Great article on Mika's Nice gig

sunshine931

It's in french, I'll tranlsate it tonight when I get home from work.

http://www.nice-premium.com/article/mika-vague-de-bonne-humeur-sur-le-nikaia..2519.html

Mika, vague de bonne humeur sur le Nikaïa

Révélation pop de l’année 2007, Mika s’est invité au Nikaïa. Le jeune chanteur a retrouvé Nice, souvenir de ses vacances d’enfance, avec un plaisir communicatif. Américano-libanais, né à Beyrouth, il y a 24 ans, Mika a grandi un moment à Paris, d’où son français parfait. Avec sa pop endiablée et sa grande tournée Dodgy Holiday Tour 2007, Mika soigne le moral de ses fans. Lundi soir, il a offert aux niçois une belle prestation vocale et musicale.

Mika sillonne la France, depuis quelques mois. Il transporte dans ses valises des kilos d’énergie positive. Lundi soir, il s’arrête au Nikaïa, où il accueille ses fans dans un univers magique. Le temps de son concert, la salle se transforme en une folle kermesse pour grands enfants en mal de couleurs. Fleurs rouges accrochées aux micros, anges dorés sortis de nulle part, confettis et ballons de baudruches. Le public se laisse séduire par la magie, se surprenant à rire devant un théâtre d’ombres chinoises et de marionnettes en peluches. Naïf, candide, un peu trop rose bonbon ? Peu importe pour les fans. Ils sont venus ici pour danser sur la mélodie de Happy Hending. Reprendre en cœur les refrains : Big girls you are beautiful (les filles grosses sont belles), everybody gonna love today (tout le monde peut aimer cette journée).

Mika, pilule de bonheur

Des souvenirs reviennent et Mika se confie. Au milieu du spectacle, il raconte un concert de chant lamentablement raté, à Juan-les-Pins, pendant ses vacances annuelles sur la Côte d’Azur. Il avait 9 ans. « Revenir à Nice me donne la pêche ! » On veut bien le croire. Mika a la bougeotte. Il ne peut pas s’empêcher de se lever pour jouer du piano debout. Sur la seule mélodie triste de son répertoire, il continue de sautiller en tendant le micro au public. Mika s’agite, donne le tournis. Mais sa prestation vocale reste impeccable. Etonnante. Suivi par un accompagnement musical sans faille, assuré par deux guitaristes, une chanteuse, et une batteuse noire aux airs de diva du gospel. Il quitte les morceaux repris en boucle sur les ondes, Mika pour offrir quelques unes de ses compositions méconnues. Moins pop, plus rock, presque country. Le public est surpris mais enthousiaste.

Les azuréens sont entre amis, ou en famille. Mika est un plaisir qui se partage, collectif, contagieux. Morgane, 7 ans, est venue avec sa maman, son frère et sa grande sœur de 20 ans. Les mélodies entraînantes de Mika entêtent, et attirent toutes les générations. Jeanne, 54 ans, elle, a pris sa pilule de bonheur, et s’étonne que « ce spectacle ne soit pas remboursé par la sécu ».

Mika se souvenait de son concert raté à Juan les Pins, le public n’est pas prêt d’oublier ce concert au goût de rêve !

Première partie

Pour « chauffer » la salle d’un Nikaïa impatient, Mika avait invité Yelle. Une petite brune en collants zébrés et tee-shirt jaune fluo. La jeune fille débite plus qu’elle ne chante, des paroles sans prétention. Acidulées, comme elle. De loin, Yelle et ses mélodies rappellent la demoiselle de Superbus. Une musique rythmée, qui réveille d’un coup. Rien de tel pour préparer les fans à l’entrée de Mika

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

hahaha j'ai adoré le coup de la sécu!!!:roftl:

il ya qq années, si ça se trouve j'ai du le croiser sur la Côte sans le savoir...:blink::roftl:

thx for posting Sunshine!!

waiting for the 12h...

btw KEEP VOTING FOR THE MTV EMA!!!!!!!

And then you realize:

"I remember everything!

I did the song contest and I beat him! :shocked:

But it was easy! He was really bad!" :naughty::roftl:

Alright people, here's the translation :D... sorry if it's not very good, I'm really tired and my brain is like jello !

Mika, a rush of hapiness at the Nikaïa

Pop revelation of the year, Mika invited himself at the Nikaïa. The young singer came back to Nice, memory of his childhood holidays, with a infectious pleasure. American-Lebanese, born in Beirut 24 years ago, Mika grew up in Paris for quite a while, hence the perfect french. With his wild pop and his grand Dodgy Holiday Tour 2007, Mika takes care of his fans happiness. Monday night, he offered the Niçois (habitants of Nice) a beautiful vocal and musical performance.

Since a couple of months, Mika has been travelling throughout France. He brings in his luggage pounds of positive energy. Monday night, he stops at the Nikaïa, where he welcomes his fans in a magical world. For the duration of his gig, the venue transforms itself in a huge carnival for big kids that have been missing colors. Red flowers on the microphones, golden angels coming out of nowhere, confetti and baloons. The crowd his seduced by the magic, finding themselves laughing at a theater of shadows and stuffed puppets. Naive, candid, a little to candylike ? It doesn't matter to the fans. They came here to dance to the melody of Happy Ending. Sing along to the chorus of Big Girls, and Love Today.

Mika, happiness pill

Memories are coming back and Mika confides. In the middle of the show, he tells about a horribly failed singing gig, at Juan-les-Pins, during his annual holiday on the Côte d'Azur. He was 9. "Coming back to Nice is thrilling !" We can believe him. Mika can't stop bouncing around. He can't help standing up to play the piano. On the only sad melody of his repertoire, he keeps home jumping while pointing the mic in the crowd. Mika moves around, makes people dizy. But his vocal performance remains perfect. Stunning. With a perfect musical accompaniment, consisting of two guitars (we all know it's a guitar and a bass but oh well...), a singer, a black drummer girl with the looks like a gospel diva. He strays from the singles that are airing non-stop on the radio to offer some of his unknown compositions. Less pop, more rock, almost country. The crowd is surprised but enthusiastic.

The azuréens (people on the Côte d'Azur) came with their friends or families. Mika is a pleasure that you share, a collective and infectious pleasure. Morgane, 7, came with her mom, her brother and her 20 year old sister. Mika's uplifting melodies stay in your head, and appeals people from all generations. Jeanne, 54, took her happiness pill and his surprised that "the show is not refunded by the sécu" (help people from France... does she mean like security ? we don't say sécu in Québec...)

Mika remembered his failed concert in Juan-les-Pins, people from Nice will never forget this dreamlike concert !

Opening act

To heat up the impatient Nikaïa crowd, Mika invited Yelle. A little brunette with zebra print tights and a neon yellow t-shirt. The young girl speaks more then she sings some unpretentious lyrics. Tangy like her. Yelle and her melodies remind of the girl from Superbus. A rythmic music that wakes you up. There's nothing like it to prepair the fans for Mika's arrival.

Thanks for posting and translating, Vero! My French needed the extra

help! :naughty:

dcdeb

My French needed the extra help too! I tried to read a bit of the French, but it's nice to have the English to see how much practice I need to improve my French!

Thanks so much for translating!