Mika by "Wetten, dass...?"

*Anna*

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Cynthia, my hubby is in entertainment and he knows that if you don't feel 100% it is hard to disguise. I empathise with Mika on how he must be hating doing his songs because he is so tired. People DO see thru the mask sometimes and if you are a perfactionist wanting to give your best, doing it half mast will not do you any favours.

I enjoyed what I saw, but if he was mine, I'd tuck him up and let him sleep for days.

Yeah its just differences of opinion. I just thought Mika looked kinda angry on SYTYCD and really uncomfortable. Well... he always looks uncomfortable doing these kinda performances.

Me too..

I didn't see Martin, so it looked like Mikey was playing the guitar tonight and Sara was just posing as the bassist in his place.

Watch again, they're all faking. Noone is playing.

i agree! i think, it wasn't that bad!!! okay, it was not that mika we know from his concerts, but still, he did a pretty good job!!! i liked that moving flowers :naughty:

but still, i think he felt pretty "uncomfortable" during the interview! seems like he had an amazing time during this sledge-ride and he wanted to talk about it ... i know sledg riding is a fun thing - better than skiing :naughty:

but that "wetten dass" show is - unbelievabel - still the most important german speaking tv show (germany, austria and swisserland) - and millions of people are watching it - and he did the best - i'm pretty sure, there were a lot of people thinking "oh that's the face behind that song"!!!

Oh? *checking* I wasn't paying attention to that, i was busy watching Mika's performance, but it was obvious that Sara wasn't playing the bass.

Well you'll see it's quite obvious.

I would also be pissed off if I were the band. They're musicians, not puppets or comedians. Really... it's insulting for them.

Then you too will know how illness affects your performance if you are under the weather. You must know how it feels. Mika is in the spotlight for us all to either pick to bits or crave every movement on here. I just desperately feel so sorry for him having to fulfil his commitments when he's already been on tour over a year!

Well you'll see it's quite obvious.

I would also be pissed off if I were the band. They're musicians, not puppets or comedians. Really... it's insulting for them.

Exactly. I think it was the same thing during So You Think You Can Dance. I dont think they were playing their instruments. That's why, in my opinion, Mika didn't look like he was enjoying himself... And maybe he messed up the lyrics to proove that he wasn't lip syncing or something. Make sense? lol.

Exactly. I think it was the same thing during So You Think You Can Dance. I dont think they were playing their instruments. That's why, in my opinion, Mika didn't look like he was enjoying himself... And maybe he messed up the lyrics to proove that he wasn't lip syncing or something. Make sense? lol.

I can't tell I don't remember SYTYCD so well... it was agggges ago :) I thought they had played live that night... I should watch it again but can't find the vid anymore grrrrr.

I don't think Mika would have messed up on purpose though, not his style :)

I can't tell I don't remember SYTYCD so well... it was agggges ago :) I thought they had played live that night... I should watch it again but can't find the vid anymore grrrrr.

I don't think Mika would have messed up on purpose though, not his style :)

yeah probably not.. lol

i cant find it eitherr maybe fox removed all of the videos that were on youtube.

What is this SYTYCD? Is it another performance on wetten dass?

"So You Think You Can Dance".

It was an american tv show back in... July if i ain't mistaking.

It wasn't one of Mika's best performances either, he kinda messed up the lyrics and all but I really think it was good compared to what we witnessed tonight.

http://fr.youtube.com/watch?v=G6a4_Pt8eQI

I thought at least Martin was really playing on SYTYCD.

Mika was definitely singing live.

I liked that performance, I don't know why, first time I ever saw him probably!

Leona

Oh thanks!!!! Hahahaha I'm so glad to see it again.

Well see, in my opinion, he's having fun here, he's hopping around and all. Even when he sings the wrong lines, he laughs about it.

Totally different from what happened tonight.

I absolutely agree with you.

I hope his management didn't force him to do the show tonight,

I feel badly for all of them, it would have been better to cancel, perhaps...

He looks soooo tired! Give the poor guy a break!

Leona

Oh Thanks ever so for posting the link fo that. I have never seen it before and ddin't know about the performance.

You can certainly tell a difference in energy levels can't you?

Thanks again

I absolutely agree with you.

I hope his management didn't force him to do the show tonight,

I feel badly for all of them, it would have been better to cancel, perhaps...

He looks soooo tired! Give the poor guy a break!

Leona

Yeah he sould be in his bed having rest! He really needs a break, this is getting worse and worse. :(

Watched it..

Actually, the whole band (martin..:sneaky2:) did a great job due the circumstances. But they can´t force the machine anymore...The machine is almost broken right now

But for god´s sake..leave them rest, specially Mika! THEY NEED IT!! :crybaby:

SYTYCD was on July 26, 2007. (I'll never forget that day!)

My friend Tivo-d it, and I must have made her replay it 100 times!

I adore those electric-blue pants.

I love how bouncy he is, who cares if the one line was messed up?

I'd rather wait a while and see Mika bouncy & happy than droopy & tired.

Leona

It wasn't so bad...but it does remind me of his December 2nd, Carling Academy Brixton performance. Not showcasing anything "extra" and almost leaving you feeling guilty for expecting more from him in his condition. :blink:

Mika - we hope you are on Santa's good boy list. This way he can leave you with the gift of a proper tour schedule for 2008 or a remedy to your boost your immune system.

SYTYCD was on July 26, 2007. (I'll never forget that day!)

My friend Tivo-d it, and I must have made her replay it 100 times!

I adore those electric-blue pants.

I love how bouncy he is, who cares if the one line was messed up?

I'd rather wait a while and see Mika bouncy & happy than droopy & tired.

Leona

Lol what a good memory!

I wasn't mistaking saying July, I'm getting better each day myself ;)

Well I actually found that lyrics-blur kinda funny back at the time, especially cause he looked like he found it funny too when he realized it. And he did a great job "hiding" it.

http://fr.youtube.com/watch?v=G6a4_Pt8eQI

I thought at least Martin was really playing on SYTYCD.

Mika was definitely singing live.

I liked that performance, I don't know why, first time I ever saw him probably!

Leona

haha I loved it! Mika was having a great time in SYTYCD...today he was wrecked compared to that show in July. And that messing of the lyrics, it's fun, 'cause he tried to fix it with style. Like a real artist does :wink2:

Ok so I finally got to watch it...and just to compare I also watched SYTYCD.

I must admit that there's a big difference between them IMO!

In the US show he does seem all full of energy and like he's sort of enjoying it, whereas in Austria it really looks like he's trying hard to do it properly but it's taking him a lot of effort, if that makes any sense...

I don't think that Mika's performance here was "bad", because he is a professional and he doesn't give bad shows, and whether he's more or less energetic he still always delivers, but there did seem to be a clear lack of vitality and he just looks drawn and tired.

To be quite frank, in my opinion some opinions about his performance are a bit exagerated, as I don't think that he looks THAT ill or that awful... :wink2:

In my eyes he just sounds hoarse and looks exhausted and like he needs a good rest, but I think that he seemed sicker last Sunday in Brixton.

It's hard to say because all we're seeing here is a one song TV appearance, and I would imagine that it's hard to get into things for him as well.

One thing that I've always noticed at his gigs is that he always needs to "get into it" himself and that during the first song (coincidentally it's Relax) always seems to me like he's very tense and "spaced out" if that makes any sense. Then after this he loosens up and gets into the swing of things.

Here he is only singing one song which is Relax, so maybe part of what we're seeing is also that? Maybe this song requires more concentration from him than say, Grace Kelly??

Who knows!

In any case I don't think that it helps that he's singing without having Martin on stage there, who is ALWAYS his companion even if there's no full band (so many of his promo work in the past he's done only with Martin).

Surely this whole reshuffle of band members must also affect him...plus the fact that they're not playing live music...I'm sure that he prefers the "real" deal where everything is live and properly done.

Oh, and I think that it was an incredibly poor decision to have Saranayde just "holding" the bass- :boxed:I mean WTF is that??

If you're going to play an instrument, play it, but holding it just makes her look really silly and instead of adding to the show, it makes things look downright ridiculous.

I mean, Mickey, Cherisse and Luke managed to "look" a bit more realistic, no?

I think that having her do that, coupled with her weird moves, just didn't help matters at all. She totally looked like a flowerpot.

Sorry for all the Saranayde fans out there but imo this was just stupid- She can sing very well, has a great voice, but I think that that is where the line should be drawn.

On a positive note, I loved the decor with all the cartoon stuff, the "burning" couch, and Mika's open shirt.

He just looked very "slick" if that's the word. Not that I like the granny hair though :roftl:.

Oh and also the interviewer- What's wrong with that guy?! Could he BE anymore akward? Or horrible?

Mika looked quite uncomfortable with him, and that last move where Mika was walking towards him and he PUSHED him back?:blink: I couldn't believe it.

:wink2: Oh well- Review over

Let's just hope that now he REALLY takes a holiday, because he desperately needs it and he's got a lot of shows to do in jan-feb for which he has to get well for.

I want our lovely bubbly Mika back:sneaky2::wub2: