Something you cannot live without. YELLE.

EnFa

I didn't like her music at all, it was just a loud background noise when I saw her in Brixton, it's not as bad as rap but I still found it irritating, and now I have more idea about what she was actually singing then I like her songs even less, not my cup of tea at all, I can see why Mika likes her and Andy totally freaked out like a loon when she was on. Her music when you don't understand a word she is singing is just a a sort of rhythmic loop but rather boring after a few mins.

But hey it takes all sorts to make a world and we can't all like the same things, I also didn't like the 2nd Brixton support band but Palladium is in a totally different league cos they are brilliant.

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't like her music at all, it was just a loud background noise when I saw her in Brixton, it's not as bad as rap but I still found it irritating, and now I have more idea about what she was actually singing then I like her songs even less, not my cup of tea at all, I can see why Mika likes her and Andy totally freaked out like a loon when she was on. Her music when you don't understand a word she is singing is just a a sort of rhythmic loop but rather boring after a few mins.

But hey it takes all sorts to make a world and we can't all like the same things, I also didn't like the 2nd Brixton support band but Palladium is in a totally different league cos they are brilliant.

I believe that for people who have never heard her before it must have been boring after few minutes...

I didn't like her music either, but now I listen to it 24/7 :naughty:

oh give me MUSE any day :naughty::naughty: I want to see them live so bad (my son has seen them twice and I am jealous :sneaky2: I just entered a comp to see if I can win tickets cos I would have to re mortgage the house to go and see them :blink:

Her music when you don't understand a word she is singing is just a a sort of rhythmic loop but rather boring after a few mins.

Ah, I can understand that. I did French up to A-Level, so I at least have some idea of what she's going on about LOL, but without that, I think I'd probably find her music kinda boring too.

As it is, though, well, I enjoyed her music enough while listening to it on YouTube that I got her album :biggrin2: 'Tis very good, IMO. When I first listened to her music on the internet, though, apart from 'Je veux te voir', it did take a while to grow on me.

(Oh, and Muse are indeed teh r0xXor =D )

Guest clementine del'hermuziere

I don't like Yelle, it's very special... And in french she says things erm. Erm. You understand?

Yay! She finally finished making the new video for "Je Veux te Voir" !

Here it is:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FsrN3qxX2Yw

:punk:

I like it. The start's cool, the exercise is random and the club scene is sufficiently weird.

But I think I like the other version better. It feels less dirty without the over-the-top cartoon colours and subtitles. :naughty:

I watched a couple of her videos on youtube last year and I did not like her...

However, my opinion changed completely after the Brixton gig. She was amazing live and thought that most songs were brilliant... . I wish her all the best.:thumb_yello:

yeah... if u like Yelle, u really should check out some of the recent dance hits from Europe....

it's pretty clear that dance music is coming back in the USA ... and around the world...

and everyone knows that the hottest stuff comes from the euros.....check this compilation series on itunes, for example, extremely nasty stuff:

http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZSearch.woa/wa/advancedSearchResults?albumTerm=Euro+Club+Hits+Vol+