2007 - Mika @ Sentrum Scene, Oslo, Norway: 07 Nov -- REVIEWS!

dcdeb

The only video of mine that's working so far:

I'll type up exactly what he says later, but I'm sure it's the same thing ever time when he babbles about sending GK to his recordcompany and all.

His little, hand wave when he says Billy Brown kills me with cuteness :wub2:

Ignore my laughter please.

Thanks for the vid!

It was REALLY brilliant to meet the Norwegian Mfcers.....a toatlly great bunch of people and at every gig our international family just grows and grows.

The gig was everything I had hoped for. It cost an absolute fortune in the end..the tickets were twice the price of other gigs to begin with and all the associated costs just spiralled...Norway is SO expensive. However...if my marriage ever recovers I will certainly consider it well worth it as it was absolutly amazing! Deb...I thought your post about 'won't it be like that in Glasgow' was SO sweet! Unfortunately there will be a gap of at least a metre...sometimes more. And yes, I guess people are right when they have said that 'stage diving' would not be possible at most gigs...he would just fall into the gap! ...or have to take one hell of a leap...although we know he can do that! I have to say...I had absolutly NO idea what he was about to do when he came right to the front and started scrabbling about!

But the intimacy of the place was incredible. I know that we were close at TBA...but there is close and close. I could smell his breath, I could feel his heat....I was covered in his sweat (OK...somaybe that is not such a good thing but I am just trying to explain fully!)...and...I could touch him!

The show was incredible....he managed to sing brilliantly despite being not so well. I have to say that the line that Mika sang 'just to me' (!) 'Hey Girl why can't you carry on'...has been played and replayed a million times on my MP3 player since Wednesday! (Obsessed...moi?)

I also just wanted to write a little more about outside. I have to admit that I was hoping that as it was Mika's first gig in Oslo (and it was very late and very cold) that there would not be too many people outside the stage door and that was indeed the case. I KNOW that it won't be like that in the UK...sorry Deb!

Just before Mika finally emerged Simon had asked us all to move to the other side so that we were not in the way as they were bringing out the equipment.

This meant that when he did finally arrive , as he walked towards the glass door he would not be able to see us. Therefore, as he came out he looked as though he was about to head straight for the bus. I have to say....it was 1:30 am, it was two hours after the end of the gig and it was November in Norway....probably, no one in their right mind would have expected anyone to be there! However, although I was second in the line (Norway was in front of me) I was horrified at the thought that he was just going to walk past us so felt that I had to take action! Having not being able to read up on the Berlin or Copenhagen gigs I did not know if he was still 'being silent' afterwards...particularly when it was cold. However...I decided to just go for it and said 'Hi Mika' as did Norway. He saw us (obviously!) stopped, looked surprised and said 'you must be FREEZING'. At this point I thought that I had better shut up and let Norway have her turn as she was before me! When it was my turn...as I said before, I certainly didn't need anything signing and we had been told in no uncertain terms 'NO PHOTO's' ('otherwise Mika will just get on the bus')...I just went for the hug...after saying hi and asking him how his throat was.

After me Abby seemed to be talking to him for ages! At this point, much to Simons annoyance I took some pics..naughty Kath!

When Mika got on the bus it didn't move for about ten minutes. At this point Abby was wandering up and down the length of the bus looking in on her tip toes looking for (and calling for) Richard. All the band, Mika, Mika's mum and Richard were on the bus and I did remind her that just because we could not see in did NOT mean that they could not see out! (Oh, ok, so she has a nutter for a mother..what could we expect!)

We then had to spend the next few hours (until 4:30) wandering the streets until the station opened. But it was worth it! Oh...one last thing...whilst on stage, at one point Mika said...we've been reading the forums!

Thanks for the report Kath it was great!

*sings* We are the world... we are the children...

We are the ones who make a brighter day,

So let's start giving...

Um, never mind :naughty:

Well, boo. I've only been to the one show, and I guess I expected

the next to be exactly the same... in DC I was literally leaning on the stage,

because I was being pushed from behind so much, I had nowhere else to

go... Oh well. I'll be a whole lot closer there, even with the gap, than

I would be if I was staying home here in Virginia! :thumb_yello:

I worry about you sometimes, kath, I really do -- :blink:

oh well, at least we'll BE there!

*tries to remember everything she's written recently* :blush-anim-cl:

You know, I worry about you, too, Christine :wink2:

In fact, I worry about all of us... I think we're getting a little, um...

weird? :mf_rosetinted:

dcdeb

Yeah Deb! My cousin would just rest her beer on the stage! It was wonderful to be so close!

Jeez I can't believe he still reads them. I didn't think he had time to anymore...

What made him say that he was reading it?

• Replies 478
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

OMG. I LOVE THEM. DID YOU SEND THEM TO SIVAN. SHE IS PUTTING AN ONLINE ALBUM FOR MIKA. IF YOU HAVEN'T PM HER.

I SAW THE FIRST VIDEO THE BEGINNING OF LOVE TODAY. BUT WHERE IS THE SECOND VIDEO?

I don't have one O_O

I have more videos of other stuff though! :X I need to upload it!

And, which photos do I send to Sivian?[or whatever the name was D:] The whole lot? Rofl. I like the umbrella ones best! :shocked:

^

Right. Thank you. :D

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=4BMWVVHgGVA last vid since the others won't upload on youtube :boxed:

ETA:

My full review:

I arrived at the venue around 9.30 and just, parked myself in front of it. It was rather amusing. Got a lot of comments, the guy working at the sports store next to the venue came out with something for me to sit on after a bit.

I saw the buses arrive, but I was too scared to go over so I just stayed but, fool that I am X_X

Ended up just hanging around the venue until 2ish when 2 other girls, Mina and Stine, finally showed up. We talked for a bit. Laughed *a lot* and dyed part of their hair blue, which was full of lulz and Stine got a fashion girl feather boa [which was late thrown up on stage :3].

It was just the three of us before Norway showed up around 5pm I think, and then Kath and Abby showed up, and Savage_Beauty soon after and we had a rather amusing time.

Around 6.30-7ish they started to set up barricades for the line and we shuffled ourselves into that.

Doors finally opened and I got myself a t-shirt. Then I found out it was 15 minutes until the downstairs doors opened so I ran up and checked my coat. Then after that doors opened and I ran down and got a place at the front row, 1 person between me and Kath and the centre podium thing. At that I realised I’d forgotten my camera batteries in my coat pocket so I had to RUN back up to get them, and thankfully Norwegians are amazing and they let me right back into my place once I had returned.

Yelle was rather nice I must say.

Richard came out. Richard was much talked about and me and Abby were both rather Richard nutters by the time we got inside the venue. And Richard was kind. He asked me and Alyssa a few questions about how big Mika is in Norway and we awkwardly told him how GK was on the charts for about 9 weeks and Love Today had been there and Relax and Big Girl. So that was very very amusing to me. Richard met his expectations.

But then. Then it was Mika. The man I’ve been waiting to see for ages. Since I first really fell for Grace Kelly and heard more and more and drank it up like the sweetest of nectars.

Oh it was brilliant. I don’t even remember everything because my mind turned to mush. I need Savage_beauty who I was standing next to get on and post the set list.

Started with Relax obviously. And then I don’t remember. I think it was any other world. But I’m not sure.

He spoke a bunch of Norwegian which made me really stupidly happy just because he was so darn adorable when he did and he waved his arms and he waved his arms when he said “Billy Brown” and at that I just died and went to heaven.

The gig in itself was just brilliant. And I was just so close. There was barely a security gap, and the thin one there was couldn’t have been more than two or three feet so it’s not like that was anything huge and holding us back.

I danced and sang and had the time of my life.

Phoned my friend Heather during Stuck in the Middle and she got it. I’m glad it went through since it’s a bit dodgy with her being in the US and all. But it worked and she heard it. *flails*

He took his shirt off. And I think that sent us all into a bit of hysterics tbh. Well. For us first timers at least.

Went off and came back for Lollipop which in itself was absolutely brilliant. The stage dive was mad and just the whole atmosphere with the confetti and balloons and everything was just out of this world and I had the biggest grin on my face during it all.

He went off again and came back for his second time with Relax. He was singing and I was and I decided to take a chance and I reached and stretched my hand out to him and he grabbed it, looked me in the eyes and sang. And my mind went to mush at that. I do remember when he let go I turned to Alyssa and went mad with excitement and forgot about Mika completely. That wasn’t good. Haha.

Finally got out and realised I had missed my train, so went back with Kath and crew to the back and hung out with them, me and Abby pining for Richard and wondering where on earth he was. Simon came and told us Richards name isn’t Richard but it’s Andy. But we reckon that he’d rather be Richard because Richard is a good solid name whilst Andy is not.

Mika didn’t come out until 1.30 nearly, and we were all shuffled into a line. No photographs though sadly, I would have loved to get one. But I shall next time, as that’s my goal. And I plan for there to be many more times for me to meet him and hug him again and smell him again and that time get a photograph or 5.

By then it was super late and me and Abby tried to get stickers but the security man was a douche and didn’t understand what we meant. Spent the time pining for Richard as we had nothing better to do.

Once the buses left we headed for the train station only to find it closed up for the night, so the rest of it was spent wandering around Oslo until we got to a chip shop, and stayed in there until around 3.30 much to the owners dismay. It was fun though.

Finally got into the train station and met Alyssa again, she was on her way to denmark. She left first, and then Abby and Kath left me and I was stuck alone at the train station until 7am. Mum wanted me to go to school, but by then I hadn’t slept for 26 hours and I couldn’t even bare the thought of school. Overall it was amazing though. A slice of heaven.

Thank you all.

And no Kath, no there aren't. I'm just a fountain of everything. Haha! But I have to write a review, don't I? :biggrin2:

My friend reckons Richard told Mika about me and that's why he grabbed my hand.:blush-anim-cl: I like that idea.

Of course he did!

The only video of mine that's working so far:

I'll type up exactly what he says later, but I'm sure it's the same thing ever time when he babbles about sending GK to his recordcompany and all.

His little, hand wave when he says Billy Brown kills me with cuteness

Ignore my laughter please.

He is just so freakin adorable in this vid! :wub2: Thanks soo much for posting!! :biggrin2:

It's sounds SO danish - really! I bet he can't hear the difference!

Funny, I was just thinking that he was kinda speaking Norwegian with a Swedish accent :roftl:

Prob not much anyway :naughty:

I am VERY impressed by his language skills! :shocked: You have no problems at all understanding what he's saying in this vid!

Random and completely off topic.. but it's slightly scary how much he reminds me of one of my American cousins when my cousin's doing his best speaking in Swedish..! The tone of his voice, facial expressions, hand gestures, everything! :blink:

...whilst on stage, at one point Mika said...we've been reading the forums!

I can just see them in the tour bus, nothing better to do but get onto MFC and have a hell of a laugh at the things we are writing about them, as the bus speeds along the highways to the next stop of the tour.

They probably have bets on us...fastest report will be that girl with pink hair....best vids should be the one who grabbed Mika's hand etc etc

In fact, I worry about all of us... I think we're getting a little, um...

weird? :mf_rosetinted:

dcdeb

Nah, we are fine. (But I would like to be sweated on....)

Thanks to Kath and Bellatrix for bightening up a very gloomy wet Tokyo day with your reports!!:biggrin2:

I can just see them in the tour bus, nothing better to do but get onto MFC and have a hell of a laugh at the things we are writing about them, as the bus speeds along the highways to the next stop of the tour.

They probably have bets on us...fastest report will be that girl with pink hair....best vids should be the one who grabbed Mika's hand etc etc

Thanks to Kath and Bellatrix for bightening up a very gloomy wet Tokyo day with your reports!!:biggrin2:

haha...that would pass time, i would do the same if i had my own fan club

I wonder what led him to say that they'd been reading the forums

haha...that would pass time, i would do the same if i had my own fan club

I wonder what led him to say that they'd been reading the forums

I think it was before Holy Johnny and he was saying that is wasn't Luke [but it was Richard?!] or something. My mind was mush but I think that was it. :roftl:

I think it was before Holy Johnny and he was saying that is wasn't Luke [but it was Richard?!] or something. My mind was mush but I think that was it. :roftl:

OH....I knew Richard would come into it somewhere!

Yes, that is when it was

We then had to spend the next few hours (until 4:30) wandering the streets until the station opened. But it was worth it! Oh...one last thing...whilst on stage, at one point Mika said...we've been reading the forums!

What did he say this in reference to? Did he just say it out of the blue?