what do you like about mika?

yooligan

If there is already a tread about this, please give me the link =)

just wondering.. what do you like about mika and his songs the most? what makes you a fan of him? what made you put the radio veeeeeery loud when you first heard mika?

for example, I like very much when he sings high and the beats of the songs are super!! his hair that bumps up and down, together with his clotes and his smile makes it perfect!! :blush-anim-cl:

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

his music is unique :) and i love every note on every song!

i think i once told mika that its like he went into my head *checked what i like best and did it!*

and his personality just makes him even more great :)

his music is unique :) and i love every note on every song!

i think i once told mika that its like he went into my head *checked what i like best and did it!*

and his personality just makes him even more great :)

You just described how I feel about him. YOU went inside my head and said everything I wanted to say. :naughty:

Something that I really like about both Mika and his music is the way he manages to project a kind of non-annoying optimism. You see, a lot of the time, when someone's optimistic, I'll find that they're kind of blindly optimistic and don't want to see that there are actually lots of things about life that are pretty damned depressing. Mika, on the other hand, has his "hyperreality", as he calls it, which acknowledges that bad stuff can and does happen, but also works to inject a bit of fun and colour into life. Because of this, I find that his songs make me feel good, even when I'm feeling horribly crappy, which is a MASSIVE help, 'cause I'm, well... (how do I put it without being depressing? XD; ) ... not the strongest of people. He just kind of seems to radiate positivity in a way I've never really seen before, and I just think it's great, y'know? :)

(Did that make any sense at all? XDDD; )

Also, eccentric people rock mah socks! :biggrin2::punk:

If there is already a tread about this, please give me the link =)

just wondering.. what do you like about mika and his songs the most? what makes you a fan of him? what made you put the radio veeeeeery loud when you first heard mika?

for example, I like very much when he sings high and the beats of the songs are super!! his hair that bumps up and down, together with his clotes and his smile makes it perfect!! :blush-anim-cl:

Where do I start!!! I'd always heard radios in shops of course and just went about my business. Then one day... I was stopped in my tracks?

"Who's singing that fantastic song?"

"Who's got that gorgeous voice?"

"Oh God... is there a note that guy can't reach?"

"He's deffinatly not Sissor Sisters, or Justin Timberthingy. He's way... way better than anyone I've ever heard!!!"

Then I saw a clip of him on TV, singing that song, which turned out to be LOVE TODAY. Grace Kelly had got past me somehow, but when I heard it on the album, I knew I'd heard it before and I love it. After listening to his album, and finding out that he writes all those fantastic songs himself, I went online to see him in some concert footage... and that was it!! I was totally hooked. I am 53 years old and a fan of a popstar who's younger than my son! How sick is that? But I don't care. Mika has knocked years off me.

But I think, if I had to say what it is about him that is most special, I would say... He is such a loving person. He's affectionate with everyone and does not have that attitude of "I'm a celebrity... so worship me." Instead, he's like the boy-next-door. He's also very brave to tackle issues, like the ones he tackles in that song Billy Brown, but he said in an interview that he dislikes intollerance and at least he is willing to use his music to end predjudices, which can only be a good thing.

I think the world is a much beeter place now Mika is around. What he has been through in his past, and with his disability, yet has become the unique and special person that he is, is nothing short of a miracle. You have probably guessed that I love Mika... but if you haven't... yes I do.

I love all his songs, and really love the new one "How Much Do You Love Me?"

Are you all voting for him? I certainly am!!

Love today, from Marilyn

My favorite thing about Mika is that he is himself. He is completely original.

I, frankly, am sick and tired of the mainstream. I hate the average celebrity. I hate watching television and seeing these fake people with unrealistic lives wearing ridiculously expensive jewelry and clothing, claiming to be "normal" people. I hate turning on the radio and hearing this completely non-relatable music that makes you feel suicidal. I hate the negative message in music these days and the general "Hollywood" consensus that you have to be skinny to be loved, gay people don't exist, sexual promiscuity is the "thing." Mika is amazing at creating music that not only makes you happy, but tells something about society. He isn't afraid to "go there." He doesn't sing about trashing a lover's house or bedding ten different people a night. His way of transporting sometimes negative emotion into a positive, happy song is spectacular. For this, I truly respect him.

My favorite thing about Mika is that he is himself. He is completely original.

I, frankly, am sick and tired of the mainstream. I hate the average celebrity. I hate watching television and seeing these fake people with unrealistic lives wearing ridiculously expensive jewelry and clothing, claiming to be "normal" people. I hate turning on the radio and hearing this completely non-relatable music that makes you feel suicidal. I hate the negative message in music these days and the general "Hollywood" consensus that you have to be skinny to be loved, gay people don't exist, sexual promiscuity is the "thing." Mika is amazing at creating music that not only makes you happy, but tells something about society. He isn't afraid to "go there." He doesn't sing about trashing a lover's house or bedding ten different people a night. His way of transporting sometimes negative emotion into a positive, happy song is spectacular. For this, I truly respect him.

I don't know what else there is to say, except that I couldn't agree with you more.

I like his personality.

He just doesn't care what people have to say about him!

I also love the style of his music, and his energy during preformances is absolutely amazing!

Well I guess you could say I like everything about Mika!

What I like about Mika?

The way he sings about annoying things in life without blaming them, like they were natural parts of our lives, the way he sings about sad things with optimism without using nasty expressions like others do, the way he makes me feel good for everything that happens in my life teaching me that everything is worth living.

And of course, I like his personality and originality and I hope he won't change very much in the future.

First, I like his music. That's the reason why Im here.

But after that, watching interviews on youtube. I started to like his personality ever more. He isnt ashamed of being the one who he wants to be.

Himself.

Mika is the sweetest thing on earth. n_n

What I like about Mika is his openness about things. He doesn't try to hide who he is, or what his personality is like. If he wants something, he tries to get it.

He also doesn't blame his childhood or dyslexia problems on his parents. I can't tell you how many celebs blame their parents for how crappy they did in school, and how little friends they had.

Mika's not afraid to be himself. And that's what's important. If he was terrible at writing and singing songs, and was hideous, I would like him all the same. (For the record, he's AWESOME and singing and writing songs, and he's drop-dead gorgeous. :thumb_yello: )

I've always like Kelly Clarkson, but the reason her newest album hasn't sold so much, is because SHE wrote it. Her fans weren't used to HER personality, only her songwriters'. If she had written all her songs at the start, she'd be a bigger success. I admire her courage to express herself.

But I admire Mika's more, because he started out with that courage!

:punk: Keep it comin' Mika!

• 1 year later...