2007 - Mika @ Sentrum Scene, Oslo, Norway: 07 Nov -- REVIEWS!

dcdeb

• Replies 478
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Enfa - your quote came out the blue - and I had to

quickly go and see what exactly you were talking about!!! :lmao:

Yeah. But Im right!

So, they read the forum recently. How nice. :naughty:

Great review Kath!

Weyhey!!!!-An acknowledgement that the MFC exists!!!!

-We always knew that they read the forums, but this is the first time that Mika has admitted it!

That makes me fell strangely proud of all of us!:blush-anim-cl:

Nah, not the first time. But they havent talked about for some time!

But the intimacy of the place was incredible. I know that we were close at TBA...but there is close and close. I could smell his breath, I could feel his heat....I was covered in his sweat (OK...somaybe that is not such a good thing but I am just trying to explain fully!)...and...I could touch him!

Wow, that must have been fantastic. :wub2:

Bono sweat on me once. It was awesome. :naughty:

Kath had to say Hi Mika,becouse I just got paralyzed :roftl:

I come to my sense when she said Hi Mika. :biggrin2:

LOL! Hi Norway! Good to see you! LOL....remember that I told you that that was what I usually did...I am just getting used to it now...tee hee!

LOL! Hi Norway! Good to see you! LOL....remember that I told you that that was what I usually did...I am just getting used to it now...tee hee!

Hi Kath! Good to see you too! Yes I remember you said that. :roftl:

Yes he did! Thank you for the PM...I will answer it when I find my mobile number to give you!

hey, take your time, no need to worry at all! :wink2:

it's so nice of you anyway!!!

btw, I'm so jealous you went to see Mika in Norway! I love Norge! :wub2::blush-anim-cl:

It was REALLY brilliant to meet the Norwegian Mfcers.....a toatlly great bunch of people and at every gig our international family just grows and grows.

*sings* We are the world... we are the children...

We are the ones who make a brighter day,

So let's start giving...

Um, never mind :naughty:

The gig was everything I had hoped for. It cost an absolute fortune in the end..the tickets were twice the price of other gigs to begin with and all the associated costs just spiralled...Norway is SO expensive. However...if my marriage ever recovers I will certainly consider it well worth it as it was absolutly amazing! Deb...I thought your post about 'won't it be like that in Glasgow' was SO sweet! Unfortunately there will be a gap of at least a metre...sometimes more.

Well, boo. I've only been to the one show, and I guess I expected

the next to be exactly the same... in DC I was literally leaning on the stage,

because I was being pushed from behind so much, I had nowhere else to

go... Oh well. I'll be a whole lot closer there, even with the gap, than

I would be if I was staying home here in Virginia! :thumb_yello:

But the intimacy of the place was incredible. I know that we were close at TBA...but there is close and close. I could smell his breath, I could feel his heat....I was covered in his sweat (OK...somaybe that is not such a good thing but I am just trying to explain fully!)...and...I could touch him!

I worry about you sometimes, kath, I really do -- :blink:

I also just wanted to write a little more about outside. I have to admit that I was hoping that as it was Mika's first gig in Oslo (and it was very late and very cold) that there would not be too many people outside the stage door and that was indeed the case. I KNOW that it won't be like that in the UK...sorry Deb!

oh well, at least we'll BE there!

Oh...one last thing...whilst on stage, at one point Mika said...we've been reading the forums!

*tries to remember everything she's written recently* :blush-anim-cl:

Bono sweat on me once. It was awesome.

You know, I worry about you, too, Christine :wink2:

In fact, I worry about all of us... I think we're getting a little, um...

weird? :mf_rosetinted:

dcdeb

*sings* We are the world... we are the children...

We are the ones who make a brighter day,

So let's start giving...

Um, never mind :naughty:

Well, boo. I've only been to the one show, and I guess I expected

the next to be exactly the same... in DC I was literally leaning on the stage,

because I was being pushed from behind so much, I had nowhere else to

go... Oh well. I'll be a whole lot closer there, even with the gap, than

I would be if I was staying home here in Virginia! :thumb_yello:

I worry about you sometimes, kath, I really do -- :blink:

oh well, at least we'll BE there!

*tries to remember everything she's written recently* :blush-anim-cl:

dcdeb

Just a little..............maybe!

Yes, it was the same for me Deb, I kept having to move my arm...and there you go you see.....if I REALLY was weird I would have let Mika stamp on it!

hey, take your time, no need to worry at all! :wink2:

it's so nice of you anyway!!!

btw, I'm so jealous you went to see Mika in Norway! I love Norge! :wub2::blush-anim-cl:

Yes...I do too, it is a beautiful country. I am very lucky to have family there so we have visited quite often

I think your mind is always a bit Bleh!

Aren't you at the KC's gig then?

What on earth makes you think that?

Nope. Sadly all the youth hostels I called were booked up, and since it would have been over even later since they had 2 warm up gigs I would have ended up wandering oslo by myself and I didn't want to do that :(

What on earth makes you think that?

Nope. Sadly all the youth hostels I called were booked up, and since it would have been over even later since they had 2 warm up gigs I would have ended up wandering oslo by myself and I didn't want to do that :(

LOL! Yes, Ab has just explained that to me as she said you two were on MSN...I won't ask how many times you have both used the R word in your conversation! Shame about the kaisers. AND..in answer to the first question...itis just a feeling that I got!

Getting weird? That was 1992! In the '80s I got wristbands from the bassist of Iron Maiden and they were soaked in his sweat. And yes I actually kept them. :blink:

The UK gigs are so not going to be like the North American ones. I'm somewhat disappointed that I'm not living right in the middle of the current British music scene but being stuck in Toronto does have its perks. In 2007 I've seen Paolo Nutini, Mika, Lily Allen and the Fratellis all in tiny venues that wouldn't be possible in the UK. Amy Winehouse also played a couple of small gigs but I waited too long to buy tickets and missed out.

I am excited about the big gigs in London because it's another experience altogether but I want to catch him in the US again to get back to the club scene.

I think next time he comes to Toronto he'll be playing a seated concert hall. It's very convenient but it will be a lame atmosphere. Some security guard tapped me on the shoulder and told me to move because I was standing 6 inches outside my row last at a concert last night. :thumbdown:

LOL! Yes, Ab has just explained that to me as she said you two were on MSN...I won't ask how many times you have both used the R word in your conversation! Shame about the kaisers. AND..in answer to the first question...itis just a feeling that I got!

I'm a bit bleh in general tbh.

Haha. It's not *that* many.

Hmm. Should I post links to my photos? There's a small ton :x