Mika @ Le Zénith, Paris, 24-10-2007: GIG REVIEWS!

dcdeb

Paris AGAIN!

I expect this thread to be filled tomorrow with stories of the show tonight!

:biggrin2:

And remember if you want, you can also post your photos in the Members Only

forum -- we hope to archive all the pics and vids there for ease of

finding them later on!

Pamette started a thread for these pics here:

http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9805

:thumb_yello:

dcdeb

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

shall I be first...? :wink2: jolly good.

em texted now (ever so efficient):

stopped playing piano in int to move it center of stage! 2 big girls.

sounds very exciting.. :biggrin2:

Yay, say hi and thank you to em', our pro live correspondent :flowers2:

shall I be first...? :wink2: jolly good.

em texted now (ever so efficient):

stopped playing piano in int to move it center of stage! 2 big girls.

sounds very exciting.. :biggrin2:

Thanks avoca! You are the first... and the best! :wink2:

And thanks to em too!

dcdeb

hey you all... i wasn't supposed to go, but i went... long story... not so interesting...

- some of us met him before the concert but he was very very late and didn't stay long... just long enough to chat and point on my forehead :sneaky2: saying i wasn't supposed to be there... i know...

- he looked exhausted and looks like he had pain in one of his legs... some said he asked for a massage when he arrived inside the zénith...

- excellent concert (i actually COULD HEAR something :biggrin2::naughty: )

- i'm happy i finally "had to" go :naughty:

- he tried to move the piano for my interpretation alone but people came to help him and then he was facing the whole audience and not only the left part of it

- i now have 2 fav parts : missionary man and love today finale (always and forever)

- i got cherisse's drumsticks when they came out after the show (both :mf_rosetinted: ) : they came out in the car then stopped, got out and signed some stuffs : luke and cherisse, mickey was away on the phone and martin was... somewhere else... he just arrived when the car left...

- mika was totally K.O. after the show. he still stayed and signed, but no pics...

- he's truely a nice person to stay and sign even the way he looked like

- conclusion of a long story...

see you all soon, but not on here :wink2:

Yo peeps!

Sorry the review will not be long this time as it's already more than 1:36am and I have to wake up early to go to work tomorrow.

Olga, Fouchonneret and the others managed to see Mika before the show. He was very late (arrived around 5:30pm I think) and looked very tired, and did not walk normally (I don't know how you call that in English, in french you say boiter - would someone translate?). He asked for a massage pro. The girls worried about his state as he really looked exhausted and his walking was kind of as an old man, and it seemed that all his body ached. He talked to them, told them that the beginning of the tour was very hard, that he was late and went.

I arrived at 6:00pm, joined the girls (and what a surprise: YOP WAS THERE!!!), and when the doors opened, ran for the best seats I could find (new rule for next tour: NO FRIENDS WITH ME on a Mika concert!).

Yelle around 8:15pm. She changed her set, it was kinda quieter.

Mika arrived around 9:20 or something like that. His concert was good but (maybe because the girls told me he was not feeling well), I found his connection with the public less spontaneous if I may say. Actually the crowd was older than two weeks ago, more people in their twenties-thirties and less teen-agers, and Mika a few times had to use his vocals more than he should have (given his state) to have the crowd react more.

His voice a few times would not come when he started singing at several stages of the show, I really felt worried, I thought: oh my God he's not gonna make it to the end (actually I got to know a couple of people thought the same as I did). But he did don't worry :wink2: .

He moved a lot less than usual, he mainly stayed central, which the girls told me was great because they had a lot of eye connections with him, they felt like privileged. From the stage, as it's not my first concert, I kept thinking: he's tired he gives his maximum but he can't move more, his body must ache so much. I felt kind of less energy. Was it as a result? The crowd reacted very much and very nicely but I did not see this total frenzy and crazyness I used to see before, Mika really had to make the people interact sometimes, yelling Allez Paris a few times, and using his vocals to give more effect. But maybe it's because I attended Nantes, where he did not need to do anything, people were so much into it from the beginning he was amazed and did not believe what he saw...

Otherwise:

2 big girls

He started playing my interpretation, and after the two or three first lines said: "STOP! I always see the same side of the crowd when I sing. Let's change it", and he then moved his piano to the front with the help of somebody and tarted again my interpretation :roftl: !

Shirt off on LT

Re-sang Relax at the end

He also said that it was his last French date on the tour and that he would miss France a lot (huge cheer from the crowd :thumb_yello: ). And mentioned that his sister was gonna kill him because she had put something in his pockets (some pink pearls I don't know what) and something went wrong with them I did not understand.

I know I have forgotten a lot of stuff - sorry if I remember I'll post later.

When the show ended on Relax he kinda said on a broken voice: thank you for the best concert of my life but I think nobody really heard (and frankly this one I don't think he meant it).

Guys before anyone goes head over heels over my review, I just want to say that it is my feelings and my review only. Other members I talked to afterwards think differently, being on first row they thought it was an amazing concert (of course they got all the eye contacts :mf_rosetinted: !). And to me it was still a good concert, but there's a tiny but... And actually, contrary to two weeks ago, the friends I took this time did not get really into the concert, they did not enjoy it so much.

My feeling is just that he is already extremely tired, he moved less and was a bit less energetic, he has voice problems, the crowd was very nice and cheery but I've seen a bit better at Mika's concerts (of course you can't expect the same thing at every gig).

After the gig we went to wait at the artists exit, the band came out in a van, but got out and signed (Yop got Cherisse's sticks - sorry I'm so tired I can't remember how you call them in English).

Mika arrived later and came out of his van to say hi to everyone, but said he would not be able to sign for everyone and hoped we would understand. Of course finally he ended up signing nearly for everyone, but it was not well organised as last time, it was just a huge crowd over the van. He admitted that he is very tired, and when we asked him when he'd get a rest, he said in the plane (they're flying to Dubai tomorrow), ie no rest really (which is what he meant with the mimic he had when he said this)... He enjoyed some things he saw: nice drawings offered to him, a shoe (a ballerine, how do you say that in English?) that was Mikafied (he loved it), etc...

And we finally got to tell him that NO MIKA YOU DON'T SAY JE VAIS VOUS INTRODUIRE MES MUSICIENS, mais PRESENTER! When we explained him the meaning of INTRODUIRE (introduce, so you can imagine...) the face he made made us really laugh, he said, with a bit of a catastrophic face: oh that is not good, and made a face also to someone who told him that sorry we had waited the last concert to tell him that :naughty: , like: ah ah you're happy you think it's funny (and it was, and HE was when doing that face :blush-anim-cl::wink2: ).

After signing quite a lot he was gonna go so we said: wait Mika we have a song for you. We sang him a song on Big Girl, whom I can't remember who re-wrote, which made him laugh a little. Then he left.

To the ones who would panic easily: yes Mika is very tired, I've seen him in better shape, but he's not dead and I hope he'll do what is necessary to get the rest he needs if he wants to preserve his health. Please do not overreact (sorry if this may seem a bit presomptuous from me to say this).

OK guys I'm done for tonight. Sorry if my review is not as enthusiastic as Nantes. I just hope Mika will get a rest because if not he might have a voice issue or something else - but he's a big boy, I'm not his mum, so he'll do what he thinks is best for him.

Anyway YO MIKA!!!! You're the man, tired/sick or not, boy! See you in Munich and Dusseldorf!

Em', the "perls" were actually SWAROVSKY crystals :roftl: :roftl: :roftl: he found a pack of them in his pockets, then took a whole hand of them and threw them in the crowd :roftl: :roftl: THEN he realized what they actually were...

Oh my God you bet she's gonna kill him! But what were they doing in his pocket anyway ??? :naughty:

I need to get some lessons from you to learn how to make a report more synthetic...

Oh my God you bet she's gonna kill him! But what were they doing in his pocket anyway ??? :naughty:

I need to get some lessons from you to learn how to make a report more synthetic...

long time practice and sarcasm made my reports shorter and shorter as time was going by :naughty:

about the crystals... she takes care of the costumes' date=' i gues there are some in some costumes... no idea... but i think she won't do that again... couldn't catch any, though :naughty:[/font']

h

- he's truely a nice person to stay and sign even the way he looked like

- conclusion of a long story...

see you all soon, but not on here :wink2:

Thanks, Yop! Truly appreciate your taking the time and trouble to write! :biggrin2:

Sorry the review will not be long this time as it's already more than 1:36am and I have to wake up early to go to work tomorrow.

<snip>

Anyway YO MIKA!!!! You're the man' date=' tired/sick or not, boy! See you in Munich and Dusseldorf![/quote']

Oh, thank you, Em! You rock, as well! I really appreciate all the details,

and I won't overreact, as you say, just hope Mika gets some rest before

I see him in Glasgow! :naughty:

dcdeb

Thank you for the report!

Oh, Mika. Please, please try and rest!

I really hope that he can get some rest, but I know he won't. I really wish that he would take a week off between each country so that he can recuperate. This is not good for his body.