REPORTS/PICTURES/VIDEOS: Mika @ Sziget Festival, Hungary - August 13 2010

Droopsy

http://www.aktuality.sk/clanok/170466/sziget-2010-treti-den-v-slnecniciach-aj-na-marse/

On Slovakia web site was a small article about Sziget and they wrote also some words about Mika s show.

They said: (sorry for mistakes, this is my translation :blink: )

English singer Mika started his show with his first big hit Relax, Take It Easy. The stage was full of sunflowers. And exactly this was hilarious on his concert. During the show he had great help from his amazing vocalist. Interesting costumes of Mika and his band seem to have been from some fairy tale. Mika created a fairy-tale atmosphere in front of main podium in Sziget too. Crowd was moving to the rhythm of his songs and sang. Song Happy Ending was perfect ending of this beautiful more than hour long show.

Thank you for letting us know, Shirl. Finally a post with postitive attitude (:cool: ) and also, nice to hear about this great review published in Slovakia.

For first time Mika concert goers it was the most amazing gig ever. We have a new fan on the Hungarian thread who actually went to see 30Secs to Mars and to her surprise, supporting act Mika "washed them off stage" so she decided to join our forum. :thumb_yello: I will ask her if she wants to post her experience.

The reviewer on our biggest national newsportal (a liberal one) was also positive and acknowledged all Mika's strengths - the guy just had to emphasize that you fall for him even if you are a straight guy (i.e. a stupid excuse that he liked him:roftl:). Otherwise, that one is a fantastic review as well and he also pointed out that the headlining act was boring at the beginning :naughty:

I will post a translation on it later this week - I only have limited access to computers and the net now:wink2:

I agree on the festival thing.. it really can get dangerous sometimes.

I know exactly what you mean, dear... :huglove: I'm really very sorry it didn't fulfill your expectations.. but there will be other times, other gigs, when I'm sure you'll have a TRULY wonderful time crowd wise and be a Lollipop girl too :biggrin2:

I know,honey.:wub2:

I have to say sorry.:thumb_yello:

Hopefully next time he'll have an own gig and with a fantastic audience.

He deserves it.:wink2:

Hi guys! )

I feel like I should write something here.

I spent the whole week at Sziget (and I still feel a bit wasted, lol) and my most desired concert of the festival was Iron Maiden. But after all I have to admit that Mika's show was the best.

Can you believe that? I came for IRON MAIDEN and loved MIKA, God, that's sooo weird :roftl:

Well, actually I'm not that kind of person who is into one music style and rejects other, no. I love any music which is good. I've admired Mika since Life in Cartoon Motion, listening to his songs has always been a pleasure, and I even wrote an article about him back in 2007 (I used to work as a music observer for a local magazine - oh, I'm from Belarus, forgot to say). And my mum is a huge Mika fan, she has put his picture on our fridge long ago... :roftl: I think I need to tell her about this place :wink2:

So, I was willing to see him live, but as I'm not a fan (was not a fan?..) that was not my first choice concert at Sziget.

But...

But... :blush-anim-cl:

Me and a friend of mine were not so close to the stage and we jumped and screamed and waved hands so hard that at some moment we found out everyone had stepped back a bit, so we had an empty space behind us :roftl: My friend still feels a bit ashamed of that. We were "the bad crowd" for them, definitely. Sorry, guys )

Unfortunately, we didn't know much lyrics so we were just squealing as if we came to The Beatles concert. I even cried a bit (I easily burst into tears when I'm high on emotions - but usually when nobody sees!) because it was pure joy, pure light, pure happinness... OMG *cries again* :wub2:

Okay, what else can I say. I had no idea what his usual show looks like, so for me it all was just perfect (that's the advantage of not being able to compare). I loved the stage (aw, sunflowers!), his musicians and how they interacted with each other, and Mika, of course! And how he changed his shirt on stage :biggrin2: Oh yes, and his performance of Sweet Dreams was so lovely.

Well, I'm in love with him now too :blush-anim-cl:

I can't say anything about the crowd (as you remember, we just scared everyone away :roftl:), but I actually understand those 30STM fans in the first row... My firend is a huge Muse fan, and she woke up at 6 AM (the concert began at 9-30 PM) to stand in the first row. But not clapping and showing appreciation for other artists is definitely rude. I have some 30STM fans around and they are really strange. They have way too strict structure of their fanclub, I think.

