Mika Name Battle Settled

Kelzy

I don't know if this has already been posted, but if so can someone please remove it!! :mf_rosetinted:

from contact music website: 10/11/2007.

http://www.contactmusic.com/news.nsf/article/mika%20name%20battle%20settled_1049586

"British pop star MIKA has been granted permission to perform in Brussels after a woman of the same name appealed to Belgian courts to ban him from entering the country. The relatively unknown reggae singer sued the British musician - real name Mica Penniman - in a bid to stop him from further "ruining" her chance at fame. But a court in Brussels rejected her claims and Penniman's gig at Vorst National on Tuesday (13Nov) will go ahead as planned. Belgian Mika says, "I am not suing him for any money, but for the principle and my name. I had it registered in 1983. He is ruining my career."

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know if this has already been posted, but if so can someone please remove it!! :mf_rosetinted:

from contact music website: 10/11/2007.

http://www.contactmusic.com/news.nsf/article/mika%20name%20battle%20settled_1049586

"British pop star MIKA has been granted permission to perform in Brussels after a woman of the same name appealed to Belgian courts to ban him from entering the country. The relatively unknown reggae singer sued the British musician - real name Mica Penniman - in a bid to stop him from further "ruining" her chance at fame. But a court in Brussels rejected her claims and Penniman's gig at Vorst National on Tuesday (13Nov) will go ahead as planned. Belgian Mika says, "I am not suing him for any money, but for the principle and my name. I had it registered in 1983. He is ruining my career."

I don't know if that is correct. Here the papers said the trial would be postponed till march next year, so the gig at Vorst can go ahead now.:boxed:

She registered her name in 1983 - she had 24 years to get famous then :roftl:

We hadn't even heard about her here in Belgium.

Career? :mfr_lol:

She should get a new name... It would probably help her career, in fact. :mf_rosetinted:

:lmao::roll1::roftl:

the belgian mika is getting on me nerves now:sneaky2: i mean she doesnt need to sue our mika over his name, shes just overreacting way too much over her name, she hasnt made a number 1 either i dont think. it should be her being sued, not our mika. i could really just like put her on the catapult (you know what i mean kelzy:wink2: ) or somethinf else like that:naughty:

the belgian mika is getting on me nerves now:sneaky2: i mean she doesnt need to sue our mika over his name' date=' shes just overreacting way too much over her name, she hasnt made a number 1 either i dont think. it should be her being sued, not our mika. i could really just like put her on the catapult (you know what i mean kelzy:wink2: ) or somethinf else like that:naughty:[/quote']

lol!! Mav I know what you mean..

Belgian Mika - real name Sophie Mikalakoudis please step up to the cross..

X

what shall we throw at her........ssmelly socks with gone off jelly and frog eyes mixed with some of staceys greasy hair?:roftl: :roftl: :roftl:

it needs to be done on gabbly!! lol!!!:roftl:

*loads up smelly socks with gone off jelly and frog eyes mixed with some of staceys greasy hair*

"The relatively unknown reggae singer sued the British musician...He is ruining my career."

IRONIC aye!! :roftl:

What career is she talking about????? Anyway, even if she wins the battle to keep the name, I very much doubt she even have the "career" she had before! Her CDs won't be worth the metal they are made of!

Who on Earth would ever buy her stuff again?

Love today, Mika Penniman rules 4 ever, from Marilyn