Official MFC Magazine Planning Thread

Hi all,

Thanks to a brilliant idea by Femifrosk and BexxY, we're planning to create a Mika Fan Club magazine. I think we're aiming to create an e-magazine, since printing and mailing and such is quite expensive and time consuming.

So I spent some time mucking around and created this:

Point_Delishedit2.jpg

We can toss ideas back and forth, create content - whatever! I used "Pointlessly Delicious" as a name, but we can certainly change that. Please don't throw rotten vegetables at me about the design - it's three in the morning and I don't have any coffee. :shocked:

If you want to get involved in creating this, let me know and we'll make a list of hands on board.

Cheers!

--------

MFC Magazine Team:

Creative Direction

Bexxy

Femifrosk

Layout & Design

Sivan

Lollipop_monkey

Shezzy12

Copywriting

Lollipop_monkey

Mellody

Queenie

Mandilambi

Ioana

BonjourMika1990

My_rainbow_radio

Soange

Vanessa (fashion writing)

Editing

Hannah

Lollipop_monkey

Kavi

bttrflykisses88

avilitis

Artwork & Drawings

Marianne84

Shezzy12

Photography

Queenie

Mandilambi (US gigs)

Soangel

Research

Mellody

Lilmot

General Help

Mirtilla

Kavi

RosieLou

Lolliepop_girl

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi all,

Thanks to a brilliant idea by Femifrosk and BexxY, we're planning to create a Mika Fan Club magazine. I think we're aiming to create an e-magazine, since printing and mailing and such is quite expensive and time consuming.

So I spent some time mucking around and created this:

Point_Delishedit2.jpg

We can toss ideas back and forth, create content - whatever! I used "Pointlessly Delicious" as a name, but we can certainly change that. Please don't throw rotten vegetables at me about the design - it's three in the morning and I don't have any coffee. :shocked:

If you want to get involved in creating this, let me know and we'll make a list of hands on board.

Cheers!

The design is great, and I love the title!

lol remember i did this like 3 months ago? :)

Yay our resident graphics design guru is on board! Sivan, that's awesome. And let me hand you a drink to acknowledge the fact that you could design me under the table!

:cheers:

Did the one you created ever progress beyond a cover design? If we could generate some content, we could really get this show on the road!

Yay our resident graphics design guru is on board! Sivan, that's awesome. And let me hand you a drink to acknowledge the fact that you could design me under the table!

:cheers:

Did the one you created ever progress beyond a cover design? If we could generate some content, we could really get this show on the road!

sure...i think that if you guys get the text and pix together...i dont mind putting them in order in the pages.... and make the magazine pages:)

unless someone ellse said he will do it allready....

i dont want to steal anyone work...

Great idea, the covers are also nice. :thumb_yello: Hmm, but how much do you think printing a magazine would cost?

no printing needed....even the biggest magazines have an online magazine these days :)

Editorial Meeting:

Draft list of things that we'd like to include:

• Picture Captions - since that's how the idea was born!
  • Show pictures and reviews by MFCers
  • Links to articles by press (a perk of the online format)
  • Letters to Mika (a few each month, from different parts of the world)
  • Maybe some editorial content? E.g, "Mika - changing the definition of pop music?"
  • Fan art and drawings
  • RosinaKiwi started a thread where people translated Mika's songs (or portions of) into other languages - might be cool to add that, really show the MFC's diversity
  • Post cards to print
  • Center poster

Got more? Toss 'em out here!

Potential Magazine Titles:

Pointlessly Delicious

MIKA

Mikazine

Mikamaniacs

Mika Fan Club

MFC

MFC Mag

Love Today

Mag in Cartoon Motion

Mika Monthly

Picamag

MFC Superfans Mag

Who is Billy Brown?

Mikalicious

Mika Lollipop Mag

Mika Chabby Mag

Mika In Life Mag

Mika Stucky Mag

Why Not Magazine

i'd love to join! :original: i'm a freelance journalist and have also been working as an editor for a well-known german magazine for 2 years, so i know how it all works. :wink2: i could provide text content and write articles (although unfortunately my english isn't perfect) and help with the organization. and i've studied media computer science, so i'd be able to create a website (see my signature :wink2:). of course i could also do german translations, of lyrics or of the whole mag, if it's a success and we want to make it available in different languages.

we should choose a format for the mag: PDF, HTML, Flash, JPG? or any other ideas? i'll try to put together the advantages and disadvantages, feel free to add any other pros and cons you can think of. i vote for PDF, it's the closest to a print magazine. :wink2:

PDF (Adobe Acrobat)

pro: can be sent via e-mail as one file, no website needed, freedom in layout, can easily be printed, can be saved as a file

contra: can't add links to click on (i think? does anyone know?), no easy updates

JPG / GIF and other picture formats

pro: can be put on a website and/or sent via e-mail, freedom in layout, can be printed and saved

contra: see PDF, every page needs a single file, not a good format for text, probably bigger filesize (altogether) than PDF

PPT (Powerpoint)

pro: see PDF

contra: everyone can change it, readers need the fonts that are used installed on their PC (which limits the freedom of layout :wink2:)

DOC (Word)

pro: can be sent via e-mail as one file, no website needed, can easily be printed, can be saved as a file

contra: see PPT, layout restrictions

HTML (Website)

pro: easy to keep up-to-date (e.g. cancelled concerts :naughty:), possibility to add links

contra: layout only within the limits of HTML (PHP, JavaScript), not a good format for printing and saving, login / database needed, if the mag should only be availabe to suscribers

Flash

pro: see HTML, freedom in layout, animations

contra: expensive program needed (Flash), no possibility to print and save, login / database needed, if the mag should only be availabe to suscribers

in addition to the jobs you've already listed, i think we need someone (or also 2/3 people, depending on how many pages the mag will have) who checks the whole content for spelling and grammar mistakes before it is published. quality assurance. :biggrin2:

and about the name question, here's a list of names that have been suggested by you, and i'll add my suggestions. let's do a little brainstorming and add all suggestions to this list, and then we can choose 10 and make a poll.

Name suggestions:

Pointlessly Delicious

MIKA

Mikazine

Mikamaniacs

Mika Fan Club

MFC

MFC Mag

Love Today

Mag in Cartoon Motion

Mika Monthly

some more content suggestions: a news section (i think it's better if we write down the most important news in our own words than linking to a lot of articles), and maybe someone wants to draw a mika cartoon strip for every issue? and we could have a section where we introduce some of the most active / best known / etc. MFCers - there is this thread somewhere where someone suggested to vote for the funniest, naughtiest, etc. MFCer, that's what i had in mind when thinking of this.

PDF (Adobe Acrobat)

pro: can be sent via e-mail as one file, no website needed, freedom in layout, can easily be printed, can be saved as a file

contra: can't add links to click on (i think? does anyone know?), no easy updates

you CAN insert links on pdf! for the e-fanzine i made i added the links to the hottest thread on the forum!:wink2:

may i help you? i love this idea!