I am horrified...

CazGirl

yop -

i have to say that i agree with you!

and please, everyone remember...

that he has probably been working toward this kind of exposure for the last few years....

maybe he is making up for time wasted...

remember?

when no one wanted to give him a label or a chance to be himself?

remember that he loves what he does....

and being the self driven perfectionist that i think he is...

i am quite sure that he is happy that he has this totally awesome

and wonderful opportunity to share his beautiful music with the world!

:wink2:

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Agreed, Yop.

I do think some of the stuff he's doing is too much even considering the crazy launch-year--I mean, I was really surprised to hear that he's planning to come back to the US in September, because I thought the summer tour was his launching tour here and he didn't have to come back for a while yet--and I do think he's doing heavier touring than most other artists, and with less break-time in between. So I really wish he'd relax a bit and schedule some more down time, even if he spends it writing new songs and recording rather than on "holiday." But it's up to him, it was his decision from the first, and it's his own determination that's driving him. While I do think it's rather getting out of control a bit, I don't think as his fans we can do much about it except pass on our concerns and pledge our loyalty. It's not our place to manage him.

--Jack

I can agree with many of Yoppa's points .... in more ways than it would be appropriate to express.

titania, it is always appropriate to agree with all of Yoppa's points.

At least, that's what she told me, as she was twisting my arm behind my back. :naughty:

titania, it is always appropriate to agree with all of Yoppa's points.

At least, that's what she told me, as she was twisting my arm behind my back. :naughty:

And that i didn't tell you to say :sneaky2:

But i'm lazy to read all i wrote, but maybe i haven't said that i ALSO think it's too much ! It's the whole "What should we do about it" that i don't agree with. It's his life, he manages it how he wants to. And we can only watch and hope (that, i remember i said it :naughty: ).

I do agree, but he has wanted it for so long and is of an age where he is just going for it. I don't think anything or anyone will stop him.

We can only express our concerns and let him know that if he wants to slow down a bit we will understand.

It will be just as bad for the other guys too, and Martin has a young family.

As we said, he has his parents to advise him, and Jerry Blair is hardly an inexperienced manager, we have to assume that between them they know what they are doing, I think.

But i'm lazy to read all i wrote, but maybe i haven't said that i ALSO think it's too much ! It's the whole "What should we do about it" that i don't agree with. It's his life, he manages it how he wants to. And we can only watch and hope (that, i remember i said it :naughty: ).

Someday, Yop, I will come over to France again, and you will marry me.

Cela doit se passer.

Je pratiquerai mon français juste pour cette occasion.

--Jack

Awww. :blush-anim-cl:

Well, in our one moment of fangirlishness, perhaps we will invite the Assistant to the wedding. Il peut nous donner une sérénade... une chanson à célébrer la beauté de notre amour.

But otherwise, pish! We don't care so much for him.

--Jack

Man oh man - if this thread is not a testament to MFC's altruistic tendencies, I don't know what is! Everybody here should be very proud of themselves! You guys all have SUCH big hearts! To want to help someone you don't even really know is exceptionally generous. Of course we all love Mika, yeah we're concerned for his health and well-being. But I have to agree with Yop on this one. WE ARE ONLY FANS, PEOPLE. It is arrogant, in the very least, to assume that we can control or influence Mika's life, decisions or career in any major way. Mika has spent his whole life honing his skills, perfecting his craft in order to do what he is doing today. To deprive him of that, or even suggest to him to cut back on that, is unthinkable. Who are we to dictate his path? I'm the first to acknowledge that his workload is excessive - hell, it's more than that, it's BRUTAL - but, as previously said, it was a sacrifice that he was prepared to make in order to launch his career. I, too, hope it won't have negative repercussions - and, as I've disclosed before, I've personally experienced burnnout in my career (and it was no walk in the park, believe me!) but we cannot prevent it from happening, if it was meant to be. Again, I hope to God the course of his journey will be smooth and care-free, but sometimes obstacles in our way are a message to be learned and a warning to be heeded. Mika is an intelligent and creative, talented man; he is also his own man - he makes his own decisions. He is also surrounded by a very loving and caring family as well as a supportive team of colleagues. Do you want to bet that they all have his back?

I know everyone here has his best interests at heart. I think everyone here in the MFC forum is absolutely wonderful. In the short time that I have been here I have come to regard you guys as family - no kidding! You are all so giving and caring - not just towards Mika but towards each other. It is admirable. But I think sometimes we tend to push the envelope and take it too far. We have to set boundaries. Sending him birthday cards, scrapbook, etc. is appropriate. Booking his free time is not. We all mean well, but I think we're going over the top. Mika already has one mother. Don't you think he might even start to get a bit annoyed with us?

I really hope I haven't stepped on anyone's toes here. I really, really understand the great intentions behind all of this. I feel the same way - I'm worried too. But you also have to learn in life when to let go. Folks, I think that time is now.

Awww. :blush-anim-cl:

Well, in our one moment of fangirlishness, perhaps we will invite the Assistant to the wedding. Il peut nous donner une sérénade... une chanson à célébrer la beauté de notre amour.

But otherwise, pish! We don't care so much for him.

--Jack

You forgot the :mf_rosetinted:

:naughty:

And the serenade could be a could idea, we have to plan it all very carefully :blush-anim-cl:

I think this is the end of the thread :naughty: What can we do ? Nothing but send comments on myspace... How sad for the most motivated of us all :naughty:

guys i do agree with you all...even though i wish it was said a little nicer...because now i feel a bit pathetic and worthless lol

i never intended to control Mika's schedule in any way, i didn't want to interfere i know it's his life and he may choose to do what he wants, but i know we are all concerned for him and i wanted to express our concern and care for him in some way.

agreed the whole spa thing was stupid...at the time i was in a "wouldn't it be nice...?" world (i'm always daydreaming lol i dont stop)

but i dont think the card is a bad idea...

guys i do agree with you all...even though i wish it was said a little nicer...because now i feel a bit pathetic and worthless lol

i never intended to control Mika's schedule in any way, i didn't want to interfere i know it's his life and he may choose to do what he wants, but i know we are all concerned for him and i wanted to express our concern and care for him in some way.

agreed the whole spa thing was stupid...at the time i was in a "wouldn't it be nice...?" world (i'm always daydreaming lol i dont stop)

Caz, I also think it was a little harsh to describe our concern (which is all it is, after all) as 'arrogant'. Although I do understand the points made by Yopp and others.

Of course we can't change Mika's schedule! But we can show our concern and that we are thinking of him, just as fans, not because we think we are his friends :naughty: I see nothing wrong in sending a message to him to this effect - even if he probably never gets it. In the same way one would express concern to a friend or work colleague if we thought they were overdoing things. It doesn't mean we expect them to take any notice..it's just an act of humanity!

I'm happy enough to just leave a message on his myspace, for what that is worth. There, I have done my bit. But Caz I don't think the card is a bad idea either if you are really into it.

:biggrin2:

Caz, I also think it was a little harsh to describe our concern (which is all it is, after all) as 'arrogant'. Although I do understand the points made by Yopp and others.

Of course we can't change Mika's schedule! But we can show our concern and that we are thinking of him, just as fans, not because we think we are his friends :naughty: I see nothing wrong in sending a message to him to this effect - even if he probably never gets it. In the same way one would express concern to a friend or work colleague if we thought they were overdoing things. It doesn't mean we expect them to take any notice..it's just an act of humanity!

I'm happy enough to just leave a message on his myspace, for what that is worth. There, I have done my bit. But Caz I don't think the card is a bad idea either if you are really into it.

:biggrin2:

i officially love you :) lol ^_^

By the way - does anyone know why Mika cancelled the Paris Champs-Elysees signing yesterday???:wink2:

Not that I'm trying to suggest he is taking notice of us!!:roftl:

(Joke. I'm sure there was another reason...)

:mf_rosetinted:

By the way - does anyone know why Mika cancelled the Paris Champs-Elysees signing yesterday???:wink2:

ive no idea...i dont even know if he's doing a signing in england or not

That has been cancelled for some time though. (I know you were joking Gata!)

:crybaby: I am weeping. But not for the end of this thread. But because

A) Jack Violet is marrying Yop. Why Yop! :tears: What has she got?

B) You haven't even invited me. :crybaby:

I'm just better than what you will ever be :roftl:

We haven't done the list yet, ut you'll be our honor guest, of course ! And all the apple crew :mf_rosetinted:

I'm quite sorry Caz, cause i knew it would be harsh (and i had warned not to take it bad, even if it's hard not to) for 2 reasons :

- i was certainly in a bad mood (even if i don't have to make you all feel my bad mood, cause you're not the cause of it, and have nothing to see with it)

- i certainly don't have the vocabulary of a native English speaker, so sometimes, the nuance is hard to say... Sometimes, you just know "the good word and the bad word" to say something... Not the one in the middle that would bring the nuance my post didn't have.

And the card and comments on myspace ARE a good idea, it's just the ONLY thing we can do, that's all !

They certainly cancelled the signing cause they realised (before the d-day that time, progress since february and the HMV singning cancelled because of the free gig in London on the same evening, where they annouced the signing was cancelled while people were waiting for him to arrive and sing ans then sign... Rant done... :biggrin2: ) that it wouldn't be possible to do both signing, rehearsal and gig on the same afternoon and evening, since the signing was planned to start at 3pm...

Anyway, i think it's because of that, they never gave the reason, but it does make sense, so...

I'm quite sorry Caz, cause i knew it would be harsh (and i had warned not to take it bad, even if it's hard not to) for 2 reasons :

- i was certainly in a bad mood (even if i don't have to make you all feel my bad mood, cause you're not the cause of it, and have nothing to see with it)

- i certainly don't have the vocabulary of a native English speaker, so sometimes, the nuance is hard to say... Sometimes, you just know "the good word and the bad word" to say something... Not the one in the middle that would bring the nuance my post didn't have.

And the card and comments on myspace ARE a good idea, it's just the ONLY thing we can do, that's all !

lol thats okay, apology accepted ^_^

and I must say that your english is very good! ^_^ when i first came on here i had no idea you were french. *ur french, right? xD*

but even so, your harsh words did make me realise that maybe we were all expecting a bit too much, so at least something good came out of it lol...in a very strange way!

lol thats okay, apology accepted ^_^

and I must say that your english is very good! ^_^ when i first came on here i had no idea you were french. *ur french, right? xD*

French French... Thank you :thumb_yello:

but even so, your harsh words did make me realise that maybe we were all expecting a bit too much, so at least something good came out of it lol...in a very strange way!

It was also what i wanted for all of us, even if i do wish i had used "softer" words, like in "nuance" and "middle" :wink2: