And now ladies and gentlemen, Mr PATRICK WOLF !!

Yoppappop

he has a new song on his myspace :biggrin2:

'careless talk' for the movie which stars keira knightley & sienna miller 'the edge of love'

it is quite different from his usual songs.

I like it, it's lovely. He's a very versatile artist. :thumb_yello:

Ooh, Hounds of Love by Kate Bush. :wub2: The audience members who screamed out "no that's not true" and "you're my favoutite bit" are idiots. :naughty:

2576574306_70930790c9.jpg?v=0

Beautiful. :original:

• Replies 613
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 5 months later...

His next album "Battle" is close to completion. :punk: He talks about it here in his video diary: http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=mWMbN-xv4G8

He mentions a site called Bandstocks which he is using to fund the release of his next album where you can buy stocks and become a co-owner of sorts of the album. :thumb_yello:

On the site there's a 7 minute sampler of the next album: http://www.bandstocks.com/Project.htm?ProjectId=510 Tilda Swinton will feature in several of the tracks. So far it sounds promising. I'm excited! :cheerful_h4h:

We've been reading the forum, and the comments and messages posted here, and we're working on solutions to the two most common queries: namely, is it not possible for people outside the UK to buy stocks? And how do we buy them as gifts for people?

Well, we have found solutions to both and will be making announcements here over the next few days, as well as giving you a few more details about the special privileges that will be made available to Battlestock holders.

I wonder what the 'special privileges' will be. I'm glad, though, that they've found a way for non-UK people to buy stocks, it would blow if he couldn't get enough funding just 'cause of that.

• 3 weeks later...
I like the blonde look he's been sporting recently. Like the Lycanthropy days. :bleh:

No no no.. He should totally go back to red. I mean, it's like his face and hair just blends together. Like a big blop of skin. Not nice.

No no no.. He should totally go back to red. I mean, it's like his face and hair just blends together. Like a big blop of skin. Not nice.

Touche! He looks best with his natural colour like he did with Wind In The Wires. The red just looked... too bright, it made him look like he's out of a circus or something. :bleh:

Touche! He looks best with his natural colour like he did with Wind In The Wires. The red just looked... too bright, it made him look like he's out of a circus or something. :bleh:

He was such an emo back in the Wind in the Wires days!

Circus > Emo

melikes red...

one of VanityFair Photos of The Year....

32560008eabb587f746c9e86dee4fdeaaee6a48.jpg

That is an absolutely gorgeous picture! Never seen it before. I hope we all know that there is also like a two-page article with pictures of P.Wolf in the edition of OUT magazine with Mika on the cover! Those pictures are amazing too.

BTW, i think i'm gonna have to go with the red hair. I like the blonde though because it makes him look so innocent.

So what is the story with the stocks? Can they be purchased yet?

Sorry I meant buy from outside the UK. Looks like you have to be resident to buy stocks from the site, but they were working on an alternative?

From the FAQ section of his forum:

"Non-UK residents cannot invest at this time - however, the official word from Bandstocks is that you can buy stocks if you enter your country of residence as UK when you sign up, OR, if you can wait a little longer, they are about to introduce a special fanclub membership for Patrick where he will buy the bandstock on your behalf. Stay tuned for word on this."

Also, Bandstocks have now set up a gift system where someone can buy stocks and gift them to someone else.

• 4 weeks later...

Patrick Wolf announces UK live dates: March 2009

Today at 11:43With his forthcoming album ‘Battle’ recorded and ready for release later this year, Patrick Wolf is heading out for a handful of dates in March where he will preview new tracks along with past classics. A full UK tour will follow in May.

“After taking a break from touring last year, I am excited to be back onstage to perform my new album, ‘Battle’. While recording throughout 2008 I did a few unadvertised personal shows that helped me remember my passion for performance after 13 years of curtain calls and spotlights. The tour is starting in England and will see me and my band revisit Russia, Japan, Australia and the USA over a period of two years. I'm so very excited to get back on the open road and onstage where I belong. These dates are just the first few warm ups to what will be a long and wonderful journey. I am planning to present a whole new bigger production and vision to what I have delivered in the past... So be prepared for many surprises and new arrangements of the best from the last three albums... See you there... Back to rehearsals now...” Patrick Wolf.

As announced at the end of last year, ‘Battle’ is being released through Patrick’s own label, Bloody Chamber Music, and funded via Bandstocks.com, the revolutionary funding vehicle that allows fans, indeed anyone, to take a stake in an album’s success through buying stocks at £10 a time. The album will feature award winning actress, Tilda Swinton, as the narrative ‘voice of hope’.

In line with the multitude of exclusive benefits that buyers of Bandstocks receive in return; from 9am Wednesday 28th January for one week Bandstock applicants will be able to purchase tickets exclusively prior to them going on sale to the general public. Bandstocksholders information will be held in the ticket buy system, in addition they will have received a password allowing them to purchase a maximum of 2 tickets.

To become a Bandstocks holder and take advantage of the tour pre-sale, please visit http://www.bandstocks.com . All new bandstocks applicants will receive a password will have their names logged into the ticketbuy system within 24hours of applying.

Dates:

Sun 8-Mar Colchester, Arts Centre

Mon 9-Mar Gloucester, Guildhall

Tues 10-Mar Cambridge, Junction

Thurs 12-Mar London, Heaven

I bought some a few weeks ago.

Oh and I prefer the blonde to the red :wink2:

the lady is served :kaf:

http://www.contactmusic.com/pictures/patrick_wolf/1-1

article from winter 2008

Interview by Amie Morris

Patrick Wolf has to go down as one of the most talented musicians of his generation. Capable of playing a huge range of instruments, and the ability to combine them with beautiful heartfelt lyrics, Wolf is a young, eccentric musician with the world at his feet. With this in mind you would have thought we'd catch Wolf hard at work, locked away learning another instrument. Nope.... we caught up with Patrick while he was Christmas shopping!

Firstly, you are a very talented musician, with the ability to play, and I quote (from wikipedia!) - harp, clavinet, harpsichord, guitar, piano, autoharp, organ, mountain dulcimer, clavichord, harmonium, accordion, theremin, ukulele, viola and violin. Well I haven’t mastered one instrument let alone 15 +! Does mastering a new instrument come very naturally to you?

It’s just something that’s been part of my life, ya know, some people wanted to be astronauts or nurses or whatever, but I was always drawn towards instruments. For the first few years of my life I spent hours banging away, making horrible noises, and as I got older I started to get a little bit more in tune and I just went on from there. My dad is obsessed with instruments, he always collected them. So when I was growing up there were always instruments lying around the house. I think it was passed down genetically! I don’t think I could function without music and art (art was Patrick’s mothers love), no, I couldn’t function without music, art and love.

Sorry, but we couldn’t speak to you without asking you about your greatest one liner to date – ‘Mika is a Twat’! (harsh but unbelievably fair!) Can you explain to us, what it is that you really meant that day?!

I think it speaks for itself! I had spent the night before supporting him at a concert, and I’d spent like 4 years on the road having refused to support anyone else, so I was very used to my fan base. It almost felt like going back to square one, cos I was the supporting artist. It almost feels like it’s an ego trip for the person that you’re supporting. The problem is I was forced to do the gig by my record label. So I was doing it through gritted teeth. So I just went out there and did it, it didn’t feel right and I just set off all the wrong chemistry in me. Unfortunately I had a laptop and access to the internet, so I just wrote it. The next morning it was international news that I thought Mika was a twat!

Your previous albums had so many differences in their conception, it seemed that the music press were unable to pigeon-hole you into a specific genre. Was that the intention?

I remember when I was 19, I was asked by the distribution company, who were in the process of putting my album in HMV, “what section do you want to be in?” cos’ obviously they have ‘Rock and Pop’, ‘Electro’, Dance etc, and I was like I don’t wanna be in any of those things! I want people to be able to make their own mind up about what it is! I don’t like this feeling of being labelled.

Do you think the fact that the music press have been unable to pigeon-hole you has led to a lack of more ‘mainstream’ success?

It has made it harder to have a stable career. But I never really wanted a career in music. I wanted a life in music. But to make sure I had money for food, and to be able to put a roof over my head, I’ve had to work much harder. Touring probably three times as much as I would have had to if I had turned myself into a product and stuck to a genre. I’m sure that would have made many other people happy, ya know, the people who want to make money out of me, but I wouldn’t have been happy.

So we hear your next album ‘Battle’ is to be a double album with 2 very distinct sides. Can you explain to us what we can expect from the 2 sides of the album?

The first side is about being a bachelor or bachelorette, and being very alone, you know that thing where you're single but twenty of your friends are all in couples, and everyone’s like “Oh don’t worry you’ll find love soon”, and you're like gritting your teeth going “I ****ing hate you!”. It’s about the times when you really detest love and detest Valentines Day, and instead of going out and buying a Valentines card you go out and buy a bottle of gin instead. It’s about the times when you’re not in love, but you have a lot of love inside you. And the second side is about when you actually find that love you have been searching for.

Did the 2 distinct sides of the album inspire the name ‘Battle’? Or is that a reference to something else?

Yeah for sure. But it’s also a battle in terms of sexuality as well. I think the world is becoming a little bit more conservative, misogynistic and homophobic at the same time. But I don’t think we’re realising this is happening. In the best way that I can, I’m trying to wake some people up and show them that this is happening. I don’t think anyone wants to talk about these things. Everyone just wants to make a lot of money, get a big house and watch ‘X Factor’. So I just want to talk about these subjects, for example in Iran, if you kiss a boy you get hung, if a woman cheats on her man in an Arab country she can be stoned to death. I just want to say something.

We read recently in the NME that you are planning to sell shares of “Battle” on Bandstock.com for £10 a pop. Why have you decided to go down that route?

Well it’s like I said before, a lot of people in the music industry say things like “Oh that boy (Wolf himself) is insane, he’s not family friendly, he’s not conservative etc, so we can’t invest our money in these uncertain times in someone like him!” So I was like “Ya know what I’m going to go all pirate ship here, **** the music industry, lets go back to the streets.” I think it’s a really basic way of doing it. I could easy go and get a record deal to make it, but I’d have to have all these board meetings about what the art should be, who mixes it, what the track listing should be, who masters it, etc. Lets just get it out there to the people, I don’t wanna pay for someone else’s mortgage and health insurance, I wanna pay my own mortgage!

Do you think that this is the future of the music industry, i.e. screw the big wigs at the top, lets get music back to basics and back to the people?

Yeah! I always think about busking. When I was busking, you go out and you have a song, if it’s not good you don’t get any money. But if it’s a good song you get people liking it and they give you money. But then someone comes along and takes it all away. That’s where the music industry is at. I think everyone should stick independent. Especially because I think we’re going to see a very big change in the music industry in the next 5 years or so. I think we’ll see a flip side. All the major labels will lose their power, and the power will go back to the people. Where it belongs.

Another good reason to invest in Bandstocks. :thumb_yello:

If you're in the UK, that is. :rolls_eyes:

yup :boxed:

People outside of the UK can now invest in Bandstocks of Patrick's new album. As soon as pay day comes I'm going to buy some. :groovy:

As promised Team Wolf has been working hard behind the scenes to make sure that Non UK residents can join the Battle, we very happy to announce the launch of Tribe Wolf InterNational (TWIN)

patrickwolf.com/tribewolfinternational

Non UK-residents can now join the Battle by becoming members of Tribe Wolf InterNational (TWIN). For each £10 paid to TWIN, TWIN will buy one ‘Bandstock’ in Patrick Wolf’s forthcoming album, ‘Battle’. The money invested will then be used to fund the recording and marketing of the album and in return, each shareholder will receive a variety of privileges. These will include the opportunity to attend TWIN-only special events, to buy limited edition singles, and be offered concert tickets before they go on general sale.

All TWIN members will get (for each £10):

* a digital copy of the album, available to download on the day of release,

* an offer to buy a specially packaged edition of the album signed by Patrick Wolf,

* a name credit on the Bandstocks website, the special editions and the first manufacturing run of the regular CD,

* offers of special merchandise, and

* depending on where you live we will try to invite you to special events and give you the opportunity to buy concert tickets before they go on general sale.

TWIN will also return to its members collectively any profits which TWIN earns from its investment in Bandstocks after deducting the reasonable costs of running TWIN and providing member benefits. This will be distributed to members pro rata based on the amount they have paid for their membership (e.g a member spending £20 will get twice as much as a member spending £10).

TWIN is a not for profit organisation created by and officially endorsed by Patrick Wolf and run by his own team.

About the upcoming performances:

Patrick has just announced the 1st bandstocks only event, an evening with Patrick, which will take place next week in London.

A handful of UK dates have been announced and Bandstocks applicants have an exclusive weeks window to purchase the tickets before they go on sale to the general public.

We are now putting together an international release plan for the album and can assure you that Patrick will be travelling the globe in 2009 ? as plans come together we will be announcing similar international Bandstocks applicants exclusive Patrick goings on.

:yay:

• 2 weeks later...
KK have you watched the blog yet?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gyvk_H3PP7E&feature=channel_page

This is what we are all preoccupied about. :naughty:

whispers : I absolutely loooove the new whine-free rain! however, imho, twill sound another 30 percent better with some diferent lead vocals...= not M's.....:blush-anim-cl:

He is a wonderful composer, and the new arrangement is genious (thumbs up both M and Greg)...but, I dont know why, I keep liking the vocal parts less and less....