• Step With Me
    • Emily / Elle Me Dit
    • Heroes
    • Celebrate
    • Karen
    • L’amour dans le mauvais temps
    • Un soleil mal lune
    • Tah Dah

I saw my earlier 'vote your favourite new song' tread being bumped and thought it would be a good idea to create a poll for you to choose your 3 favourite tracks from the whole album

The only problem is that we have 18 songs but only 16 options I can put for voting. So, I have put EMD/ Emily as one and I am not listing Popular as it is hugely based on a song from a musical.

(However, I will create another thread in a minute where I'll ask you to choose 2 songs you think would have been the best singles to promote the album with, to which I will add Popular.)

So, please choose no more than 3 songs on TOOL you think sound the most awesome/ beautiful / amazing .

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think my favourite songs and the ones that would make the best single are pretty much the same :naughty:

Except of course I can't vote for Popular :sneaky2: - Suzie I disagree that that it is "hugely based" on a song from a musical - it's only the chorus.

Edited by silver

So difficult to choose but I'll try, Underwater, Stadust and LYWID/OOL sorry they are four :blush-anim-cl: and I love the three french songs, Karen, L’amour dans le mauvais temps,Un soleil mal lune :wub2:

So difficult to choose but I'll try, Underwater, Stadust and LYWID/OOL sorry they are four :blush-anim-cl: and I love the three french songs, Karen, L’amour dans le mauvais temps,Un soleil mal lune :wub2:

It is a torture! Now I sit and think how unfair I was concerning my other favourites :aah: for example Un soleil mal lune :wub2:

It is a torture! Now I sit and think how unfair I was concerning my other favourites :aah: for example Un soleil mal lune :wub2:

But I was a good girl and voted just three :wink2: it's easier fot me to choose the no favourite ones, I like them but they aren't my cup of tea, only two :blush-anim-cl:

Edited by Mikasister

Except of course I can't vote for Popular :sneaky2: - Suzie I disagree that that it is "hugely based" on a song from a musical - it's only the chorus.

But most of the singing part in Mika's song is the chorus:roftl: (just like in the musical) and it is also the piano riff and the 'la la' part, btw.

Anyway, I just wanted to be fair to the original songs, including the bonus tracks. :wink2:

Edited by suzie

I voted based on the times I've played the tracks on my music library: the three with most plays are Step With Me, Lola and Overrated. :wub2:

I agree with Dreamy_Queen though. The more I listen to the album the harder it is to pick a favourite track. If I had to pick three based on which ones I like right now I'd probably say Kids, MYH and OOL. I'm still not a fan of Heroes, Popular or LYWID (although the acoustic version of LYWID is gorgeous).

I am finding it easier to pick favourites now that I've been listening to the album for months. At first the novelty makes almost all the songs enjoyable and I put them on high rotation except for a couple I don't like so much. It took a long time to go through this process with LICM but now it's more obvious to me which songs are going to stand the test of time and which are going to be sidelined for new songs in the future.

Underwater is still in my top 2 or 3 songs but something is lost in the recorded version. So I chose Stardust, Overrated and Make You Happy. These three tracks are perfect to me and I don't think I'll ever change my mind about that.

I chose Origin of Love, Overrated and Un Soleil Mal Luné. 3 very different songs, but 3 songs I'm completely addicted to. It was a hard choice though and I struggled to make my decision except for Origin of Love, obvious to me when I look at how often I listen to it...

I chose Origin of Love, Overrated and Un Soleil Mal Luné. 3 very different songs, but 3 songs I'm completely addicted to. It was a hard choice though and I struggled to make my decision except for Origin of Love, obvious to me when I look at how often I listen to it...

Almost identical as mine. I put Stardust but Overrated is a very close 4 :-)

Dare you all choose 1 fav song ???? Can you ?

It's Overrated for me. Stardust might win out over time because of the live version but I think Overrated is a better track and a more interesting song.

My 3 least favourite is easy. Emily, Karen and BIOTW whose French name I can't even remember. :naughty:

I chose Origin of Love, Overrated and Un Soleil Mal Luné.

I am glad you chose the last one. It would have been my 5th choice.

My first 3 are

Underwater (:wub2:),

Tah Dah ( a shocking surprise, evoking George Michael and the BeeGees all in one :roftl:)

Make You Happy - a true masterpiece, can't get enough of it and love the 2 faces to it (Miami and LA edit)

The best song is The Origin of Love, in my opinion, but to me that's the one that misses something or, actually, a lot in the recording. I would prefer a versuon that sounds gradious or at least more uplifting rather than sounding 'dancey' and focusing on the drugged effect (distortion). I also miss dynamics.

Edited by suzie