I am horrified...

CazGirl

at Mika's MySpace Page.

Admittedly I hadn't been on there in a while, so I was majorly shocked when I saw how many appearances he is making.

One after the other.

The list is SOOOOOOOOO LOOOOONNNNNG.

The man is seriously working too hard and needs some major rest. I am really worried about him and his health...his fame has really catapulted but I think it's about time he came down to Earth a bit to have some hometime, you know?

Fame in no way, shape or form has gone to his head - and I pray it never does - but this new founded fame sounds really gruelling and pressuring.

Mika, we love you, you know we do, and as much as we love to see you in concerts/tv etc, we'd love you even more if you were in tip-top shape. It saddens me to see you tired in some photos, and I'm sure other MFC members do too.

Now this next part sounds really retarded. I really wanna do SOMETHING. I hope he manages to read this message but I feel I need to do something to help but I am completely powerless.

anyone got any present ideas or anything?

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I feel the same way Caz, and some of us DC people tried to tell him so when we met him... and then I talked to Mikey about it too, but they both said it was the way it had to be.

I don't know.

I still feel they could all really use a rest.

--Jack

I agree Jack.

"that's the way it has to be"?

No, I don't think so.

To me, that response sounds like it's even against their will, it's not even a proper explanation as to why they are working so hard, but I may be reading too much into it.

I feel the same way Caz, and some of us DC people tried to tell him so when we met him... and then I talked to Mikey about it too, but they both said it was the way it had to be.

I don't know.

I still feel they could all really use a rest.

--Jack

I think "that's the way it was chosen to be"... Even if i don't know who chose that way.

Hey you guys, I've been super worried too - but unfortunately, I think their thinking is that the Mika train must go on...

I just don't want to see it crash and burn in the process...

*shudder*:shocked:

precisely.

He and his team well need to slow down before they run out of steam. You need to catch a break now and then to refill yourself, you don't take the risk in building it all up at the beginning, and then praying all the fuel you have will last all the way because a lot of the time that doesn't work.

I pray his management realises that.

i completely agree with cazgirl!

But what can we do?

and i mean, this is their job... and he is just starting out, so hes bound to do a ton of touring.

I mean, this is the only thing we can do now, by sending him messages and stuff, and trying to tell him at gigs to rest. Or we can get even more people to tell him.

Idk...

We should think of something to try to get the message straight to him, and make sure that he knows...

well i had this idea a while ago *that probably and totally will not work lol* that when he has a day off in london we should book like...an all day spa for him at a good ... spa place. xDDD

some good massages and relaxation...rejuvination...you know? *is rejuvination the right word?*

if we all pitched some money together somehow it could get done. and there's also telling him about it too...that may prove difficult..

oh well, it's worth the thought LOL

precisely.

He and his team well need to slow down before they run out of steam. You need to catch a break now and then to refill yourself, you don't take the risk in building it all up at the beginning, and then praying all the fuel you have will last all the way because a lot of the time that doesn't work.

I pray his management realises that.

Exactly!!!! Well said Cazgirl! I am personally well-acquainted with burnout! Not fun! You never quite recover....:boxed::thumbdown:

Y'know, I think the spa idea is great.. I think everybody's heart is in the right place, but when push comes to shove Mika is a big boy now and it really is up to him to call the shots and dictate when to set the boundaries. After all, this IS HIS CAREER, he has been very forthcoming about his music since the very beginning (i.e. the original message of Grace Kelly!!). We can all make suggestions until the cows come home, so can his management and his band AND HIS FAMILY but ultimately IT'S HIS CHOICE! I know it must be pretty heady stuff for him to be this popular this fast and so far it hasn't all gone to his head, or so it seems, anyways; I really, really hope he doesn't drive himself to sickness, because I have said previously that I do know what burnout is about and it is a miserable state, a really difficult state to bounce back from, and definitely not one you want to start your career with. Let's just hope he gets the opportunity to mix personal with professional and Relax, Take It Easy!:thumb_yello:

Well, not to make Mika too much a helpless victim here, I should note that he seemed pretty determined that it be the way it is, too. After all, he's always maintained very strongly how important it is for him to control his own career path, so he's not exactly a powerless pawn being pushed around by Big Bad Management.

I think as someone mentioned before, he's always been such a hard and ambitious worker that he doesn't really know how to do anything by half. So the hard part may be making him realize that he can afford to slow down.

--Jack

Y'know, I think the spa idea is great.. I think everybody's heart is in the right place, but when push comes to shove Mika is a big boy now and it really is up to him to call the shots and dictate when to set the boundaries. After all, this IS HIS CAREER, he has been very forthcoming about his music since the very beginning (i.e. the original message of Grace Kelly!!). We can all make suggestions until the cows come home, so can his management and his band AND HIS FAMILY but ultimately IT'S HIS CHOICE! I know it must be pretty heady stuff for him to be this popular this fast and so far it hasn't all gone to his head, or so it seems, anyways; I really, really hope he doesn't drive himself to sickness, because I have said previously that I do know what burnout is about and it is a miserable state, a really difficult state to bounce back from, and definitely not one you want to start your career with. Let's just hope he gets the opportunity to mix personal with professional and Relax, Take It Easy!:thumb_yello:

Honestly, I don't think he is planning his schedule to be able to say, "I need a break." He has said that he is "tired of being tired," so it doesn't make sense... I honestly suspect that he has no real control over his schedule. If he did, he wouldn't be "tired of being tired." I think the real root of the problem is that he has said that he must do promo/gigs to start his career off right, which to me, insinuates that he believes he has to do what he is currently doing or else his career will end up in stop. Obviously, the latter he is unwilling to run the risk of doing, so... He's stuck. But, he really does need to rest. I hope whoever is in charge of doing his schedule realize it (if sh/e hasn't already) and does something to fix it. Because Mika has already gotten sick (chest/cold), seemingly from always being tired and not getting enough rest. He even has a reocurring injury in his leg and the doctors have no idea what it is. He has to get bandaged up after every gig, or so he said *and* he acknowledged that it was from so much touring. So, I really hope he recuperates... I think that he needs at least a week to fully recover, honestly. I don't think they'll give him that much time and if they don't, I fear then Mika will be on and off sick for the remainder of the tour. :thumbdown:

Well, not to make Mika too much a helpless victim here, I should note that he seemed pretty determined that it be the way it is, too. After all, he's always maintained very strongly how important it is for him to control his own career path, so he's not exactly a powerless pawn being pushed around by Big Bad Management.

I think as someone mentioned before, he's always been such a hard and ambitious worker that he doesn't really know how to do anything by half. So the hard part may be making him realize that he can afford to slow down.

--Jack

My sentiments exactly. Isn't he the same guy that claims to have OCD and once he has things his way he doesn't want things changed? (I'm not quoting here, just paraphrasing, you get the gist of it.) He's totally driven, he knows what he wants and he goes after it. Typical "Type A" personality, if they still use that (or am I horribly dating myself?) It's admirable and it's very, very dangerous. I look at his schedule and it's like looking in the mirror. It's pretty scary, actually. I'm not, in any way insinuating I'm creatively or talent-wise in any league of Mika's, I just recognize the driven, dedicated behavior to the extent where you become so obsessed with success you actually begin to self destruct. THAT'S the REALLY scary part!!!!!:shocked:

And don't forget all the things being cancelled one after the other !! At a really short distance... I think it's part of the whole thing too !

And i agree with Jack, he may not be the only one who makes the decision, but he's the one performing (and the band too, don't forget about them) and i'm sure there is a way for him to get a bit of control about the schedule... But he HAS to realise things too, and if he doesn't say that he doesn't agree, they will just go on and on planning things to cancel them afterwards because of being exhausting, which is normal for a human being... And there will be consequences with all these cancellations !! People can think he doesn't care about them paying a lot of money to see him and then cancel for a tv appearance or whatever which is not unpredictable (as illness)...

And he's feeling tired, cause he talks about that in more and more itw (i'm thinking about the one on the phone which inspired Violet_Sky's thread with the bumping drunk that i've just listened to)...

Take care Mika... Or watch out...

Well, not to make Mika too much a helpless victim here, I should note that he seemed pretty determined that it be the way it is, too...the hard part may be making him realize that he can afford to slow down.

--Jack

He probably thinks he can't afford to slow down, though. But how to make him realize that?

He probably thinks he can't afford to slow down, though. But how to make him realize that?

Well, it's not rocket science. Sooner or later, the s**t hits the fan! Too many cancellations, too many illnesses, too many injuries, etc. There will be complaints, flack, unfortunately bad press. I hope it doesn't get to that point but when the machine breaks down there will be repercussions... Mika seems like a very smart guy and a good manager. I think he'll figure it out. I just hope he does before there's too much damage... or ANY, for that matter...

Well, that's the question here, isn't it? :-)

I think Calicojasmine's mention of OCD was spot-on... Mika did say that once he's decided on something, that is the way it has to be. So maybe he's so fixed on doing this whilrwind of promotion and touring and building himself a fanbase all over the world at one go that he can't let go of it, even when it's proving dangerous to his health.

I suppose we could all try posting comments to the effect of "Mika slow down!" on his Myspace... Cazgirl and I both did that already, I'm thinking if everyone else here did too, it may cause someone to stop and consider our point at least briefly. Though such a bombardment might also be a bit obnoxious...

--Jack

Well, that's the question here, isn't it? :-)

I think Calicojasmine's mention of OCD was spot-on... Mika did say that once he's decided on something, that is the way it has to be. So maybe he's so fixed on doing this whilrwind of promotion and touring and building himself a fanbase all over the world at one go that he can't let go of it, even when it's proving dangerous to his health.

I suppose we could all try posting comments to the effect of "Mika slow down!" on his Myspace... Cazgirl and I both did that already, I'm thinking if everyone else here did too, it may cause someone to stop and consider our point at least briefly. Though such a bombardment might also be a bit obnoxious...

--Jack

Jack, yesterday on another thread I also directly asked him to Relax, take it easy - 'cause he had 2 days off before his next gig in Paris. You're right, though, it could get really obnoxious if we all started harping on him to take care, wear his woolies and drink hot drinks :naughty: (being silly here). I mean, he already has one mother!!! He may have to learn the hard way - like I did - which would be horrible, but unfortunately, that's life in the big city.... Sorry, sounds harsh, but true...

hey guys... maybe we can collect some money from everyone and make a big basket of goodies for relaxation?

i would give it to him on his next show in LA...lol

it would be funny :) and cute i think!

like bath stuff....and that thing u put on your eyes to go to sleep...

and a relaxation CD?

and more? :)

hey guys... maybe we can collect some money from everyone and make a big basket of goodies for relaxation?

i would give it to him on his next show in LA...lol

it would be funny :) and cute i think!

nice idea...fill it up with bath and body works!!!

this reminds me of what Borders gave to Mika back in March...it was a bag filled with books and lotion (?)...

he seemed to like it...but he was kiddin around...saying "Oh I love the SWAG!"

nice idea...fill it up with bath and body works!!!

this reminds me of what Borders gave to Mika back in March...it was a bag filled with books and lotion (?)...

he seemed to like it...but he was kiddin around...saying "Oh I love the SWAG!"

lol so he got this thing before? hmmmm ... lol