Now I'd like to visit Mika's solo show. He'll never come to Belarus (no one does) so the closest point is Moscow... I was SO disappointed when I knew he performed there in July, before my Sziget experience. Now I need a time machine :roftl: Hope I'll get another chance.

I'm finishing this because it seems I have written a novel. Sorry :wink2: But it was amazing. Really amazing. Oh God, just brilliant. Really.

P.S. Iron Maiden were cool too :roftl:

Edited by A.R.

Hi guys! )

I spent the whole week at Sziget (and I still feel a bit wasted, lol) and my most desired concert of the festival was Iron Maiden. But after all I have to admit that Mika's show was the best.

Can you believe that? I came for IRON MAIDEN and loved MIKA, God, that's sooo weird

Well, actually I'm not that kind of person who is into one music style and rejects other, no. I love any music which is good. I've admired Mika since Life in Cartoon Motion, listening to his songs has always been a pleasure, and I even wrote an article about him back in 2007 (I used to work as a music observer for a local magazine - oh, I'm from Belarus, forgot to say). And my mum is a huge Mika fan, she has put his picture on our fridge long ago... I think I need to tell her about this place :wink2:

So, I was willing to see him live, but as I'm not a fan (was not a fan?..) that was not my first choice concert at Sziget.

But...

Me and a friend of mine were not so close to the stage and we jumped and screamed and waved hands so hard that at some moment we found out everyone had stepped back a bit, so we had an empty space behind us :roftl: My friend still feels a bit ashamed of that. We were "the bad crowd" for them, definitely. Sorry, guys )

Unfortunately, we didn't know much lyrics so we were just squealing as if we came to The Beatles concert. I even cried a bit (I easily burst into tears when I'm high on emotions - but usually when nobody sees!) because it was pure joy, pure light, pure happinness... OMG *cries again* :wub2:

Okay, what else can I say. I had no idea what his usual show looks like, so for me it all was just perfect (that's the advantage of not being able to compare). I loved the stage (aw, sunflowers!), his musicians and how they interacted with each other, and Mika, of course! And how he changed his shirt on stage :biggrin2: Oh yes, and his performance of Sweet Dreams was so lovely.

I can't say anything about the crowd (as you remember, we just scared everyone away :roftl:), but I actually understand those 30STM fans in the first row... My firend is a huge Muse fan, and she woke up at 6 AM (the concert began at 9-30 PM) to stand in the first row. But not clapping and showing appreciation for other artists is definitely rude. I have some 30STM fans around and they are really strange. They have way too strict structure of their fanclub, I think.

Now I'd like to visit Mika's solo show. He'll never come to Belarus (no one does) so the closest point is Moscow... I was SO disappointed when I knew he performed there in July, before my Sziget experience. Now I need a time machine :roftl: Hope I'll get another chance.

I'm finishing this because it seems I have written a novel. Sorry :wink2: But it was amazing. Really amazing. Oh God, just brilliant. Really.

P.S. Iron Maiden were cool too :roftl:

Well I can say that is almost the rule. People who are not so into Mika music become his devoted fans when they see him live. So I'm really happy for your

"sudden love" for him. And wellcome here.:thumb_yello:

Hey everyone! I thought I'd share some of my photos & opinion of the gig!

I thought it was bloody brilliant, this was my second gig experience, the first was in Vienna a few months ago. No doubt it was completely different.

I will not complain much about the audience! I mean, I thought it would be worse, honestly! Everyone was singing and those who weren't obviously were there because they wanted to see another band!

If they didn't take part (and those were only a few!), and they couldn't enjoy a concert like this, it's their problem, not ours.

I think Mika wasn't dissapointed either....the crowd was not like in Vienna, where everyone went to see HIM, obviously that was easier for him.

I'm happy that I was there, I'm happy becasue I enjoyed myself, even though yeah, the first rows weren't the best, but man! The crowd from second row to the very back ruled, everyone was jumping and stuff!

I saw the 30STM gig too, from far, and honestly...it was crap. Mika and Gentleman were the best acts for me. :teehee:

No need to say "he deserved a better audience" ... it's a festival. Everyone deserves a better audience than what they get at a festival! :wink2:

So the photos: (I took them by putting my arm on a dumb 30stm fan girl's shoulder who wasn't taking part in the jumping...but she was useful, after all! :lmao: )

sziget238.jpg

sziget241.jpg

sziget258.jpg

sziget336.jpg

sziget339.jpg

sziget360.jpg

sziget391.jpg

We have a new fan on the Hungarian thread who actually went to see 30Secs to Mars and to her surprise, supporting act Mika "washed them off stage" so she decided to join our forum. :thumb_yello: I will ask her if she wants to post her experience.

Yes, so here I am.:biggrin2:

Hello-Hello!

Just like A.R., I was at the Sziget Festival on Friday too, and I was not a Mika fan before. I just knew his songs Grace Kelly, Big Girl and Relax…

And yes, I was because of 30 seconds to mars there. I have to say that I’m not a big fan of 30 seconds to mars. I love their music, I was curious about them, I wanted to see Jared Leto and his band live.

I saw Papa Roach -they have a pretty good performance, and Gentleman and the Revolution – OMG, they were absolutely fantastic too!!! I stand in the 2 row, not in the middle, but it was perfect for me, because there was no so hard pushing and the audience was around me sympatic too. Of course there were mostly 30 seconds to mars fans but they were „clapping fans”, they enjoyed the other bands.

After Gentleman came Mika… like an energy drink or bomb or something. He was dancing so much, he has an amazing voice and his band is really nice: the vocalist girl Imma, the drummer Cherisse, and the other guys (sorry, I don’t know his names). They did there best! Everybody in the audience were dancing and clapping around me. Party, party, party! Some girls was blowing bubbles, and at „Rain” some guys were pouring some water on us. It was soooo good, because in the crowd was really really hot.

Mika is such a good entertainer, a showman!!! I think, he enjoyed the show. It was absolutely clear to him in my opinion, that it’s a festival crowd. A festival crowd is totally different like the crowd of his own shows. As he spoke hungarian everybody was screaming and smiling! It was nice from him. (On Friday fast nobody spoke hungarian, except Gentleman, I think, he said, „köszönöm” (thank you) to us.)

But Mika… he said complete sentences in hungarian. I was confused – in a positive way. He made contact with the crowd and at the end of the show the atmosphere was high! :thumb_yello:

I liked the little „theater” part in the show. (I’m working for theaters…)

Then after Mika performed 30 seconds to mars as headliner and the crowd began to behave horrible: pushing, jumping… I’m very skinny so I was a little bit scared from the hard pushing but nothing happened. Expect for that the show of the 30 seconds to mars was lame and boring. I was dissappointed. (So the press – Mika has positive reviews and the 30STM almost just negative.) EVERYBODY on the main stage was better than 30STM. Especially Mika. He’s such a sweetheart. He smiled a lot – I smiled a lot. And I got positive energy from him and his band.

I will never forget!

I think, the show was a really good promotion for him. He has nice reviews. (I've heard his Sziget performance got positive reviews from Dutch press too!)

OK, I don’t say it because of I’m a hungarian. I don’t like Sziget Festival so much, Donauinselfest is much more better.

But I was there, I saw the crowd and the show, and honestly I can say: it was an amazing show with a good crowd. Like a celebration.

(and sorry for my bad english…)

So he has a new fan – because I can’t stop listening his songs… :wub2:

I thought it was bloody brilliant, this was my second gig experience, the first was in Vienna a few months ago. No doubt it was completely different.

I will not complain much about the audience! I mean, I thought it would be worse, honestly! Everyone was singing and those who weren't obviously were there because they wanted to see another band!

If they didn't take part (and those were only a few!), and they couldn't enjoy a concert like this, it's their problem, not ours.

I think Mika wasn't dissapointed either....the crowd was not like in Vienna, where everyone went to see HIM, obviously that was easier for him.

I'm happy that I was there, I'm happy becasue I enjoyed myself, even though yeah, the first rows weren't the best, but man! The crowd from second row to the very back ruled, everyone was jumping and stuff!

I saw the 30STM gig too, from far, and honestly...it was crap. Mika and Gentleman were the best acts for me. :teehee:

No need to say "he deserved a better audience" ... it's a festival. Everyone deserves a better audience than what they get at a festival! :wink2:

So the photos: (I took them by putting my arm on a dumb 30stm fan girl's shoulder who wasn't taking part in the jumping...but she was useful, after all! :lmao: )

sziget238.jpg

sziget241.jpg

sziget258.jpg

sziget336.jpg

sziget339.jpg

sziget360.jpg

sziget391.jpg

WOOW! Zsina, thank you for this wonderful pics!!!! :mf_lustslow::mf_lustslow:

sziget238.jpg

sziget241.jpg

sziget258.jpg

sziget336.jpg

sziget339.jpg

sziget360.jpg

sziget391.jpg

very nice pics, Zsina!!:thumb_yello: I have one that looks totally like your 3rd pic!

so you stayed for 30 seconds to mars, so that is why I did not meet you. actually I was standing on the other side of the stage...I figured when I saw the golden ballons :) I also did not like the crowd that much but obviously the night was not just about MIKA (at least for others haha) hope we'll meet next time at another gig!

Hi guys! )

Can you believe that? I came for IRON MAIDEN and loved MIKA, God, that's sooo weird :roftl:

Well, actually I'm not that kind of person who is into one music style and rejects other, no. I love any music which is good. I've admired Mika since Life in Cartoon Motion, listening to his songs has always been a pleasure, and I even wrote an article about him back in 2007 (I used to work as a music observer for a local magazine - oh, I'm from Belarus, forgot to say). And my mum is a huge Mika fan, she has put his picture on our fridge long ago... I think I need to tell her about this place :wink2:

But...

Now I'd like to visit Mika's solo show. He'll never come to Belarus (no one does) so the closest point is Moscow... I was SO disappointed when I knew he performed there in July, before my Sziget experience. Now I need a time machine. Hope I'll get another chance.

P.S. Iron Maiden were cool too

Hi!

:welcomeani: to the club.

There were lots of people from Belarus there - around me as well. Actually, you might have been standing near me, 2nd row. You must have all come to see your local band that day - they were cool. Statue_of_Liberty and me were trying to figure out what he was saying in between songs but it was fun and we could even join parts of the chorus of certain songs . :punk:

I am not sure if we already have Belorussian members but you and your friend are most welcome to join us and you can even start your own Belorussian thread...:roftl:

Edited by suzie

@Zsina great photos, especially considering that you were standing in 3rd or 4th row... Thanks for posting them:thumb_yello:

We were doing the rain hand movements right next to their heads and they did not even look. :naughty:: Had it been colder, I would have thought they were frozen...:roftl

@Zsina great photos, especially considering that you were standing in 3rd or 4th row... Thanks for posting them:thumb_yello:

We were doing the rain hand movements right next to their heads and they did not even look. :naughty:: Had it been colder, I would have thought they were frozen...:roftl

they were shocked by Mika :roftl:

Thank you for letting us know, Shirl. Finally a post with postitive attitude (:cool: ) and also, nice to hear about this great review published in Slovakia.

For first time Mika concert goers it was the most amazing gig ever. We have a new fan on the Hungarian thread who actually went to see 30Secs to Mars and to her surprise, supporting act Mika "washed them off stage" so she decided to join our forum. :thumb_yello: I will ask her if she wants to post her experience.

The reviewer on our biggest national newsportal (a liberal one) was also positive and acknowledged all Mika's strengths - the guy just had to emphasize that you fall for him even if you are a straight guy (i.e. a stupid excuse that he liked him:roftl:). Otherwise, that one is a fantastic review as well and he also pointed out that the headlining act was boring at the beginning :naughty:

I will post a translation on it later this week - I only have limited access to computers and the net now:wink2:

Hello,

Just small article, but still better than nothing..:blush-anim-cl: I am looking forward for your translation :thumb_yello:

I am happy that Mika won a new fan. :)

For me was this gig great - am not able to compare with others, because this was my first. To tell the true I was a little bit disappoint because there were no BG and LG, but we cannot have everything.

And Budapest is a very nice city, I hope that one day I will make holiday here - maybe in March 2011 :)

sziget238.jpg

sziget241.jpg

sziget258.jpg

sziget336.jpg

sziget339.jpg

sziget360.jpg

sziget391.jpg

Wow, great pictures! Thank you for sharing :thumb_yello:

Dont know if this was posted before but found this quite interesting video the people from Sziget festival made :

Thank you! :flowers2: Your are a treasure:thumb_yello:

I tried to comment and post a link to this website, but there is an error message I receive...:dunno:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...