Is it possible Mika is holding OFF Relax Take It Easy in time for The Brits?

Showtunes17

So he could perform (which is looking more than likely) a quality tune at the brit awards next year!

It is possible he is holding off Relax Take It Easy release date in the UK; in time for the brit awards? I mean he will probably be able to release another tune before the end of the year after Happy Ending!

Who knows. Relax would be a great song to show off what a great year and success he has had with LICM :thumb_yello: !!!

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope so! You know I love this song, and I know you do too!

I still can't believe it hasn't been properly released here.

I love the song as said in my sig :roftl:

I agree It's soo weird that Relax hasn't been released here; people may say "oh but it was released it last year" but that was only a limited editon not OFFICIAL.

It is possible Mika maybe holding it off in time for the brits! fingers crossed eh :wink2:

Do you think it ever will though? If he was planning on releasing it there, wouldn't he have syncronised it with the release of it in the rest of Europe instead of releasing Love Today?

Europe and the UK have different single release times; i believe europe still haven't got Big girl yet and Love Today is only just starting to make waves? So it doesn't matter.

I mean Mika will have to perform a tune @ the brits; and lets be honest He will be chosen to perform biggest Act of 2007 is MIKA! :naughty: and so it won't be Happy Ending as that would be old by the time the brits comes round which is in Febuary for all those unaware about the brit awards!

The next possible singles after Happy Ending are either Relax/Lollipop and i feel It'll be Relax; as Lollipop is more of an Album song! IMO!

Europe and the UK have different single release times; i believe europe still haven't got Big girl yet and Love Today is only just starting to make waves? So it doesn't matter.

I mean Mika will have to perform a tune @ the brits; and lets be honest He will be chosen to perform biggest Act of 2007 is MIKA! :naughty: and so it won't be Happy Ending as that would be old by the time the brits comes round which is in Febuary for all those unaware about the brit awards!

The next possible singles after Happy Ending are either Relax/Lollipop and i feel It'll be Relax; as Lollipop is more of an Album song! IMO!

The original was Relax/Billy Brown etc as the "Dodgy Holiday EP" so it would make sense to rerelease it as it is, however, there's a live version of Billy Brown on the Love Today single so maybe Lollipop will be substituted as a way of a soft release for it?

I did think he'd release Lollipop at Christmas but there isn't time now with Happy Ending coming out mid October.

I also know that people who don't know or like Mika are suprised when they realise that Relax is his as theyve heard it and liked it last summer so it would make commercial sense.

I recall reading that the record company wanted to release five tracks from LICM so it would prob be the last one.

Vix x

I hope so! You know I love this song, and I know you do too!

I still can't believe it hasn't been properly released here.

I agree!! I love Relax; In fact the first time I heard the album, it was the song that I liked most.

It does seem funny that it hasn't been launched so all that I can think of is that they have some sort of 'gameplan' for it.

Let's hope you are correct with the Brits thing! That would be fantastic:punk:

The original was Relax/Billy Brown etc as the "Dodgy Holiday EP" so it would make sense to rerelease it as it is, however, there's a live version of Billy Brown on the Love Today single so maybe Lollipop will be substituted as a way of a soft release for it?

I did think he'd release Lollipop at Christmas but there isn't time now with Happy Ending coming out mid October.

I also know that people who don't know or like Mika are suprised when they realise that Relax is his as theyve heard it and liked it last summer so it would make commercial sense.

I recall reading that the record company wanted to release five tracks from LICM so it would prob be the last one.

Vix x

I believe if he is going to release anything else of the album it will be Reax, however that said, at award shows many artists have been asked ot play their older more known songs released in the year that the awrd show is celebrating, so he could still be asked to play GK or LT...

Also, I recall also reading about the 5, but then most companies choose to release no more than 5 songs from an album...

Just adding my opinion:thumb_yello:

LT has just started making waves... :boxed:

Well, in Sweden, but we're kind of slow.

in germany, big girl has been released just now. don't think we'll ever get love today as a single... :crybaby:

I have NO idea what's up with Mika and canada...I don't think any of his songs except maybe grace kelly have been released and I don't think they ever will because nobody understands his greatness!

Love Today was released months ago and Relax has been on the charts for 9 or 10 weeks.

They do play the Big Girl- vid in Norway, but I don't know if that automatically spells release or not..

i lurve relax but i think mika will want 2 release somefink nu to those without the album. i think lollipop is such a brill pop song and its just like the whole marmite lovin and hatin thing that mika talks about so i think it would be what we cud expect from him.

i think its right for xmas release. i hope so coz i want a load of mika lollipops on my xmas tree this year lol.

Big Love

xx

• 1 month later...

Vix x

I still rest my case!! :roftl: :roftl: :roftl: