Eureka! John's bizarre bathtime muse comes true

dcdeb

Eureka! John's bizarre bathtime muse comes true

from the Sunderland Echo:

A bathtime text made a bizarre dream came true for a Mika fan who will dance on stage with the star in front of thousands of people – dressed as an octopus.

John Mabon, 21, of Hartside Gardens, Easington Lane, was lying in the bath listening to Metro FM when he entred the competition to dance in an animal suit on Mika's tour date at the Manchester Apollo.

Listeners were asked to text in and tell presenters what animal they would be if they could be any animal they liked in the world.

Perhaps the bath water had gone to the father of one's head when he dreamed up his ambition to be a dancing octopus.

John, who works for AMSS Recruitment, Sunnyside, said: "I entered a few competitions now and then and I never thought in a million years I would be picked for this one, but I won.

"I have been to the Apollo before so I know how big it is and I have checked out the website and the show is sold out.

"Lets just say I will be having a few drinks beforehand."

The record company is paying for John to travel down by train, putting him up in a hotel for the night and providing him with his costume.

He will watch Mika's performance from the wings and join him on stage for his single Lollipop.

Last Updated: 25 October 2007 9:35 AM

http://www.sunderlandecho.com/news/Eureka-Johns-bizarre-bathtime-muse.3415068.jp

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

dcdeb, can I just ask...how did you find such a bizarre little article from the SUNDERLAND echo....???

The power of GOOGLE! :thumb_yello:

It is all-knowing, all-seeing... and all-telling! :naughty:

dcdeb

Haha, a very cool way to win a competition! The dancing octopus... :roftl: Too bad I'm not going to Manchester myself so I won't see it with my own eyes...

It's certainly not something we've seen before, that's for sure! I wonder

if they even MAKE adult octopus (octopi?) costumes commercially,

or whether they'll have to get him a custom-made one? :naughty:

dcdeb

It's certainly not something we've seen before, that's for sure! I wonder

if they even MAKE adult octopus (octopi?) costumes commercially,

or whether they'll have to get him a custom-made one? :naughty:

dcdeb

Why is that image of Squidward running through my head now? :roftl:

Squid.GIF

Is it 'octopi' in plural? My Latin dictionary doesn't even know the word 'octopus' and my English dictionary doesn't mention the plural. :sneaky2:

I will be watching out for that octopus! :naughty:

Why didn't I hear about this comp? :blink: Why was it on a Sunderland radio station when the gig will be in Manchester and presumably mostly filled with North-West dwellers not flippin' Sunderlanders or whatever they are called (sorry Freddie, oh it's okay he's in America :naughty: ).

:sneaky2:

:naughty:

I will be watching out for that octopus! :naughty:

Why didn't I hear about this comp? :blink: Why was it on a Sunderland radio station when the gig will be in Manchester and presumably mostly filled with North-West dwellers not flippin' Sunderlanders or whatever they are called (sorry Freddie, oh it's okay he's in America :naughty: ).

:sneaky2:

:naughty:

I'll be looking for it too!

We should both dress as octopuses and have a battle to the death.

Imagine all those flailing arms and suckers. :biggrin2:

OK, that image just made me laugh out loud! :roftl:

dcdeb

Awww, bless!!! Congrats to him!:thumb_yello:

As the first fan to do that, i can guarantee he'll love it!! (not dress up as an octopus and dance on stage but to dance on stage as me, well, Little Bo Peep. You know what i mean!! lol!:naughty: )

• 1 month later...

hey Guys i know this is old news now but I am John the guy in the arcticle who got to be on stage with Mika at Manchester. Iwas googling to see if anyoen had pictures and came across this page. the local press got out of hand with the whole occtopuss answer I was actually the wolf on stage on the 19/11 at Manchester it was really fun all so my girlfriend was the eagle! ..........and yes the picture is in fact embarrasing but was all good fun

Merry Xmas :blush-anim-cl: