Something you cannot live without. YELLE.

EnFa

There's nothing really wrong with that.

But I do like a good, heart felt ballad once and awhile.

Mika knows how to balance the fun tracks with the sadder, more serious ones.

i completely agree. it's the perfect cd all round. hardly found any other artist who can do the same!

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

for those interested, yelle will be performing in montreal at club soda (where mika performed in march 2006)

maybe it has already been posted... but i didn't take the time to check

here is the link

http://www.geg.ca/eng/concerts/redirect.cfm?sectionID=gegConcertBios.cfm&artistID=2342&venueID=60

• 2 weeks later...

http://www.chartattack.com/damn/2008/04/2403.cfm

another piece on Yelle...from canada.

don't stop at the title...there's more to read, as for instance how she and her mates drove across Europe following Mika's fish tank.....

Yelle Enjoys Making Out With Girls And Sex Toys

Thursday April 24, 2008 @ 04:30 PM

By: ChartAttack.com Staff

Remember when Michelle Pfeiffer played Catwoman in Batman Returns? There was the innocent, cute and simple Michelle that most people knew, and then there was the ferociously hot, filthy and slightly evil Michelle. Take away the evil part and you have yourself a matching description of France's new pop princess, Julie Budet, also known as Yelle (a combination of yeah and elle).

By night, Yelle is a sex kitten wrapped in spandex, balloon dresses and neon everything. She declares war on short-dicked men (famously in her joke dis-track "Je Veux Te Voir"). She wants to dance, party, make out with girls, play with her beloved dildo and tell it like it is. By day, she's a very different young woman.

"My real name is Julie and I have a different name to make music because it's like a character of myself," Yelle explains in a thick French accent.

"I live in Britanny [a French province] because I have my family and friends and I live in a little house with a garden. It's cheaper than living in Paris. Here I can make music, go to the sea and walk with my dogs. Yelle is really an extension of me, who finds it easier to talk about sex, love and parties.

"But I'm just a 25-year-old girl in 2008. I'm very concerned about the environment and feminism and politics, but I don't want to talk about that in my songs."

These songs make up Yelle's deliciously danceable Pop-Up debut. With beats created by French electro DJ GrandMarnier and Yelle's playful French rap and kids-on-the-playground style melodies, the duo have created a record of brilliantly big-beated, shameless pop.

"It was important for me to make a light album because in France we have lots of French singers, and they are always talking about sadness and heartbreak, and I wanted to talk about something easier with happy feelings — like sex toys and love between girls," Yelle explains. "It was really nice to make this record as Yelle with easy words and easy feelings."

It's these "easy feelings" that got Yelle and her touring band (GrandMarnier and DJ/producer Tepr) an opening spot on Mika's last tour. The crazy pop caravan took them across Europe and propelled Yelle into hipster dance parties worldwide. Though Yelle raves about her time with Mika's happy cartoon parade, there were some downsides.

"It was a big organization and sometimes it was difficult because we were just the support band, and often it would be four of us in a little room. We also weren't on the tour bus with the crew. We were in our little car and just followed the tour bus. Sometimes it was really hard to take long trips without a driver. Sometimes it was hard to find our way."

Yelle seems to be right on track for the summer, however. She'll have a chance to give Canada a taste when she visits Toronto's Great Hall on April 30 and Montreal's Club Soda on May 2.

—Phil Villeneuve

i think she was a lucky bunny anyway....:wink2:

hey! lovely memories....it's weird not to see Mika after her....:shocked:

at least for me! :naughty: have you ever seen yelle performing?

Yes I saw her at Brixton in December and in February. Yop, Kata and I had a good time dancing when she was on in February. We were in the second row and had lots of room to move around. We also had the French contingent next to us so it was quite rowdy for Yelle's performance.

And yes...I would love to see Mika afterwards! But not this time I'm afraid.

We're going to see another one of his opening acts (Creature) tomorrow night.

Yes I saw her at Brixton in December and in February. Yop, Kata and I had a good time dancing when she was on in February. We were in the second row and had lots of room to move around. We also had the French contingent next to us so it was quite rowdy for Yelle's performance.

And yes...I would love to see Mika afterwards! But not this time I'm afraid.

We're going to see another one of his opening acts (Creature) tomorrow night.

how could i forget! :shocked:

we were there together at brixton! :naughty:

http://www.chartattack.com/damn/2008/04/2403.cfm

another piece on Yelle...from canada.

don't stop at the title...there's more to read, as for instance how she and her mates drove across Europe following Mika's fish tank.....

Yelle Enjoys Making Out With Girls And Sex Toys

Thursday April 24, 2008 @ 04:30 PM

By: ChartAttack.com Staff

Remember when Michelle Pfeiffer played Catwoman in Batman Returns? There was the innocent, cute and simple Michelle that most people knew, and then there was the ferociously hot, filthy and slightly evil Michelle. Take away the evil part and you have yourself a matching description of France's new pop princess, Julie Budet, also known as Yelle (a combination of yeah and elle).

By night, Yelle is a sex kitten wrapped in spandex, balloon dresses and neon everything. She declares war on short-dicked men (famously in her joke dis-track "Je Veux Te Voir"). She wants to dance, party, make out with girls, play with her beloved dildo and tell it like it is. By day, she's a very different young woman.

"My real name is Julie and I have a different name to make music because it's like a character of myself," Yelle explains in a thick French accent.

"I live in Britanny [a French province] because I have my family and friends and I live in a little house with a garden. It's cheaper than living in Paris. Here I can make music, go to the sea and walk with my dogs. Yelle is really an extension of me, who finds it easier to talk about sex, love and parties.

"But I'm just a 25-year-old girl in 2008. I'm very concerned about the environment and feminism and politics, but I don't want to talk about that in my songs."

These songs make up Yelle's deliciously danceable Pop-Up debut. With beats created by French electro DJ GrandMarnier and Yelle's playful French rap and kids-on-the-playground style melodies, the duo have created a record of brilliantly big-beated, shameless pop.

"It was important for me to make a light album because in France we have lots of French singers, and they are always talking about sadness and heartbreak, and I wanted to talk about something easier with happy feelings — like sex toys and love between girls," Yelle explains. "It was really nice to make this record as Yelle with easy words and easy feelings."

It's these "easy feelings" that got Yelle and her touring band (GrandMarnier and DJ/producer Tepr) an opening spot on Mika's last tour. The crazy pop caravan took them across Europe and propelled Yelle into hipster dance parties worldwide. Though Yelle raves about her time with Mika's happy cartoon parade, there were some downsides.

"It was a big organization and sometimes it was difficult because we were just the support band, and often it would be four of us in a little room. We also weren't on the tour bus with the crew. We were in our little car and just followed the tour bus. Sometimes it was really hard to take long trips without a driver. Sometimes it was hard to find our way."

Yelle seems to be right on track for the summer, however. She'll have a chance to give Canada a taste when she visits Toronto's Great Hall on April 30 and Montreal's Club Soda on May 2.

—Phil Villeneuve

i think she was a lucky bunny anyway....:wink2:

"...from canada" Does that mean SHE's from canada or the articile is form canada??

its sorta weird, cuz i dress a lot like Yelle. she is one of my fashion inspirations along with mika, i wish i could have seen her live, instead i saw the Midway State, who was okay, but im sure yelle would have been much better. i really hope she comes to Boston. then i can persuade my french teacher to come with me (haha, guarunteed good grade in her class)