diving on him.

Very nice photos, Jack! The first one is especially lovely...

I didn't realize how talkative I am:roftl:

I can't wait to see him wear it during a gig, hopefully it will survive:naughty:

Mika makes people feel comfortable :bleh:

Same here. It'll look good on him :das:

So I decided to join this page because last night's concert was AMAZING. And the MFC is awesome. I truly appreciated the number system!

I didn't realize there was going to be a line, but once I saw Mika tweeting about it during the day, I knew I had to go directly there after work. Picked up some takeout food in the area, and got in line (numero 72! still inked on my hand!).

Got some YUMMY ice cream, and met some cool people while in line. Mika has some kickass fellow fans. :)

The show? Incredible. All I could ever ask from Mika, and more. The energy, OMG. I wish I could have gotten closer - I was about 5 people back from Mika - SO CLOSE to being able to reach him when he was reaching over the crowd during the songs, but not quite. I'm also a shorty, so it was hard to see at times.

I really can't put into words how amazing it all was. And how EXCITED I am for his new CD! For the last song, I missed out dancing, but I got right up to the stage. Touched his hips! (Haha)

I had heard word of the meet and greet post-concert, so I definitely waited around for it (even though I had 6:30am wake up call today!). I unfortunately didn't really get a picture "with him" but I got a picture, and his signature on my ticket. I told him it was the best concert I had ever been to, and that got an earnest smile out of him, which made me haaaappy! It really was the best live music experience I've had to date. I feel blessed to live in NYC finally!

Mika is so damn deliciously cute. As if that's not an obvious sentiment.

I have pictures and (probably very crappy) cell phone videos. When I get them posted, I'll share the link for fellow fans. :thumb_yello:

welcome to mfc! we are a special bunch... aren't we? :naughty:

I did. That's why I posted it. :naughty:

I wasn't kidding about practically being in his lap. :teehee:

from the looks of your pictures, i think you were sitting on his lap :biggrin2:

I was so nervous/unsure of how friendly Mika would be in the meet and greet (or more like how friendly the guards were gonna be) that I wish I had gone for it and hugged him.

like rose said, it is better to ask first and not just go for it. the pics of fans hugging mika are often fans that he has known for a long time. the kid has great memory :naughty: