2012 - Audio: EQ Music Interview

BiaIchihara

A few weeks ago, I was lucky enough to sit down with Mika in the studio to talk about the recording process for his new album "The Origin Of Love".

During this exclusive EQ Music interview, the number one international hitmaker opens up about why he feels "The Origin Of Love" is truly his second album versus his last album "The Boy Who Knew Too Much". Mika also talks about working with Pharell on his new single "Celebrate" and what it's like to make adult pop music just for fun and he shares the story of how a writing session for "Gang Bang" by Madonna being turned into something completly different.

Mika is a great guy - it was the first time I've got to meet him and he is just as warm, welcoming and charming as you would expect him to be. After the inteview, he played the title track "The Origin Of Love" for me and it was outstandingly epic - a true pop masterpiece that you will fall in love with the first time you hear it - I promise that.

Look out for Mika's new album "The Origin Of Love" when it drops this fall and get a glimpse into the whole recording process by checking out our EQ Music interview below.

Transcript thanks Christine: http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3740668&postcount=35

Source: http://www.eqmusicblog.com/2012/07/eq-interview-with-mika-when-you-dont-feel-like-a-slut-you-feel-great.html

Thanks to @vanessa-love-mika for RTing :)

With subtitles:

:uk::uk: EQ Music Blog Interview (2012-07-16)

ZL3s5T6mWpk

Transcription thanks to Christine, timing and merging by DerMoment1608

Edited by mari62
adding link

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A few weeks ago, I was lucky enough to sit down with Mika in the studio to talk about the recording process for his new album "The Origin Of Love".

During this exclusive EQ Music interview, the number one international hitmaker opens up about why he feels "The Origin Of Love" is truly his second album versus his last album "The Boy Who Knew Too Much". Mika also talks about working with Pharell on his new single "Celebrate" and what it's like to make adult pop music just for fun and he shares the story of how a writing session for "Gang Bang" by Madonna being turned into something completly different.

Mika is a great guy - it was the first time I've got to meet him and he is just as warm, welcoming and charming as you would expect him to be. After the inteview, he played the title track "The Origin Of Love" for me and it was outstandingly epic - a true pop masterpiece that you will fall in love with the first time you hear it - I promise that.

Look out for Mika's new album "The Origin Of Love" when it drops this fall and get a glimpse into the whole recording process by checking out our EQ Music interview below.

Source: http://www.eqmusicblog.com/2012/07/eq-interview-with-mika-when-you-dont-feel-like-a-slut-you-feel-great.html

Thanks to @vanessa-love-mika for RTing :)

De onde vem esse titulo???:shocked::dunno:

It's me or the sound is really bad :doh:

for me it's not that good, but I can understand something xD

Edited by BiaIchihara

It's me or the sound is really bad :doh:

the audio is good for me as well, you could try a different browser or to download it

I listened to it on vimeo and the quality was ok :dunno:

Eu sei, mas vem a que proposito???

Você que entende bem inglês que nos diga :naughty:

você ouviu a entrevista? ele diz essa palavra alguma hora na entrevista?

ele fala isso no final da entrevista

Does anyone want me to write it out? But in english, because I can't do any other language... :aah:

But at least it will be easier for you to understand?

:bow: Please !!!!! I need it !!!

When I first loaded the video the volume was set really low so you might want to check to see that it's at full volume. I am having a bit of trouble discerning minor words like "you", "I" from one another because they are speaking so casually, but otherwise it's pretty clear.