Mika on the mend?

KiteKat

No video.

Live radio : Mika music on, live. No sound out of his mouth. Crowd singing. Crowd stopping singing. Still no sound from Mika (or so little). Crowd singing again. NME comments : "and that was mika letting the crowd sing".

This is the summary.

Our comments so far :

- Pathetic

- Humiliating

- Poor guy

- (Un)volunteer Homicid from UNIVERSAL (my comment)

- Nibe and Roskilde are still able to sue him if they want too...

This the summary of what happened at Oxegen. To keep you updated.

Don't talk about Oxegen HERE, go the the Oxegen thread, so it would be less confusing, ok ? PLEASE.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Update from Oxegen Website...

REM frontman Michael Stipe, supermodel Helena Christensen, and actor Josh Hartnett are among the 80,000 music fans who have been enjoying a raft of world class acts on the first day of OXEGEN.

Also soaking up the festival vibe at The Greatest Rock ‘n’ Roll Weekend of the Year was actress Susan Sarandon and her partner Tim Robbins plus Stephen Rae.

On the stages the likes of Mika, Kings of Leon, Gossip, David Kitt, The View, Biffy Clyro and The Maccabees have been thrilling festival goers with energetic and memorable performances.

New York indie band The Bravery stormed the Green Room tent, playing a blistering live set before frontman Sam Endicott launched himself off the stage and into the crowd.

Enter Shikari singer Rou Reynolds also joined fans in the front few rows, throwing himself into the crowd several times during their Green Room stage set, the band also bounced on a trampoline on stage, much to the delight of the crowd.

On the Pet Sounds stage Ireland’s own David Kitt had stewards pull his younger brother out of the crowd and up onto the stage so they could perform a song together. The singer also declared “It’s great to be back in Ireland playing to all you crazy people.â€

During their set on Stage 2 The Gossip played an upbeat cover version of George Michael’s ‘Careless Whisper’. Singer Beth Ditto also told how she was enjoying the OXEGEN festival vibe, she said: “This is my first year for festivals, you can really feel the energy of the crowd, that’s what I love the mostâ€, and she revealed: “I didn’t even know what wellies were until we got here, we call them galoshes at home – but I know now!â€

Scots indie rockers The View arrived by helicopter just minutes before they were due to appear, and encouraged fans to jump along with them during their Main Stage set, prompting a mass sing along with their hit single Same Jeans, while Avril Lavigne also drew thousands of fans to the Main Stage with her set that included a cover of the Blink 182 song ‘All the Small Things’.

Maximo Park singer Paul Smith said he was delighted to be playing OXEGEN for the third year in a row, he said: “The sun always seems to shine on Oxegen. We’ve had some really nice times here, it has a great atmosphere and the crowd are so warm, there’s a sort of sparkle about them, they really seem to appreciate the music, it’s great.â€

Acts still to take to the stage this evening include Muse, Snow Patrol, Scissor Sisters, Interpol, Wu Tang Clan, Queens of the Stone Age and 29 piece band I’m From Barcelona.

Festival goers have also made a good job of enjoying many of the other attractions apart from the music at OXEGEN. The tented Sonas areas of the campsite where people can chill out and enjoy a range of food are proving immensely popular with hungry campers. The 24 hour restaurant, hot showers and convenience stores are also keeping the campers happy. Coke’s fun activities across the site are also keeping the party rolling. Their Giant Twister and Campsite Karaoke are proving a hit as it the ClashFinder which creates a personalised timetable of band preferences.

People have also been flocking to the MySpace Summer Daze Bus where bands including The Fratellis, The Horrors and The Maccabees have been treating a select bunch of festival goers to guerrilla gigs throughout the afternoon.

I think with this subject, there are too many chinese whispers, and I think it will only stop when Mika posts on his Myspace site to clarify everything.

I do agree that if he does do Oxygen and T in the Park it will look mighty suspicious, especially as both illnesses mean he isn't allowed to sing, but we ill have to wait and see.

I really do wish him well and hope that he fully recovers before he starts performing again, and that includes if he should have to cancel Somerset House. I'd rather see him 100% fit, than forcing himself to play, it wouldn't be the same.

fully recovery?no way...at least a few of months of rest!

but he can't cancel ALL, becoz it is costly

that's why he need to give up some of the gigs

but he still need to keep on working at the same time

even though he is on stage does't mean he's OK

when u are on stage, u need to put out 200% energy

i mean even i am sick, i would try not to show how i am tired, how i am sick on my face

hmmm...i guess i am the most stubborn girl in this forum...:biggrin2:

Well something going on or going wrong that's for sure, but I don't see the point of getting angry when no one has any concrete evidence of who to get angry with and there seems to be so much anger flying about at the moment and a lot of selfishness from some. I think I WOULD feel a bit angry if it was a gig I had planned to go to and made all the arrangements for, but not until I knew WHO to be angry with, and as yet no one seems to know for sure.

I have been thinking all kinds of reasons why this is happening, from bad management, or good management if they know something we don't, to even perhaps if Mika had some other valid reasons for not doing it that he felt unable to reveal yet (could be psychological reasons or anything).

I have a vivid imagination :naughty:

Well something going on or going wrong that's for sure, but I don't see the point of getting angry when no one has any concrete evidence of who to get angry with and there seems to be so much anger flying about at the moment and a lot of selfishness from some. I think I WOULD feel a bit angry if it was a gig I had planned to go to and made all the arrangements for, but not until I knew WHO to be angry with, and as yet no one seems to know for sure.

I have been thinking all kinds of reasons why this is happening, from bad management, or good management if they know something we don't, to even perhaps if Mika had some other valid reasons for not doing it that he felt unable to reveal yet (could be psychological reasons or anything).

I have a vivid imagination :naughty:

haha, it's just THEM we're angry/annoyed with/about :cheerful_h4h:

Maybe, but we may never know, and I think it's kind of harsh to tell fans who have spent a lot of money on tickets, transportation, clothing, etc, and have that it was cancelled at last minute (and not just because of health reasons--or at least not the ones given!) that they don't have a right to be angry.

--Jack

I didn't say they didn't have a RIGHT to be angry, I said

I don't see the point of getting angry when no one has any concrete evidence of who to get angry with
and I found it was getting too heated, and it made me feel uncomfortable, but it's been said somewhere along these threads that it's hard to gauge peoples true feelings via txt as it's impossible to judge facial expressions and tone of voice etc. I guess I wanted to save it for when or IF the truth ever comes out, if it doesn't then...things look very suspicious and we will all have our own opinions on it I guess.