Lady jane Meaning?

Grynposen

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 months later...

Heyya

I don't think the lover died he drowned and turned into a fish and she knew that. Because she could walk on water she had to cut of her feet so she could dive in to go and find him. In the end people kill and eat her but her lover is still searching for her. Sooo sadd :( but a beautiful song. He should write more songs like this with just his voice and piano.

xx

Basically, Lady Jane fell in love with a dude. She could walk on water, he couldn't...Mika says that the lover started to drown...so LJ cuts off her feet so she can turn into a fish to find him...eventually word gets out about this fish because it's so beautiful and in the end she gets caught and eaten...we then find out that her lover is also in the sea looking for LJ...he didn't drown, he became a fish too...but he doesn't know she's dead...bit of a Romeo/Juliett story, sort of.

I don't think there's any meaning behind it, just a gothic fairytale. You think Disney is all fairydust and innocent? Think again. Those stories go yeeeaaaaaars back and they were originally for adults only because they were so gruesome. LJ is pretty much on the same level.

Basically, Lady Jane fell in love with a dude. She could walk on water, he couldn't...Mika says that the lover started to drown...so LJ cuts off her feet so she can turn into a fish to find him...eventually word gets out about this fish because it's so beautiful and in the end she gets caught and eaten...we then find out that her lover is also in the sea looking for LJ...he didn't drown, he became a fish too...but he doesn't know she's dead...bit of a Romeo/Juliett story, sort of.

I don't think there's any meaning behind it, just a gothic fairytale. You think Disney is all fairydust and innocent? Think again. Those stories go yeeeaaaaaars back and they were originally for adults only because they were so gruesome. LJ is pretty much on the same level.

I couldn't explain it better! That's exactly how i understand the song:thumb_yello:

I'd only add that the last line "Swimming through the ocean with a desperate stare" mades me think about fishes bulging eyes! and not feeling like eating fish anymore! ... Maybe Mika mean by this song we should become vegetarian :roftl:

Basically, Lady Jane fell in love with a dude. .

:lmfao:

Yeahhhhhhh...

:roftl:

Noes, but yeah, but no, but yeah...

And as she was sorta a weird biatch and kinda could walk in the water this dude who was pwetty hawt and sortof had the hots for her and digged her jumped in coz he thought she ditched him and the dudette thought he was gone for good and said "Dude, your prespective on water sucks...what the hell? "...so she cut off her feet and went to find the guy but she was caught and eaten, and dude, im telling ya, that dude is still drooling for her all this time under the water...:boxed:

:biggrin2:

I couldn't explain it better! That's exactly how i understand the song:thumb_yello:

I'd only add that the last line "Swimming through the ocean with a desperate stare" mades me think about fishes bulging eyes! and not feeling like eating fish anymore! ... Maybe Mika mean by this song we should become vegetarian :roftl:

haha i didn't need a reason why i shouldn't eat fish cause i am a vegitarian lol :aah: but i'm confused cause mika does eat fish doesnt he?

lol

Yeahhhhhhh...

And as she was sorta a weird biatch and kinda could walk in the water this dude who was pwetty hawt and sortof had the hots for her and digged her jumped in coz he thought she ditched him and the dudette thought he was gone for good and said "Dude, your prespective on water sucks...what the hell? "...so she cut off her feet and went to find the guy but she was caught and eaten, and dude, im telling ya, that dude is still drooling for her all this time under the water...:boxed:

LMFAO, oh my goodness.

haha i didn't need a reason why i shouldn't eat fish cause i am a vegitarian lol :aah: but i'm confused cause mika does eat fish doesnt he?

lol

I'm a Vegetarian..

Mika said he was a Vegetarian..

Mka said he bought chicken..

Mika likes sausage.. as stated above. :teehee:

Mika said he was allergic to fish, woah, I sound stalker-ish, I've always thought of this song as sacrafising your life for your partner, and then some terrible trajidy happening.. etc. etc. :naughty:

I don't give good explanations, but yeah. :aah:

Lady Jane doesn't have attention, so she finds a lover, shows him her talents, he fails at trying to be what she is, he drowns, almost but turns into a fish, she goes to save him but is killed by a fisherman who does not know of her beaty, and is served as food, while her lover is looking for her in the pond/ocean/river/lake/pool....... :fisch:

Yeahhhhhhh...

I can totally imagine Vicky Pollard saying this...

I couldn't explain it better! :wub2: One of my fav Mika's songs.

Archived