• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Hey!

Can somebody help me here?

For school we need to go on an international travel and we choose for Ireland (Dublin), but we need to find organisations/businesses who word with activation of young people, for example FAS...

If somebody knows something, PLEASE reply!

Thank you!!!

• 3 months later...
I'm not really Irish, but I'm an Irish dancer. Irish stuff and Irish people are amazing! I went to Ireland last summer an I absolutely loved it. I can't wait to go back! I've been in love with Irish music since I was 11. It's fantastic :)

Hi:bye:

There are not many Irish people on the forum, so I got a bit excited when I saw someone had posted in this thread.

Glad you enjoyed your time in Ireland, where did you go?

I'm not really Irish, but I'm an Irish dancer. Irish stuff and Irish people are amazing! I went to Ireland last summer an I absolutely loved it. I can't wait to go back! I've been in love with Irish music since I was 11. It's fantastic :)

haha don't worry about it,

i randomly burst into this thread (well i havent in a while O.o) and just act as the girl who pretends she is from ireland, when i just dream it >.<

haha don't worry about it,

i randomly burst into this thread (well i havent in a while O.o) and just act as the girl who pretends she is from ireland, when i just dream it >.<

Hello:bye:

It would be nice to see you randomly burst in more often.

Hi:bye:

There are not many Irish people on the forum, so I got a bit excited when I saw someone had posted in this thread.

Glad you enjoyed your time in Ireland, where did you go?

I went to Dublin, Limerick, Cahersiveen, and Belfast. It was so much fun. Easily my favorite country I've ever been to :D

That was a lot of travel. Can I ask why you have such an interest in Ireland?

I guess it started when I started listening to Irish music when I was about 11 or 12. I started with Celtic Woman and The High Kings, and then I saw Riverdance and became interested in Irish dancing, which I started when I was 15. It was just one thing leading to another. I eventually became interested in everything relating to Ireland.

I guess it started when I started listening to Irish music when I was about 11 or 12. I started with Celtic Woman and The High Kings, and then I saw Riverdance and became interested in Irish dancing, which I started when I was 15. It was just one thing leading to another. I eventually became interested in everything relating to Ireland.

I like the High Kings, they are quite good.

Do you wear a traditional dress for dancing? My niece does a lot of Irish dancing also.

Can you believe I've never seen Riverdance, I think I'm the only Irish person who hasn't.:teehee:

I like the High Kings, they are quite good.

Do you wear a traditional dress for dancing? My niece does a lot of Irish dancing also.

Can you believe I've never seen Riverdance, I think I'm the only Irish person who hasn't.:teehee:

47527_1539191170684_1562040778_31339150_2284853_n.jpg

Here's me in in my dress.

You must see Riverdance someday!! I saw it for the second time about two weeks ago! It's an amazing show, and it never gets old or boring.

47527_1539191170684_1562040778_31339150_2284853_n.jpg

Here's me in in my dress.

You must see Riverdance someday!! I saw it for the second time about two weeks ago! It's an amazing show, and it never gets old or boring.

Very nice, you've got some lift in your step.:wink2: I see you wear your curls also.

Very nice, you've got some lift in your step.:wink2: I see you wear your curls also.

Thank you! Lifting enough is a bit of a struggle for me sometimes, so I like hearing that :) Now I just need to work on my turnout more.

I can't decide if I love the hair or not. I tried curling my own hair, but my hair is stubbornly straight, so it didn't go very well. The wigs are uncomfortable after a while though :(

Thank you! Lifting enough is a bit of a struggle for me sometimes, so I like hearing that :) Now I just need to work on my turnout more.

I can't decide if I love the hair or not. I tried curling my own hair, but my hair is stubbornly straight, so it didn't go very well. The wigs are uncomfortable after a while though :(

My niece doesn't like the wigs either, so just wears her hair straight.

Do you have to wear them, would you lose points if you didn't?

My niece doesn't like the wigs either, so just wears her hair straight.

Do you have to wear them, would you lose points if you didn't?

I don't compete, so points don't matter, but my dance teacher requires them for performances so that we all look alike.

• 8 months later...

hello! :bye:

I don't know why I didn't come here before ... :biggrin2:

I'm not Irish either, but people often tell me I look Irish :teehee:

like Duck here, I'm also an Irish dancer, but I don't belong to a traditional school of Irish dancing, so we don't wear wigs, nor tiaras nor dresses...

:wink2:

Oh it's so quiet in here now. I have discovered (relatively) recently that I am 30% Irish, which is a bit of a surprise. :naughty: I have been trying to find out more about where my family came from but it's very difficult. :aah:

It can be quite difficult to trace your family roots in Ireland as a lot of records were destroyed in the civil war in the 1920s.

It can be quite difficult to trace your family roots in Ireland as a lot of records were destroyed in the civil war in the 1920s.

Yes :sad:

I also don't have much indication of where they are from because I'm just going by Canadian census records that shows a birthplace of "Ireland". Some have listed their religion as Church of Scotland or Wesleyan Presbyterian so I am guessing they were Ulster Scots? :dunno: Others are Roman Catholic though so I suppose they could have come from anywhere.

Anyway it has been interesting for me because I thought I was likely 100% English descent but there are a lot of Irish and Scots in there. :biggrin2: I have been fascinated by Ireland for 20 years and finally got to go in 2010. I need to go back when it's not winter and there are no Mika gigs though. :aah:

• 4 months later...