are we just shallow?

hunnyangel

hi:)

sorry if threads like these have been posted but i couldn't find any like it.

i was thinking, what do we like about mika? we all say he's hot and cute and everyone wants to be his girl etc, but lets take it back a few years when he was a nobody so to speak (sorry if you're reading)

ok, so now we established his non existant fame and talent, imagine you're walking down a street and you see him. he's just another person you see down a street. nothing amazing about that right? you'd carry on the rest of your day forgetting the fact that you even saw him.

how about when you and he talk. there's no boom going on between you, just a stranger you politely say hello to because that's what you do (i do i'm not sure if you're the same?) he starts talking about his collections and you think, yeah you're a complete freak.

lets now bring it back to last year. he's just begining to get a name for himself and his band, but you're still unimpressed about it as it's still only early in his career (and in most band history's their early stuff isn't so good as the later).

now back to today in this year. he's a huge success, quite famous, songs touching nerves, he's not high on drugs all the time, doesn't aim very high in charts (not that he doesn't aim high coz i'm sure he has hopes:)) and doesn't make a thing out of something like offensive comments like he's gay, he's cr*p i hate him. he does what we should do and ignore those comments and concentrate more on the good stuff.

he's 'fresh faced' and bubbly, a little odd (like the rest of us) and has a way with words. now we all see him, we fancy him, want to be his bit on the side etc but we don't know anything about him. sure he tells us stuff but come on, lets face the truth here folks, we know nothing of his personal likes and dislikes. we know odd bits but not the whole picture. you see someone and if they make it in your, "he's hot" cateogray, you keep thinking he likes you back.

freddie made a thread on what do you look for right? personality/ looks, most picked personality. yet we all seem to have a crush on him, not even knowing what he's like in person.

just think about it. if it wasn't for the fame, he'd just be another nobody (really sorry!) that we wouldn't even half glance at.

with love hunny

xx

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A great post hunny !!! However ... I do feel that I can say with 200% certainty ... that if this 'guy' walked thru' the street in my town .... my head would turn & my heart would leap .... cos' for me ... he has such a charisma !!!

I would want to meet him .... & to chat with him .... I would like to find out more about him ..... and ....... :wub2: :wub2: ..... well, that is just me ... :wink2:

A great post hunny !!! However ... I do feel that I can say with 200% certainty ... that if this 'guy' walked thru' the street in my town .... my head would turn & my heart would leap .... cos' for me ... he has such a charisma !!!

I would want to meet him .... & to chat with him .... I would like to find out more about him ..... and ....... :wub2: :wub2: ..... well, that is just me ... :wink2:

:) thank you:)

yeah, but isn't it still down to loooks that makes your head turn??

:) thank you:)

yeah, but isn't it still down to loooks that makes your head turn??

Ummmm ... yes & no ..... CHARISMA is an energy .... some ppl are so called 'good looking' ... but no special energy exudes from them .... it's like you can FEEL someone from far away .... the other end of the street or smth .... :wink2:

I have had this experience from ppl who are in no way stereotypically 'good looking' ...... it's just .... them !!!! :blush-anim-cl:

Ummmm ... yes & no ..... CHARISMA is an energy .... some ppl are so called 'good looking' ... but no special energy exudes from them .... it's like you can FEEL someone from far away .... the other end of the street or smth .... :wink2:

I have had this experience from ppl who are in no way stereotypically 'good looking' ...... it's just .... them !!!! :blush-anim-cl:

oh ok then?

it's still silly, that people will look for looks before personality, if you see what i get at??:boxed::blush-anim-cl::wink2::wub2:

oh ok then?

it's still silly, that people will look for looks before personality, if you see what i get at??:boxed::blush-anim-cl::wink2::wub2:

Well YES Hunny .... that's EXACTLY what I'm saying !!!! It's the QUALITY of the person .... not the QUANTITY !!! I'm agreeing with you hun !!!!! :biggrin2:

i agree ! its like Robbie williams is kinda good looking but i dont fancy him , IMO i think hes pretty self obscessed and fancies himself, which i dont find attractive.. however mika from this perspective is nothing like this and his personality adds to his looks IMO again.

If i walked past mika in the street and didn't know him , i would undoubtedly think hes attractive, i like people who arent afraid to show there own sense of style and individuality and most of my friends are like this too. :wink2: Its wasnt mika's looks that made me like him so much, my first encounter was his music, i think his personality reflects his looks but his looks and obviously personality are just a massive bonus :biggrin2::wink2:

Well,

if mika walked through my town,

where your either 'chav' or 'emo'

and he was dressed like he is normally

that would make my head turn becuase i love his style

i dont know if i'd have enouh guts to talk to him becuase i dont know him, but i would notice him :thumb_yello:

oh ok then?

but saying that, when you met your friends did you know everything about them?

they must have looked nice [as in friendly] or something for you to start talking to them :wink2:

Okay, something like this has happened to me. I was in Hollywood one day just hanging out with a friend. Well, this gorgeous guy walked by and my head turned all the way to watch him. I caught eyes with him and we both smiled. Of course, I blushed a little for being caught watching him. :blush-anim-cl:

So, I told my friend how gorgeous he was and that I really wanted to meet him..of course, she witnessed the whole thing. She then started laughing and said, "Do you know who that is?" I was like NO!! She then told me that he was the star of Entourage. I still was like...WHO? I never watched the show. Well, it happened to be Adrian Grenier (sp?). So, it can happen. I thought he looked great when I thought he was a nobody. Why did my friend tell me who he was..I didn't have the nerve to go up to him after that. Hollywood sort of has the unwritten rule of when you live IN LA....Don't feed the Stars..I mean, don't bother the Stars. LOL!!

So, I can guarantee that if Mika walked by me in early July before I knew who he was...YES, he would have turned my head.

And, doesn't it always start out with initial attraction and then, you find out the personality. You either lose the attraction because they are a jerk or you become more attracted because they are great.

So, I can guarantee that if Mika walked by me in early July before I knew who he was...YES, he would have turned my head.

And, doesn't it always start out with initial attraction and then, you find out the personality. You either lose the attraction because they are a jerk or you become more attracted because they are great.

that's a good point. thank you:) i guess, there is that way too.

i meet my early friends because they dropped something and it got off on that foot.

but you're all right i guess:)

I think he's attractive, so yeah I would turn my head. And I'm a very bouncy, hyperactive person so I say hi to everyone I see. And when I see him in interviews and stuff, he just has got something that catches your attention. Sometimes people have that when they enter the room, you are fascinated by them, but you can't tell why. It's weird. And as I said before in Freddie's thread. you first fall for the looks before you get to know the personality. And I wouldn't find his toy collection weird. Me myself am collecting plush toys so it's would be strange if I found that weird:roftl:

Interesting thread!

If I passed Mika in the street he would without a doubt turn my head (his height and build, mainly) but him being a good deal younger than me I wouldn't 'fancy' him as such, I would just think, that's a really good looking young bloke :naughty: .

It's the way he comes across when you hear him speak, his intellect, his good manners, his enthusiasm and talent and his sheer charisma that I find attractive but who knows if I would still think this if I knew him personally...? I'd most likely find him immature. Inevitable!

But we don't know him and never will, so I think it's fine to be attracted to the things about him we can definitely see and experience as fans, and not to worry about what he's *really* like.

I agree with you.

I like Mika for his talent and music. When i started listening to Mika at first i had no idea what he looked like. I got shocked (in a good way) when i saw him for the first time cause i pictured him a lot more different. Ofcourse he's gorgeous, but i don't like him just for that. His look is so uniqe and as you're saying he has an amazing head-turning (lol) charisma. His looks have never been the reason why i love him. His music has helped me a lot and done so much for me. I owe Mika so much. :)

Interesting thread!

If I passed Mika in the street he would without a doubt turn my head (his height and build, mainly) but him being a good deal younger than me I wouldn't 'fancy' him as such, I would just think, that's a really good looking young bloke :naughty: .

It's the way he comes across when you hear him speak, his intellect, his good manners, his enthusiasm and talent and his sheer charisma that I find attractive but who knows if I would still think this if I knew him personally...? I'd most likely find him immature. Inevitable!

But we don't know him and never will, so I think it's fine to be attracted to the things about him we can definitely see and experience as fans, and not to worry about what he's *really* like.

that's what i mean!

once you get to know someone, you minds change and you don't like them...

thanks for the comments:)

i still find it interessting

how about when you and he talk. there's no boom going on between you, just a stranger you politely say hello to because that's what you do (i do i'm not sure if you're the same?) he starts talking about his collections and you think, yeah you're a complete freak.

I think if I'd never heard of Mika and then randomly ended up talking to him at some point, I'd probably be like, "Yay, a fellow weirdo! =D" XDDD

But anyway. Before I'd heard Mika's music, I didn't really give a damn about him... his looks didn't do anything for me, so I had nothing to fangirl over. :bleh: But then I heard his music, thought it was pretty crazy and cool, and then I saw a couple of interviews, thought he seemed pretty crazy and cool, and then the (TAME!!) fangirlage commenced! XD

If he'd looked like, say, Jonathan Rhys-Meyers, but ultimately seemed to be rather boring, I would've just seen him as eye-candy, and any fangirlage would've been brief. But because he seems like quite a nutcase (I mean that in a good way XD) AND is talented too, the (TAME!!) obsession has lasted quite a while! That's what started my Björk obsession too, as well as my Brian Eno obsession :mf_rosetinted:

I think if I'd never heard of Mika and then randomly ended up talking to him at some point, I'd probably be like, "Yay, a fellow weirdo! =D" XDDD

But anyway. Before I'd heard Mika's music, I didn't really give a damn about him... his looks didn't do anything for me, so I had nothing to fangirl over. :bleh: But then I heard his music, thought it was pretty crazy and cool, and then I saw a couple of interviews, thought he seemed pretty crazy and cool, and then the (TAME!!) fangirlage commenced! XD

If he'd looked like, say, Jonathan Rhys-Meyers, but ultimately seemed to be rather boring, I would've just seen him as eye-candy, and any fangirlage would've been brief. But because he seems like quite a nutcase (I mean that in a good way XD) AND is talented too, the (TAME!!) obsession has lasted quite a while! That's what started my Björk obsession too, as well as my Brian Eno obsession :mf_rosetinted:

thank you.

it is making sence when everyone says about looks get you hooked first, but it just seems that's how we're all wired in. it's just odd.

Well I don't know about walking down the street, but a person hardly has to be a celebrity for me to like them, and my interest in Mika is not due to his celebrity status. I had been talking about this with a friend before--there are some people I know in real life whom I feel about somewhat like I feel about Mika, and they are not famous. In fact, I was about to start a thread just about one such person. :wink2:

--Jack

Oh, I would definately turn my head. Mika is the second most beautiful thing I have ever seen in my LIFE. And you can sit there and say I am only saying that because of WHO he is. And I still say that if he were a stranger on the street- I would still feel the same. And Y-E-S that is just LOOKS.

I was HOOKED on Mika when a friend introduced me to his music. I had never seen him. Knew his songs by heart and LOVED em' all. Then when I finally seen Mika for the first time, I was literally speechless! My heart fell to my feet. And I have not been the same since. And my life will never be the same again. He has totally changed my life forever for the better. It is in a way like therapy. I am much happier- and my whole world and outlook on life is so much more colorful.

The things that we DO know about him, and his personality just make ya fancy him ALL the more, because he is such a great person. I LOVE the way he thinks. He is So funny and has a great sense of humor.

I totally get your point, and also agree with you. I also see it from the other side as well. Us totally obsessed fans are far too gone to turn back now!

Well I don't know about walking down the street, but a person hardly has to be a celebrity for me to like them, and my interest in Mika is not due to his celebrity status. I had been talking about this with a friend before--there are some people I know in real life whom I feel about somewhat like I feel about Mika, and they are not famous. In fact, I was about to start a thread just about one such person. :wink2:

--Jack

thanks jack:)

and i understand what you say:)

I honestly think that if I were to meet Mika before his fame, I would find him incredibly appealing, no matter how "odd" he may be. I'm quite the oddball myself, so collecting toys, wearing tight and funny colored clothing is just normal to me. All the people that I've been around and hung out with since I was about 12 have been kind of the artsy, eccentric type. I think it's interesting, and I would MUCH rather spend my time with someone like that than a prep-boy athlete.

I'm the type of person to see a guy dressed oddly and kind of follow him around the shop to look at him. :D

I think that the physical aspect is a reflection of the "spiritual" part, both in connection with a balanced state of mind ..I mean, if you encounter someone who is beautiful even on the inside, you remain attracted by a kinda positive aura of wellbeing that spread from who have the power to make you feel good

:bleh:English is a brief and simple language but I still think in caotic italian

I totally get your point, and also agree with you. I also see it from the other side as well. Us totally obsessed fans are far too gone to turn back now!

lol i know, i'm sort of there, but it just feels to me a little shallow that i'm not knowing him at all?

lol i know, i'm sort of there, but it just feels to me a little shallow that i'm not knowing him at all?

That doesn't make you shallow. You just like what you see and hear, the same as most all of us. You can't say that it's shallow if you haven't been presented with any more information. If you DID know Mica and only liked him for the way that he looked, that would be shallow. :)