And now ladies and gentlemen, Mr PATRICK WOLF !!

Yoppappop

• Replies 613
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

259985.jpg

:punk: :punk: Wow! That's definitely a good one!!! :punk: :punk:

How long does Patsy actually need for his make-up? :naughty:

And are there any news on the new album so far? (Apart from what he posts on his MySpace) And a tour? And.. aaahh!!!! PATRICK!!! MIKA!!! Please- one of you just HAS to release something in the NEAR future!!!

:punk: :punk: Wow! That's definitely a good one!!! :punk: :punk:

How long does Patsy actually need for his make-up? :naughty:

And are there any news on the new album so far? (Apart from what he posts on his MySpace) And a tour? And.. aaahh!!!! PATRICK!!! MIKA!!! Please- one of you just HAS to release something in the NEAR future!!!

Yes pleas!!!!! PW has to realise his new album soon, I can’t wait!!!!:wub2: I just looooove the song he put on his myspace. Underworld :blush-anim-cl:

• 5 weeks later...

1695a020cdcb36b32xo1.jpg1a3933d27fe3f5218wc1.jpg

Oakie Doke found this article - not sure if it's new but anyway. :thumb_yello:

patrickwolfqq0.jpg

He was VERY gay. But also VERY VERY VERY good. Lots of craziness at his concert and lots of energy. Check out the video below…

We got there at 8:00 and he didn’t go on till 10:30. The place was so hot, but I had a ton of fun! Well worth going.

He also kept taking clothes off throughout the concert! Very yummy. There was some crazy french man standing in front of us.

Anyways, towards the end he threw out a cape thing into the audience and boys went CRAZY! Like 10-15 people ON THE FLOOR fighting over it. In the end we saw three of them standing at the bar with it still wrapped in their fists having the bar tender cut it into pieces for them all!

If he’s ever in your area, I highly suggest going to check it out!

(not sure why he writes "He was gay BUT he was good." :blink:)

Am I the only lonely one that didnt know that Patrick's real name is Patrick Apps?

(http://www.smh.com.au/news/music/sings-lycan-angel/2007/11/02/1193619119430.html)

And it's freaking me out that he realy said he wouldnt do any more gigs this year _:blowup:. Is that true or is that just one of these "I'll retire next year"- news? :sneaky2:

• 2 weeks later...

Ah, I didn't know that Paddy has his own thread.

So, what can I say other than that he's a genius? If I had to compare him to anyone I'd say that he's like Rufus Wainwright and Bjork rolled into one. At first the only song of his that I had heard was The Magic Position and while it's a really fun track it didn't draw me in. Eventually I listened to the rest of the album and quickly fell in love with Overture, Augustine and Bluebells which are all beautiful soundscapes. The Wind In The Wires and Lycanthropy albums, though, were what really sealed the deal for me. The Libertine and Tristan are dark and addictive, the Wind In The Wires title track is simply gorgeous, To The Lighthouse and This Weather are quite hypnotising, London is what a morphine drip would probably sound like if it were a song, songs like The Railwayhouse and Wolf Song are really simple yet very effective, and his synth-based tracks like Bloodbeat, Paris and Accident & Emergency are very creative. The Childcatcher gets a special mention as the creepiest song I have ever heard, he really did an excellent job of it.

As a person he comes off as a bit pretentious and should probably learn to think before he talks. But he also channels that sort of slight recklessness into his performances and it works really well onstage, he's an excellent showman. What I like most about him, though, aside from his quirky sense of style is that in his music he uses varied and unusual sounds. It's refreshing to hear on a popular record instruments like violin, viola, ukele, harp, organ, harpsichord as well as the whole host of other instruments that he plays and even animal sounds that are also sampled occasionally. It makes for a nice break from the same old guitar to be honest.

I'm looking forward to hearing his next album. The first two were very inwardly focused, the third one was more outwardly-focused exploring relationships, and the fourth supposedly will be "political" (that's what I read on Wiki a while ago anyway)? Sonically it could go in any direction, he's already demonstrated that he can handle a variety of different genres: alternative, folk, classical, electro, pop. There are a couple of videos on YouTube of new tracks but so far my favourites are Blackbird and Barghest, they'll be brilliant when recorded. Hopefully they're a good sign that the next album will be just as good as the previous ones.

If I have time later I'll come back and post some links to some of my other favourite vids and pics.

• 1 month later...
These should be nine songs from the performance in the Tate Gallery ("should" because I'm still downloading):

http://www.mediafire.com/?njj1imfwmxn

If this doesn't work, try this here:

http://community.livejournal.com/patrickwolf/541211.html

Thanks for the link.

There are some photos from that performance:

patrick wolf

patrick wolf

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2110/2524468458_48f93b8c57.jpg

patrick wolf

He looks smart.

What a performance *faints* :stretcher:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=_D8ue7avUM8

I love Overture, it's one of my favourites. The ending of that particular performance is beautiful.

• 2 weeks later...
I don't know what that Secret Garden is supposed to be (mhaha! :ap_rosetinted: ), but I really like all the other songs in his profile! :wub2:

:roftl: um..he has a few instrumental tracks or should i say, noise on his albums..they only last for about a few seconds though..

i love 'enchanted'!