The appleman can!!! - The official SEQUEL!

Kata

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

No, I totally understand what you're saying and I am incredibly impressed with the way so many non-native English speakers can communicate here. The only other language I have had real exposure to is French and I can barely string a sentence together, muchless participate in the kind of conversations that go on at MFC.

I think one of the reasons I shy away from that kind of thing myself is because I'm so comfortable with English and it's so complex and constantly evolving. I can see struggles even between native English speakers on MFC because it's hard for the Brits to keep up with American slang and vice versa even with the internet and television. Mastering English is a neverending task even for English speakers and I could never be that competent in another language.

I appreciate subtle word play but I feel bad if people don't quite get the meaning because of language issues. I can see that it's usually no reflection of anyone's sense of humour. Just something getting slightly lost in the translation.

When you live in a small country as I do it’s important for your general knowledge to learn English, so most Swedish people do.

Right now the Swedish is very much influenced by the English as well.

Higher education as for example psychology and pedagogy in my case, are hold partly in English.

But I have to tell you when I joined this forum; I had difficulties to understand the contemporary and informal language.:blush-anim-cl:

I’m happy to say I got a lot of encouragement of the people on board and I’m not shy, if I don’t understand something that I really want to understand I quite frankly ask.

And every time I have got nice answers, so this is a kind and fine place imo!:thumb_yello:

That's because I'm a self-confessed perfectionist. If I see something wrong I go back and edit it even if it's days later, that's why half of my posts say "edited" at the bottom. :blush-anim-cl:

Now when I do know someone else does it too for sure, Im tempted to let it go and edit everything I've wanted to but not bothered. Then again I don't care what other people do, I live my own life, walk my own path.

I am also a perfectionist but I have this bizarre aversion to seeing "edited" under my posts. To me that makes the post more flawed than a couple of errors displayed within.

Fortunately this forum has a grace period of a minute or two so I can catch some of them before the post is defaced with the dreaded "edited" stamp.

Bless the after-posting-period of a minute, curse the no-life bitch who comes and quotes your whole pre-edited post and adds a stupid smiley face with a one line comment of whatever.

I actually printed them out and brought them with me to my summerhouse because it took me some time to read and understand everything, but it was interesting and absolutely worth the effort!:thumb_yello:

I find that so sweet thing to do. I take time to read long posts too - not always.

But I have to tell you when I joined this forum; I had difficulties to understand the contemporary and informal language.:blush-anim-cl:

Early days - Took me couple of days to realise it was "chin wagging", like your mouth with the chin, wagging. :naughty:

I won't tell you more.

You were a bitch for doing that, albeit a funny one. :naughty:

They think they're being clever so they get put in the same circle in hell as self-lovers. :mf_rosetinted:

:roftl: I've been burned the same as Satu. There's always someone riding your ass ready to quote you within 30 seconds.

I walked into the room where Mika performed his concert and thought to myself, not only is this man gay, but he's not even in the closet. Short of taking an ad out in the New York Times, I wondered what else he could possibly do to make it obvious to even the most casual observer.

I think people are confusing Mika's reluctance to give a definitive answer to total strangers on the question of his sexuality as an attempt to hide in the closet. If Mika was gay and wanted to cover up that fact to gain popularity in the United States, he would do a far, far better job of it than hiring drag queens to hand out lollipops at his show, serenading songs about gay men to his male guitarist and appearing on covers of numerous gay mags.

Mika is a lot cleverer than that and I believe he has other motives for keeping people guessing.

how come I have overlooked this gem..? :mf_rosetinted:

*bows to the author of this post, first post or not* :mf_rosetinted:

That post set off a chain of events that ended with Mika turning his keyboard around in Copenhagen to quell the rumours that he was flirting with Martin. :naughty:

I almost thought for a minute there that Mika might come in here to play with us once in awhile. It seems absurd now but the board was a little tamer in those days and his career barely off the ground.

there's no doubt he read forum back then, and still does, maybe not directly, but he gets reported, that's sure. I always took he actually is more challenged by what's written here than worried.

he often played along with a few hints that came from the forum and I agree he does lurk, but I seriously doubt he posts, even if every so often, even taking the trouble to create a fake identity. I cannot see him having fun in doing such thing, simply cause I think he'd find it pointless.

I agree he does lurk, but I seriously doubt he posts, even if every so often, even taking the trouble to create a fake identity. I cannot see him having fun in doing such thing, simply cause I think he'd find it pointless.

No I don't think he posts either because I don't think he would use a fake identity. He posted as himself on Mikasounds and probably decided early on it wasn't a good idea to participate in forums where he was the main topic.

I'm actually amazed he read it for so long. I would think you'd need nerves of steel for that even though posters are generally positive.

Yeh okay so I freaked a bit last night :blink: Not gonna take anything back though, I don't like that "person", but I'll put "him" on ignore and try to forget "he" was ever in the thread :boxed:

Yeh okay so I freaked a bit last night :blink: Not gonna take anything back though, I don't like that "person", but I'll put "him" on ignore and try to forget "he" was ever in the thread :boxed:

I love all my apple freaks and b!tches... you make the lurking and posting on here quite entertaining and rewarding. :wub2:

'Cept of course, it attracts all other kinds of stanger freaks. Which is not necessarily a bad thing - just try not to get on Kata's bad side. I remember doing that once-upon-a-time...but I won her love later on...:naughty:

. Which is not necessarily a bad thing - just try not to get on Kata's bad side. I remember doing that once-upon-a-time...but I won her love later on...:naughty:

Details!! I want details!!:punk:

And Kata doesn't fool me :sneaky2: -After meeting her, it was quite clear that all that bad-ass thing is just image and, as much as she tries to hide it, she's sweet as a pie:naughty:

Oh you don't have to take it back. :naughty:

I just wanted everyone to know that I asked MuchoMacho to check out the thread so there was nothing nefarious behind his sudden appearance here.

I actually noticed Suzy making some veiled reference to that in one of the old threads we were pulling up last night.

As you know people tend to flip out when you walk into a thread and announce that Mika is gay, so that generated all sorts of "I don't care" type sentiments. Kata came in and started freaking out too, but she was being sarcastic since as we found out later she is definitely not a member of the I Don't Care brigade. :roftl:

Suzy PMed me and apologized for getting us in trouble, but I told her not to worry about it because I love stirring up the sh*t. :naughty: Not that I say things just to set everyone off, but if they can't handle honest opinions, that's their problem, not mine.

Anyway Suzy and I didn't really know what was going on because talk of Mika's sexuality was so taboo it was difficult to have a discussion about it that didn't resort to overreactions and heavy sarcasm.

oh, I'm not gonna bring in the I don't care thing cause I'd rather enjoy the quiet. and I'm not hiding the head under the sand :wink2: but I did support it in the beginning, till it very quickly turned for MANY, though not ALL, I must say, into I don't care even if.. :sneaky2: that even made all the difference.. :mf_rosetinted::thumbdown:

oh, I'm not gonna bring in the I don't care thing cause I'd rather enjoy the quiet. and I'm not hiding the head under the sand :wink2: but I did support it in the beginning, till it very quickly turned for MANY, though not ALL, I must say, into I don't care even if.. :sneaky2: that even made all the difference.. :mf_rosetinted::thumbdown:

I think if anyone truly doesn't care then they shouldn't feel the need to participate in discussions about it. That's what not caring means. Not caring doesn't mean jumping all over people who express a different opinion.

As I mentioned the other day I am over the Mika's sexuality issue. People can think he's gay, they can think he's straight, they can insist that they don't care when they so obviously do. I really don't care so I probably won't be talking about it again unless I see newbies being abused and insulted for no reason.

I think if anyone truly doesn't care then they shouldn't feel the need to participate in discussions about it. That's what not caring means. Not caring doesn't mean jumping all over people who express a different opinion.

As I mentioned the other day I am over the Mika's sexuality issue.

Yeah...that's so 2007. :naughty:

As I mentioned the other day I am over the Mika's sexuality issue. People can think he's gay, they can think he's straight, they can insist that they don't care when they so obviously do. I really don't care so I probably won't be talking about it again unless I see newbies being abused and insulted for no reason.

most of all, it's the pink elephant think. it's what i told mr M all the time.. :mf_rosetinted:

Yeah...that's so 2007. :naughty:

hehehehehehehe how cool is that... :punk: even cooler than :mf_rosetinted:

you're not on msn anymore...? :shocked: horror... :shocked:

how does this IM work? is it easy? :blink:

IM stands for 'Instant Messaging" and it's another type of msn/aim/etc.

i had a virus i couldn't get rid of until i reboot my pc... and i'm not ready for it... so until then, i'm not logging into msn cause it sends the virus to all my contacts (sending messages about a picture and an attachment...) so anyone you've seen online with my name is not me since 1 week or more... :naughty:

you're not kind and fine, bunch of b!tches!!!

Yeah, kind and fine bitches, thank you very much.

I love all my apple freaks and b!tches... you make the lurking and posting on here quite entertaining and rewarding. :wub2:

'Cept of course, it attracts all other kinds of stanger freaks. Which is not necessarily a bad thing - just try not to get on Kata's bad side. I remember doing that once-upon-a-time...but I won her love later on...:naughty:

And Kata doesn't fool me :sneaky2: -After meeting her, it was quite clear that all that bad-ass thing is just image and, as much as she tries to hide it, she's sweet as a pie:

No, believe me, she is scary when in a strop, very scary. :sneaky2:

I had guessed about the IM meaning... :roftl:

I also knew of your virus problem.. :boxed: it was so bad you had to format hardisk..? how unconvenient. :thumbdown:

well, I'l try and d/l that thing :bleh: just deleted yahoo and icq cause I was not using them anyway. :wink2: there's some free space on my pc: this way, pls, there's still room...... :mf_rosetinted: