Sorry

nel

Sorry people that I do this message like this.

I have not been active for a few weeks. Reason for this is that a few weeks ago my husband went for a medical so he could go flying (real thing) with my son. As he is over 45 he authomatically had to go for lung x-rays as well. And there the problem started. A golfball size tumor was found and more x-rays and a scan were made. He now has to go for a biopsy on the 13th of september to find out what kind of cancer he has.

As we have our own business here and my husband could be out of the running for a long time I now have to take over the business. So I have to learn all there is about the daily running of it and also make sure that the homefront is taken care off. Not too much time left for anything anymore.

I even forgot Mika's birthday for which I am very sorry!!! I so much wanted to contribute to the present. Maybe next year!?!

Anyway, I will be reading whenever I have time and if Mika ever comes to South Africa I will try to go to the concert (and meet him).

I still have Mika's CD in my car and listen to it (specially now).

I will mis all the stories and interactions with other MFC members but I will try to keep up as much as I can.

Talk to you soon.

Nel

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Honey! I am so sorry to hear your news.

The only thing I can say is try to be brave and optimistic.

And our thoughts are with you.

Anytime, if you ever need to just moan, or worry or anything, just come on here and there will be someone to talk to. PM me if you want, I know I don't know you, but sometimes that makes it easier.

xxxx

Hi Nel, good to hear from you again, it's been a while.

I am so sorry to hear about your husband, I really hope the treatment works okay and that everything gets back to normal soon.

When I go to the gigs in November, I'll do my very best to get something signed for you and send it over, I've still got your address don't worry.

I'll email you in the week, now I'm back on the internet

Good luck with he business too, I know how hard it is starting to learn all that from stratch.

oh god I'm so sorry to hear this!!

but keep in my mind that there is ALWAYS hope! I'm having my fingers crossed!

it's totally understandable that you don't have too much to time to come on here! and yeah I understand that listening to mika right now is very helpful. he would cheer us up in any situation wouldn't he?

nell,

i wish all the best.

be brave and strong and come here for comfort whenever you can...it seems a good theraphy.

do not be sorry, dear, be confident.

keep this thread updated when you can and if you want....and feel our sympathy.

OMG - what a horrible load to be dumped on your plate at the same time...

I really hope that once the biopsy is done and the treatment is underway there will be a positive outcome for your husband, yourself and your entire family.

Please try to stay strong and have faith. You have wonderful friends here in mfc; (and I don't doubt you have close friends and family in the real world, too.) Things really do happen for a reason - and often times that reason is not clear for many, many years but trust me, you will find answers... at some point.....

If I can do anything to help you, support you, at this difficult time, please do not hesitate to PM me, anytime....

cj

Sorry people that I do this message like this.

I have not been active for a few weeks. Reason for this is that a few weeks ago my husband went for a medical so he could go flying (real thing) with my son. As he is over 45 he authomatically had to go for lung x-rays as well. And there the problem started. A golfball size tumor was found and more x-rays and a scan were made. He now has to go for a biopsy on the 13th of september to find out what kind of cancer he has.

As we have our own business here and my husband could be out of the running for a long time I now have to take over the business. So I have to learn all there is about the daily running of it and also make sure that the homefront is taken care off. Not too much time left for anything anymore.

I even forgot Mika's birthday for which I am very sorry!!! I so much wanted to contribute to the present. Maybe next year!?!

Anyway, I will be reading whenever I have time and if Mika ever comes to South Africa I will try to go to the concert (and meet him).

I still have Mika's CD in my car and listen to it (specially now).

I will mis all the stories and interactions with other MFC members but I will try to keep up as much as I can.

Talk to you soon.

Nel

hey nel! hope he will be ok! and u to! ill cross fingers for u all!!!

*hugs*

Hi Nel,

Wondered what had happened with you... so sorry to hear all that you've

been going through. :(

Sending you good thoughts and warm wishes... let us know if there's anything we can do.

dcdeb

xx

Thank you all for your positive stories, good wishes, pm's, encouragements and prayers. The tears are running when I read them but it is good to read it all.

I will keep you all updated. Sorry to keep this little bit of Mika space occupied for something like this.

I am going to do some further reading here now.

Nel

Nel ... I'm deeply sorry to hear of your news & I am sending you & your husband loving, healing thoughts & blue light.

It is important to keep this thread on the first page Nel , so that all of the people here may have the opportunity to send you their love.

Take care hun. :huglove: :huglove: :huglove: :huglove: :huglove: :huglove: :huglove:

Hi Nel,

Nice to meet you.

It's really awful to read what you're going through, but I really hope that things will turn out to be ok for him and obviously all of you. I really don'y know what to say, but I guess it's mainly what everyone else has said already: I know that I don't know you but if you EVER feel the need to chat or just dump your worries on someone who will just listen, please send me a message.

I'm 'adoptive' South African anyway as my partner is from Durban so it already feels like we have a connection :blush-anim-cl:

Take care of yourselves.

Lots of love

I had about 20 min. left before I have to start cooking now. But it was just enough to read a little and post some.

Thanks again for all the encouragement I get. I can only update you once my husband has done his biopsy. So will do so then.

Time to go now and thank you all again.

Nel

• 5 weeks later...

Hi everybody. I made a promiss to update you all so here we go.

My husband decided after a good talk to our GP and more info gathering on internet - not to do a biopsy and not to have any surgery or treatment. Specially with lungcancer the odds are very much against him and the operation is one of the heaviest you can get. A bypass is already routine but cutting away part of a lung is still a very difficult and dangerous operation.

Anyway, my husband actually feels much calmer, now that he has taken this step.

So we now aproach life a little bit different. We celebrate everything we can and I told my son (16) that he must see this as an oportunity to create positive memories of his father.

Maybe we must be thankful for the time we now have because we live much more aware of eachother than we did before.

I must say that I amire my husband for taking this decision but he will, no doubt, ask himself every now and then if this is the right decision.

He will go, however, for a new CT scan in November to see the progress of the cancer.

All I can say is that I do not hate working again. In fact I hated doing housework the last 6 years. You simply cannot work your whole life and all of a sudden stay at home. At least I cant.

And I hit the jackpot with my maid. She is the neighbour of one of the girls working for us and she is a darling. She cleans and polishes and I never have to ask her to do something extra because she will have done it already. She even likes my 8 dogs. And I admire her for that. Lets hope it stays like this.

No further news on this subject so I will go back to reading about Mika and putting in some replies.

Thanks everybody for all your positiveness.

Nel