Happy Ending as a new single...?

Showtunes17

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

In a way Relax is a slower song aswell but i can't help feeling Happy Ending won't go down too well.

It's soo confusing with the different singles he has released in other countries!

i think it will do better than big girl. everyone on mika's myspace prefer happy ending and/or lollipop...so these two are clearly the favourites for the vast majority.

In a way Relax is a slower song aswell but i can't help feeling Happy Ending won't go down too well.

It's soo confusing with the different singles he has released in other countries!

I don't think it's confusing. I think it was a wise decision to have Relax released in Germany and in countries where dance music dominates the charts.

Obviously in the UK they don't want to re-release it because it has already been released. It wasn't a flop, though, just a 'trial' release, perhaps intended for the press / the music business to see what reaction they will get. As far as I remember they were not even prepared to release furhter copies or launch Mika then, as not even the album was available.

For collectors it is pretty easy to get hold of any singles released in other countires, nowadays, so I don't see the point in re-releasing Relax in the UK.

Happy Ending is the perfect choice for the final single: it is different from any current chart songs and sounds ...hmmmmm.....70s... but the whole album does, anyway. MASTERPIECE:thumb_yello:

i think it will do better than big girl. everyone on mika's myspace prefer happy ending and/or lollipop...so these two are clearly the favourites for the vast majority.

Agreed. I never really approved of Big Girl as a single release. And I love Lollipop but think it would be a mistake to release that as a single. It should remain the cult classic that it is:roftl:

Happy Ending, right tune, right time , in my opinion.

Agreed. I never really approved of Big Girl as a single release. And I love Lollipop but think it would be a mistake to release that as a single. It should remain the cult classic that it is:roftl:

Happy Ending, right tune, right time , in my opinion.

i agree with you too. plenty of people love the song lollipop but a lot of people would also call it the most annoying song since grace kelly O.o

when i heard big girl was being released i did think it was a bit weird...though i was happy when it went number 9. i didn't think it would as well as that IMO.

Sorry to post this here but it's just a quick question and I think it can be answered by those who are posting in here... soo, the bonus on the UK release of BG, Instant Martyr, does it sound like the unmentionable demo or was it polished up a bit? Just curious... for as BG is not my all time favourite song I actually never planned to get the single (I'm a bad fan, I know...:blink: ) but I would absolutely buy it for Instant Martyr....

It's a 'new' version of Happy Ending though remember. Maybe it's a more commercial sounding version? Whether it'll be successful or not I think it's a good choice. It shows diversity to those who don't have the album and might get a new range of fans. Guess we'll have to wait and see.

It's a 'new' version of Happy Ending though remember. Maybe it's a more commercial sounding version? Whether it'll be successful or not I think it's a good choice. It shows diversity to those who don't have the album and might get a new range of fans. Guess we'll have to wait and see.

New version, or just an edited version??:shocked: Hope it's only edited.

Sorry to post this here but it's just a quick question and I think it can be answered by those who are posting in here... soo, the bonus on the UK release of BG, Instant Martyr, does it sound like the unmentionable demo or was it polished up a bit? Just curious... for as BG is not my all time favourite song I actually never planned to get the single (I'm a bad fan, I know...:blink: ) but I would absolutely buy it for Instant Martyr....

LOL! I bought the BG single for the same reason -- wanted Instant Martyr.

And it is actually the same as the Unmentionable That Shall Not Be Named :wink2:

Umm... not that *I* have ever heard the unmentionable tracks... I mean,

I've just heard *about* them and... well, you know :blush-anim-cl:

dcdeb

New version, or just an edited version??:shocked: Hope it's only edited.

Well it said new special version so... who knows? It's probably just the radio edit but sometimes they change them to make them more radio friendly. We'll find out in October though!

LOL! I bought the BG single for the same reason -- wanted Instant Martyr.

And it is actually the same as the Unmentionable That Shall Not Be Named :wink2:

Umm... not that *I* have ever heard the unmentionable tracks... I mean,

I've just heard *about* them and... well, you know :blush-anim-cl:

dcdeb

Of course :mf_rosetinted:

Thank you very much :wink2:

Bit dissapointed with this choice of single - love the song on the album but not a charty type song (IMO!), would have liked Lollipop or even Ring Ring. Possibly even Erase or Holy Johnny - which aren't on the album and would have sold/downloaded a few more copies - 5+million albums sold means that most people (not us obsessives though) will already have the song and not bother buying it - the reason I think that Love today and Big girl didn't get to No1 (bloody Umberela ella ella ella!!!!:sneaky2: )

Bit dissapointed with this choice of single - love the song on the album but not a charty type song (IMO!),

Come on, guys...Why would he release the same type of singles that others do????

Who would have thought Bo Rhap would be No1 for 2-3 months when it was first released? It was even unbelievable radio stations would play such a long song but they did...:cool:

'The future is for brave innovators'.....:thumb_yello:

would have liked Lollipop or even Ring Ring. Possibly even Erase or Holy Johnny - which aren't on the album and would have sold/downloaded a few more copies - 5+million albums sold means that most people (not us obsessives though) will already have the song and not bother buying it - the reason I think that Love today and Big girl didn't get to No1 (bloody Umberela ella ella ella!!!!:sneaky2: )

For anyone who did not know it, the point of a single is to promote the album!!!! Record companies, and especially artists do not make money on singles. They make money from album sales and tours.... Therefore, releasing a single that is not on an album makes NO SENSE..:cool:

Am i the only one who is GUTTED by this choice!?!

When he released Love today i was like "Cool love this song, hopefully Relax Take it easy will be next"

and then he released Big Girl and " i was like hmm ok fine love that song EVEN MORE but hoping for relax next"

BUT then he releases Happy ending???????????????

In my honest opinion i think this should have stayed as an album track;

Don't get me wrong i don't mind "Happy Ending" but i just can't help thinking it won't make as much as an impact as "RTIE"

Ideally i would have liked him to release the singles :

1. Grace Kelly

2. Relax Take It Easy

3. Lollipop

4. Big Girl/Happy Ending

5. Love Today

In that order.

I just don't understand why he is ignoring "RTIE" for the UK does he think we'll toss our noses up at it? :blink:

I am totally with you on this one ST. Relax is my favourite in any case and it is so clearly single material. I don't understand the logic.

vailable.

For collectors it is pretty easy to get hold of any singles released in other countires, nowadays, so I don't see the point in re-releasing Relax in the UK.

Happy Ending is the perfect choice for the final single: it is different from any current chart songs and sounds ...hmmmmm.....70s... but the whole album does, anyway. MASTERPIECE:thumb_yello:

Well the point, to me would be to let the wider public hear Relax. Not because I particularly want to buy it.

The UK chart usually has plenty of dance stuff in it although I think it is on the wane a little now, but I think Relax shows a different side of Mika and would appeal to perhaps a different audience than the other singles.

When you say re-release, I understood it was very limited 500 or something, which is negligible really in terms of record sales.

Well the point, to me would be to let the wider public hear Relax. Not because I particularly want to buy it.

The UK chart usually has plenty of dance stuff in it although I think it is on the wane a little now, but I think Relax shows a different side of Mika and would appeal to perhaps a different audience than the other singles.

When you say re-release, I understood it was very limited 500 or something, which is negligible really in terms of record sales.

Agree with what you're saying Babs!

The vast majority of MIKA fans may like Happy Ending but outside that i don't think it'll appeal to many and this is me saying what i feel.

Relax is an obivous hit single! Mika hasn't had a topping single since Grace Kelly; Love Today and Big Girl as much as they were good they don't have that OMG WOW like Lollipop or Relax!

if he had released relax or lollipop we could be basking at a couple of new No.1's.

The album sales is definitely what Mika is looking to increase rather than the single sales by the looks of things!