Not in Bryant Park Anymore!!!!!!!!!!!!!

kjoshi

I'm not a mod, but I checked prices for last minute flights - it was $2000!!

From Toronto! It was $1000 yesterday, $500 last week and $270 two weeks ago! Yikes! I love MIKA, but....well, my husband would divorce me!

i wanted to go to :(

if i knew mika wont come this september i would have bought the flight tix... :(

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just so you all know... I have asked Mika's management to post any updates on this thread. I don't know if they will be able to, but fingers crossed.

There is nothing more I can do. With luck, Freddie will be online in 6-7 hours. But I don't know for certain.

PS: I have made it sticky, so you don't need to bump it.

Just so you all know... I have asked Mika's management to post any updates on this thread. I don't know if they will be able to, but fingers crossed.

There is nothing more I can do. With luck, Freddie will be online in 6-7 hours. But I don't know for certain.

You and Freddie have put in a brilliant effort trying to benefit MFC members. Sounds like Mika's management is doing the best they can too.

Maybe if some of the VIPs can't get into the studio Mika will be able to spend a bit of time with them afterwards. Hopefully he doesn't have any other media scheduled right away.

i wanted to go to :(

if i knew mika wont come this september i would have bought the flight tix... :(

Sivan...believe me, i know...I originally planned to go to New York for this (my cousing lives in Manhattan too) But then when he booked Quebec and Canadian Idol, I cancelled New York plans. But then MIKA cancelled both Quebec and Idol!

I have the worst luck. :thumbdown:

Many are travelling right now as we speak and will not likely know the venue has changed until they arrive....hope they give themselves plenty of time so when they see a sign posted for 'change of venue', they can still manage to get to the studio early enough to be in the audience.

Wonder if any of you know (personally) those who are going and can text or phone them on their mobile/cell phones....those few extra minutes saved just might make the difference

quick but urgent question... are any of the MFC mods going to this event?

I see that it is sorta pointless now... but sadly no... I will be taping GMA (well, the 1 1/2 hrs we get in Australia anyway!)

Sivan...believe me, i know...I originally planned to go to New York for this (my cousing lives in Manhattan too) But then when he booked Quebec and Canadian Idol, I cancelled New York plans. But then MIKA cancelled both Quebec and Idol!

OMG!!! HE CANCELLED IDOL?! WHY? How did I not know this? (:shocked:)

yeah sucky.... well i hope mika come back next year... ill wait for him :)

Um, now I actually can't go.

So have fun people.

--Jack

But why? (asked you on the other thread too)

I see that it is sorta pointless now... but sadly no... I will be taping GMA (well, the 1 1/2 hrs we get in Australia anyway!)

OMG!!! HE CANCELLED IDOL?! WHY? How did I not know this? (:shocked:)

I know...bummer. You can find the news here:

http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6780&page=8

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/SummerConcert/story?id=3455528&page=1

Because of severe expected tonight and tomorrown, Mika will no longer perform in Bryant Park. Instead the concert will take place at Good America's Time Square Studio at 43rd str and 7th ave in Manhattan

Note from Deano:

Hi all.

I just got this urgent update from Mika's management:

URGENT NEWS --

Due to heavy rain scheduled for tomorrow's Mika concert, the concert will no longer take place in Bryant Park. Instead, Mika will perform in GMA's Times Square Studio. (Broadway and 44th)

There will be a studio audience but it will be significantly smaller (about 100 people). Please let the guests you put on the VIP list know that tomorrow's VIP list will be on a first come, first serve basis. They should arrive by 6:00am and should lineup on 44th street and Broadway. Should they arrive any later, we may not be able to accommodate them.

AND -- please let them know that due to this I don't know if I can give out the t-shirts there. BUT -- if you can get addresses, I can mail each and every one of them a t-shirt. The very least I could do in these circumstances.

Thanks for all the help and understanding.

First, I would like to thank every single person who took their time to provided us with this information and making sure that MFCers are getting the best. I know it sucks. My train leaves at 4:30Am. Right now I am just thinking about other ways to get there earlier. I hope I get in but at this point I am just going to try my best. Good luck everyone.

quick but urgent question... are any of the MFC mods going to this event?

As tootch said, I'm the closest, but I can't make it -- I'm leaving

with my family tomorrow for our holiday at the beach. :(

Wish I could be there... wish I could help out somehow...

Hope it works out for as many MFC'ers as possible, despite the weather's

interference!

dcdeb

I've been counting on going to this since I June when I wasn't able to go to the last Mika concert in NY. I was planning on being there uber early and everything, but I haven't a clue what this VIP list is. Could someone explain? Is it completely pointless for me to try and get online to be in the studio if I'm not on the list even if I'm one of the first hundred people there?? :emot-sad:

I've never seen Mika live before and I really don't want my lollipop costume to go to waste!