REPORTS/PICS/VIDS - Mika at Riviera Theater, Chicago, 2009-OCT-20

lollipop_monkey

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

They said that MFCers think that we're better than other Mika fans,that we always want to know his personal business, and that we think we deserve special privileges. :sneaky2:

If they feel they are being left out, why don't they join? I don't understand, most fanclubs get things like presale tickets and M&Gs, why do they think we're getting things others don't?

I don't think anyone here thinks they're better than any other fan do they? And we are the last ones who want to know his personal business (if anything he knows more about my personal life, than I do his!), if they bothered reading our FAQs they would know that.

Crazy!!!

If they feel they are being left out, why don't they join? I don't understand, most fanclubs get things like presale tickets and M&Gs, why do they think we're getting things others don't?

I don't think anyone here thinks they're better than any other fan do they? And we are the last ones who want to know his personal business (if anything he knows more about my personal life, than I do his!), if they bothered reading our FAQs they would know that.

Crazy!!!

:dunno: I don't understand either. One girl said that she used to be a member, but no one accepted her or something. I don't know; I was trying to drown her out, but she was right behind me yelling.

:dunno: I don't understand either. One girl said that she used to be a member, but no one accepted her or something. I don't know; I was trying to drown her out, but she was right behind me yelling.

It's probably due to maybe her posting in a busy thread and posts getting lost, she possibly thought she was being ignored. It's common.

Shame.

Just got back home from my 7 hour drive - which was well worth it! Last night was amazing....so glad I was able to go!

Report and pics to come!

Can't wait

They said that MFCers think that we're better than other Mika fans,that we always want to know his personal business, and that we think we deserve special privileges. :sneaky2:

We have been with MIKA since the beginning

when it comes to personal life.....I try my best to to nose it around .

Aww, great reports/pics everyone. Welcome to all the post-gig newbies! :punk:

Melanie - Sounds like you had such a great night! And, sweet of your sister to mention the yearbook. You deserve your moment of glory, organizing that beast is crazy-making! :aah: Do you remember if he said anything when you said you were working on the 2009 version?

And I'm glad you loved the show. He really has outdone himself in the "show" aspect. Fantastic that you got to see that. :wub2:

Aww, great reports/pics everyone. Welcome to all the post-gig newbies! :punk:

Melanie - Sounds like you had such a great night! And, sweet of your sister to mention the yearbook. You deserve your moment of glory, organizing that beast is crazy-making! :aah: Do you remember if he said anything when you said you were working on the 2009 version?

And I'm glad you loved the show. He really has outdone himself in the "show" aspect. Fantastic that you got to see that. :wub2:

haha, I know he smiled when I said that, and said something back...but I was having a moment :wub2: You'll get more chances to ask if he read it right? You're not done yet??? :mf_lustslow:

HIIIIII! I just got home and I'm already in bed, and I can't type as fast on my laptop as my desktop. I started a report at the airport but this will be a brief overview!

First, it was SO fun to met all the other MFC'ers and go crazy! I think I have bruises on my arms from getting squished over the whatever you call it before the stage/barrier?

Front row center. Perfect. 90% I'm guessing were MFC'ers.

Our editor is extremely pretty so I'm not at all surprised she got lots of eye contact. I said, he HAS to meet you, you are the editor!

I took pictures but I need to find my cord to upload them or put my printer together so I can just get them in that way.

He got the cupcakes I ordered for him, I have a picture of them, he got the cupcakes from the girl in the line after the show as well.

I had three cans of silly string and gave two to one guy (why oh why did I do that??) and our initial plan had been to silly string when he played Rain, but I was the only one with any so I did and then Mika took it from me. Next time I'm planning that better.

His little tea pot is broken (the leg is messed up). His zipper did come down but no ripped pants! He made his comment about selling out larger venues even though his record company didn't think he could. I have to pause now, I'm beat. I may pop over to the Oldings but I'm very glad I went to the show. I'm very glad that the MFC'ers and real Mika fans gave him a ton of support.

It seems to me that this tour has been so rushed and filled with activity. Poor Mika has been doing something everyday. I hope he gets to chill with Ella and be a kid for a few hours. I understand it - the publicity machine is working full out and he does have to promote his music.

I assisted with the picking out of the big girls after I got turned down to be one. The one that posted the pics, I did not pick out.

I can't wait for Saturday in Oakland.

Silly string and earplugs which I forgot.

Oh, the Meyers have video and all sorts of stuff but they said it was going to take them awhile to get it all together.

HIIIIII! I just got home and I'm already in bed, and I can't type as fast on my laptop as my desktop. I started a report at the airport but this will be a brief overview!

