UPDATE: TOP 50 Singles & Albums of 2007 - Mika 1st & 3rd.

Showtunes17

Mika is still holding off Rihanna but she may top him soon :thumbdown: .

She is still selling quite abit with umbrella obviously! Currently 22,000 every week compared to Grace Kelly's 4000 a week.

Top 50 SINGLES of 2007

1 1 Mika Grace Kelly 455468

2 2 Rihanna feat Jay Z Umbrella 354350:sneaky2:

3 3 Proclaimers ft Brian Potter and Andy Pipkin (I'm gonna be) 500 miles 330000

4 4 Kaiser Chiefs Ruby 277815

5 5 The Fray How to save a life 268120

6 7 Beyonce & Shakira Beautiful liar 265954

7 6 Gwen Stefani/Akon Sweet escape 262340

8 8 Avril Lavigne Girlfriend 225625

9 9 Take That Shine 215995

10 10 Just Jack Starz in their eyez 209595

----------------------------------------------

Top 50 Albums of 2007

He has reached 600,000 + copies :shocked::biggrin2:

1 Back to Black – Amy Winehouse 811,000

2 Beautiful World – Take That 622,000

3 Life in Cartoon Motion - Mika 611,000

4 Favourite Worst Nightmare - Arctic Monkeys 503,000

5 Yours Truly Angry Mob - Kaiser Chiefs 485,000

6 Loose - Nelly Furtado 420,000

7 Eyes Open - Snow Patrol 404,000

8 Every Time we Touch - Cascada 365,000

9 Futuresex / Lovesounds – Justin Timberlake 334,000

10 Undiscovered - James Morrison 327,300

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ooh thanks! I actually thought Rihanna would already have surpassed Mika, so this has made me happy - I hope he holds her off; we need a few weeks of dry weather and sun now so that these people (WHO are they? People who enjoy rain?:boxed::thumbdown: ) stop buying Umbrella.

These charts do not include this week' sales!

So Rihanna is getting closer on the single charts but on the album charts, Mika may have sold more than Take That now ;)

Correct. :biggrin2:

I will update later though. Waiting for the rest of the sales from the chart.

I hate Rihanna's Umbrella.....it's such a boring song!!!!!:thumbdown:

I dunno how people love it:boxed: she's always repeting the same thing....eh eh...oh oh...:blink: great lyrics....

I think, well I hope, people will be fed up with this one very soon...

I guess that LICM would be the best selling album both, at least, in UK & France!!

I dunno how people love it:boxed: she's always repeting the same thing....eh eh...oh oh...:blink: great lyrics....

I guess that LICM would be the best selling album both, at least, in UK & France!!

Well I guess it will be in France but beating Amy in the UK will be very very hard! But Amy's album was released in Oct 2006 so sales should fall a bit some week soon though there's another single coming out!

I'm surprised it's so popular in the UK too. They're always mocking it on Capital FM asking why anyone would write a song about a brolly. And I've rarely noticed them making negative comments towards the songs on their playlist. They are very supportive of Mika and I've never heard any of the DJs dis him the way some people in the industry do.

GOOD! GO MIKA GO!!!! *watches mika's skinny legs race a running race, whipping round and round, his arms flailing in the air, rihanna running closely behind him her fingers running through her hair and applying makeup up, take that behind her the four boys fighting amongst each other trying to get first place*

haha :) i love my imagination :biggrin2:

GOOD! GO MIKA GO!!!! *watches mika's skinny legs race a running race, whipping round and round, his arms flailing in the air, rihanna running closely behind him her fingers running through her hair and applying makeup up, take that behind her the four boys fighting amongst each other trying to get first place*

haha :) i love my imagination :biggrin2:

:roftl: caz, your imagination is.. amazing :fisch:

but Rihanna throws her umbrella in Mika's back... suddenly some big girls (who don't cry ;)) arrive rolling and BAM STRIKE ... no Take That left... Rihanna thinks she is gonna finish first but she slips on a lollipop left by Mika and Avril Lavigne arrives first asking where they're gone ...

Not a happy ending ...

but Rihanna throws her umbrella in Mika's back... suddenly some big girls (who don't cry ;)) arrive rolling and BAM STRIKE ... no Take That left... Rihanna thinks she is gonna finish first but she slips on a lollipop left by Mika and Avril Lavigne arrives first asking where they're gone ...

Not a happy ending ...

ROFL i just had an image of Big Girls rolypoling on the floor like bowling balls and hitting take that like skittles :roftl: :roftl:

YAY!! I hate Rihanna and her umbrella song. It's soooooo annoying! My friend loves it' date=' I don't see why she loves it so much. IT'S IRRATATING!!![/quote']

I also find the 'Umbrella' song by Rihanna awful, but I must admit that I find that she has a great voice, and I loved her 'Unfaithful' song from last summer or so...

She obviously has the talent but I believe the song is poor... My opinion :sneaky2: