Dutch Top 2000, Listener's Choice: vote for Mika

AnnaMariaPetra

You beat me AMP, I was just about to bump this thread. :biggrin2:

I took a quick peek and saw Mika in it twice: Grace Kelly is at number 364 and Relax (Take it Easy) is at number 188! This is not at all bad for such new songs! I am very pleased:thumb_yello: :biggrin2:

Great news, isn't it? :punk: :punk:

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

BTW there are 31 songs from 2007 that made it into the Top 2000.

This is the top 10:

1 Queen Bohemian rhapsody 1975

2 Boudewijn de Groot Avond 1997

3 Eagles Hotel California 1977

4 Deep Purple Child in time 1972

5 Led Zeppelin Stairway to heaven 1971

6 Coldplay Clocks 2003

7 Animals The house of the rising sun 1964

8 U2 One 1992

9 Alan Parsons Project Old and wise 1982

10 Meat Loaf Paradise by the dashboard light 1978

• 2 weeks later...

It was 6.22. I was just parking my car in front of my house when Grace Kelly started. So I turned off the engine and the lights and I stayed in my car for another 4 minutes, listening in the dark. :naughty:

Guess I will miss Relax tomorrow morning - it's due to be played just before 7AM which is probably a bit too early for me. :wink2:

It's too early for me too. I thought a moment about setting the alarmclock at 6.40, but: no. Better not.

I would have thought the dj would mention at least that Grace Kelly was the choice of Hans Schiffers, his collegue. But not a word, not much about Mika either...

Hans Schiffers is airing the last hour of the Top 2000 from his livingroom on his houseboat. :naughty:

You can watch it here (webcam): http://cam1.camcontrol.nl/top2000/cam2008.php

When the no.1 (Queen - Bohemian Raphsody) came up, Mika was mentioned! Only Mika, no other artists... Something about, oh I forgot sorry:blink:

Yup I remember that! Hans was talking with one of his colleagues about the fact that the DJ's had organized campaigns for their favourite song. And then he said there was a connection between Mika and the Top 2000 #1. :naughty:

Ah, now I remember... It was Leo Blokhuis indeed, the colleague of Hans I was talking about. He was on 3FM this afternoon, talking about the Top 2000 and the possible reason why Bohemian Rhapsody is #1 (almost) every year. :naughty:

He is a walking music encyclopedia! :punk:

• 1 year later...

We can send in our lists for the Top2000 again!

This is the website: http://top2000.radio2.nl/stemmen

It is quite simple: you can choose at least 5 and maximum 15 songs for your list. You have to choose at least 5 songs from the standard list, then you click verder. If you want you can fill in max. 5 songs which are not in the list.

Then you click verder again, the computer will ask you to motivate your choice, but it is not an obligation. You can click Oké volgende liedje (Okay, next song) after each song.

Then you have to fill in your address and everything and then you press verder again.

You will get an email in which there is a weblink where you have to submit (bevestigen) your vote.

I hope we, as the MFC, are able to get Mika high up in this very popular Dutch Top 2000!

(Ps. This is the last week that we can vote. I don't know when the deadline is exactely, but on the radio they keep warning is that it is the last week.)

Edited by AnnaMariaPetra