First, it was SO fun to met all the other MFC'ers and go crazy! I think I have bruises on my arms from getting squished over the whatever you call it before the stage/barrier?

Front row center. Perfect. 90% I'm guessing were MFC'ers.

Our editor is extremely pretty so I'm not at all surprised she got lots of eye contact. I said, he HAS to meet you, you are the editor!

I took pictures but I need to find my cord to upload them or put my printer together so I can just get them in that way.

He got the cupcakes I ordered for him, I have a picture of them, he got the cupcakes from the girl in the line after the show as well.

I had three cans of silly string and gave two to one guy (why oh why did I do that??) and our initial plan had been to silly string when he played Rain, but I was the only one with any so I did and then Mika took it from me. Next time I'm planning that better.

His little tea pot is broken (the leg is messed up). His zipper did come down but no ripped pants! He made his comment about selling out larger venues even though his record company didn't think he could. I have to pause now, I'm beat. I may pop over to the Oldings but I'm very glad I went to the show. I'm very glad that the MFC'ers and real Mika fans gave him a ton of support.

It seems to me that this tour has been so rushed and filled with activity. Poor Mika has been doing something everyday. I hope he gets to chill with Ella and be a kid for a few hours. I understand it - the publicity machine is working full out and he does have to promote his music.

I assisted with the picking out of the big girls after I got turned down to be one. The one that posted the pics, I did not pick out.

I can't wait for Saturday in Oakland.

Silly string and earplugs which I forgot.

Oh, the Meyers have video and all sorts of stuff but they said it was going to take them awhile to get it all together.

Aw you're so sweet! It was so nice meeting you and you were so much fun! (all of you for that matter)

I was second row:sneaky2: That was a rough entrance.

I have only been home for about an hour, so my thoughts are a little scattered right now, but I do want to say that last night was absolutely phenominal. I can't express enough how much I enjoyed seeing Mika once again. As I was watching the show I almost felt blessed to have the opportunity to see him and how going for so long without seeing him almost made the experience all the sweeter.

It was great getting to hang out with so many MFCers. Leona did such a great job with the flag and I am glad that all of us were able to come together and do something that we love.

I loved the intro to the whole show. The whole 50's vibe was ingenious and I loved it most because the 50's is one of my favorite time periods, especially the clothing! The costumes from this tour were gorgeous...everything in the encore was simply stunning.

A few days before the show I decided to replicate Mika's top hat during Dr. John. I ended up finding the same colors of the feathers and it actually looked very similar! I decided not to wear the hat until he put his on during Dr. John. As soon as he walked to my side, he stopped and stared at me and then got a grin on his face. I pointed to him as if to say "I know what you're thinking!" and it was such a funny moment! I had thought earlier that I may have wasted money on something that may not get recognized or may not ever be used again, but after getting that moment I was glad I had gone ahead with it. :)

I went absolutely bonkers during BIOTG and Rain. Those two songs are rock solid live and they were a big highlight for me.

During Love Today Mika decided to do something different (no idea if he has done this before). He told all of us to close our eyes and to bend down low. He said that when he counted to three, he wanted all of us to jump at the same time. Of course, we did as commanded, even though HE wasn't even sure if it was going to turn out well or not. LOL It was fun and impromptu.

Good Lord, the performance of WAG was complete bliss! I think we actually shocked him during WAG. At one moment (I think during the first chorus), he was on his knees and looked as if he was blown away with how much enthusiasm we had and how much we were singing back to him. It was priceless.

Everyone was in the palm of his hand and how happy we all were to be there!

He commented on the fact that he had been to Chicago three times now and my heart was really warmed by that. I felt so happy to be one of the people that been following him since his first visit and it was great to know how much he appreciated the continual warm welcomes. It certainly has made those 7 hour drives worth it.

We all waited outside for him to come out, as you all know. It was entirely generous of him to come out, considering it was pouring rain a few moments before he came out. Sometimes his graciousness with his fans blowns my mind!

The rain was certainly a damper on things, but I was determined to stay and to give him the cross stitch I had worked on all day! Once he came out, the crowd became increasingly excited.

Once he came to me, I handed him my cross stitch and said that we had met before but that I didn't know if he remembered me. He looked at the cross stitch and then back at me and said "Yes, I do remember you! I still have the last one you made for me. I framed it." My heart soared when he said that! To imagine that something I have made has been framed by him...well, that's a little difficult to believe. But also certainly rewarding in a way that I wasn't prepared for.

He also told me he liked my hat...I said thank you or something along those lines. I handed him a picture of us that we took that last time we met and then he said "Oh, I look so much better now! I was completely knackered when that photo was taken." I said "Well, you were amazing tonight, so...thank you so much for coming back to play for us." Then I moved so he could get to the people behind me.

So...all in all a wonderful night. Spectacular performance, getting to meet the Big M himself, and also being able to be around MFCers was great fun. Mika shows truly are unlike any other!

Aw you're so sweet! It was so nice meeting you and you were so much fun! (all of you for that matter)

I was second row:sneaky2: That was a rough entrance.

That entrance was the worst entrance into a venue I have ever experienced. Talk about a flawed way of thinking. Why did they take the TIME to create all that congestion??? Ugh.

The smell of a moshpit is always an interesting one. Honestly, I’m used to smelling pot smoke at the concerts I go to. I didn’t smell THAT, but I smelled something.

Funny you show mention that. We all thought we smelled pot, to be honest. I wanna know what type of smoke was coming out of those smoke machines.

Anyway, obviously I went. I actually wasn't going to go, but I decided since I'm on fall break all week and I knew some people that were going, I thought, "what the hell?" and bought the ticket Monday night.

We left fairly early and got into Chicago around 1ish, but we got bad directions and the wrong address so we sort of walk aimlessly around Chicago for about two hours, but we found it so it's all good. People (at least the ones that we talked to) in Chicago seriously underestimate how far a person can walk.

It didn't seem too long standing in line. So we get in there and wait, blah, blah, blah. We made friends with the two guys behind us, they were hilarious. Gary Go came on and I must say, I definitely appreciated the quick set. I didn't go to the House of Blues show but I heard the Midway State took forever. The best thing an opening act can do is be brief.

Once the show started, everything went by really fast, you know the drill. This time, though, Mika must have heard my gripes from two years ago that he completely ignored the left side of the stage (I like the left side so I can stare at Martin) because he came over a lot this time. I believe we even made eye contact once, though, I tend to get annoyed when people talk about this. The only reason I bring this up was that there was a bit of an awkward moment that I could very well have completely made up in my head. It seemed that Mika was looking right at me so what do I do? I whip out my camera, haha, and as soon as I go to take the picture, it's like he looked at me and walked away on purpose right when I was taking the picture. Probably never happened, though.

I haven't been a very diligent Mika fan lately, because I bought his new album Monday and hadn't even listened to all of the songs until the car ride there so obviously I didn't know the words. I had even forgotten words to the older songs, yikes.

Completely loved the glow-in-dark thing. I'm 19-years-old, and I still have glow in the dark stars all over my room. Also, loved the black and white at the beginning and then the neon colors at the end. I own a dress very similar to the black and white one that the backup singer was wearing. By the way, I LOVED her. I caught myself watching her more than Mika. The fingernail polish was great. And then her dress at the end was awesome. When I showed my mom the pictures I took, she goes, "That is so you." I didn't get the skeleton and the other stuff from the last set of concerts, but man, it was almost like Mika tapped into my brain on this one, haha. There wasn't really anything I didn't like about this one.

We didn't stay after. Actually, we sort of did. In our group of four, two wanted to stay, and two didn't, which included me. The other girl had a curfew of 1 (which we completely blew, she got back at 3:30.) and I really didn't care to stay, it wasn't a priority of mine to meet him again. So we waited outside for a while. Then it started to rain, and this girl really needed to get back home so we got a cab and as soon as the cab was pulling away, Mika came out, haha, lovely timing. Oh well.

Anyway, there's my unnecessarily long rambling about the concert.

That was so rough and stupid :blink: And then they expected us NOT to run toward the stage?

Wow.

Mika framed your work!!! That's crazy amazing because those take time and he must have really appreciated it:wub2:

I know what you meant about WAG, he was so giggly and in love with the crowd when we were singing the song for him :roftl:

That was so rough and stupid :blink: And then they expected us NOT to run toward the stage?

Wow.

Mika framed your work!!! That's crazy amazing because those take time and he must have really appreciated it:wub2:

I know what you meant about WAG, he was so giggly and in love with the crowd when we were singing the song for him :roftl:

Mel, I still can't believe it! The mere fact that he even remembers us is mind blowing! I am glad you got to have a nice moment with him. :)

I believe we even made eye contact once, though, I tend to get annoyed when people talk about this. The only reason I bring this up was that there was a bit of an awkward moment that I could very well have completely made up in my head. It seemed that Mika was looking right at me so what do I do? I whip out my camera, haha, and as soon as I go to take the picture, it's like he looked at me and walked away on purpose right when I was taking the picture. Probably never happened, though.

I couldn't look back at him the first time I met him. Like I was looking above his head to get through it... I was such a little girl. So if eye contact is what I get, I'm bound to talk about it :teehee: *It's true Caz, you really do just stand there and stare* :aah:

Yeah, when it started raining people seemed to split. Thank God I had a hat on :blink: