I was on the phone with someone from the forum last night who told me about the renaming of this thread.

I am really shocked and surprised at what you people have done.

The word "QUEER" is an INSULT, it is a derogative term used to qualify GAY people. The term gay qualifies men and women alike so I don't see the problem.

I will NOT have my name associated with an insult towards GAY people. If you don't like the name, create your own thread.

Moreover, nobody asked me about renaming this thread. This is just preposterous. It has to go back to its original name, there is no discussion about it, I do not want my name next to an insult people suffer from every day.

This is just ridiculous.

Oh Aurelien!

I did wonder about why you would have called it "queer" I thought it wasn't as good as gay either.

So glad to know you didn't do it. I support the gay thread ;)

I don't thinkl I would really post on a queer thread simply because I don't much like the word which is one of the minor reasons I rarely come here anymore. I referred to the gay thread as my home thread and it's like having a new last name; it's just not the same.

I dn't oppose a queer thread being made so by all means make one but I still have loyalty to TGT.

Rebeka, I'm so sorry to hear what happened to you for the rooms but maybe do you think that the site meant that it wasn't UNISEX rather than simply non-lesbian? As in like when you have girls and boys rooms in a camp?

I don't find the acronym inclusive at all... Well no more than say "the apple man" or "Mika's fancy chicken" or threads for tv shows or characters. If you don't want the acrynom (how to spell that anyway???) then maybe there should be no more "Who's going to buy Russel Brand's booky wook?" thread and all. I didn't know who he was to begin with and thought it was a brand of book or something and felt odd posting in that thread too, but in the end, all I had to do was ASK and I learned about who he was and was all the more knowledgable for it.

*hides for my safety after all my political comments*

Peace x

Gosh Rebecca you're making such a big deal for god's sake. Just keep posting if you want to, we're not kids anymore. If it helps change the title in your mind that way you can imagin it says "QUEER" instead of gay, would that help?:roftl:

Lets just go back to posting and stop this nonsense!:punk:

I don't find the acronym inclusive at all... Well no more than say "the apple man" or "Mika's fancy chicken" or threads for tv shows or characters. If you don't want the acrynom (how to spell that anyway???) then maybe there should be no more "Who's going to buy Russel Brand's booky wook?" thread and all. I didn't know who he was to begin with and thought it was a brand of book or something and felt odd posting in that thread too, but in the end, all I had to do was ASK and I learned about who he was and was all the more knowledgable for it.

Peace x

I'm sorry but I have no idea what you are talking about.:blink:

I have never been in that thread and know I feel really stupid, can you please explain what it is?:blush-anim-cl:

• 3 weeks later...
ciao cattivissimo! :floor:

dunno about Paris, it must been awesome innit?

Yesterday there was a colorful&funny parade in Bologna too, plus an electro gig{Ellen Allien}:pbjt:

http://it.youtube.com/watch?v=hrEvgKREBrw

Ciao Grettissima :punk: thanks for the link !! have you by any chance been to the gay pride ? the picture with the man handling a poster with ''Gli Italiani ci obbligano a prostituirci'' shocked me :shocked: is that true ??

My friend is gay, and he's the best :thumb_yello:

I'm glad to live in the netherlands, where gay people are more accepted then anywhere, I don't see why gay people are less then straight people.

thx hun' and too right you are :wink2: unfortunately this isn't the situation everywhere :thumbdown:

My T-shirt I am hand making says

100% Proud Bisexual

and then the phrase "I'm not confused! are you confused?"

Then on the back...10 myths of Bisexuality and I often wear the Bi colours.

of course so many people don't know what they are and just like my jewelry !

My T-shirt I am hand making says

100% Proud Bisexual

and then the phrase "I'm not confused! are you confused?"

Then on the back...10 myths of Bisexuality and I often wear the Bi colours.

of course so many people don't know what they are and just like my jewelry !

Really? That sounds REALLY cool!!! You outfit sounds totally creative and awesome:wink2:

It's pride-week in Norway this week, with celebration of the new marriage law last weekend, pride parade this weekend, and loads of concerts and events going on every day.. attended gay parade wearing my "I don't even think straight" button and my rainbow flag. And rainbow bracelets from here to eternity :roftl:

It's pride-week in Norway this week, with celebration of the new marriage law last weekend, pride parade this weekend, and loads of concerts and events going on every day.. attended gay parade wearing my "I don't even think straight" button and my rainbow flag. And rainbow bracelets from here to eternity :roftl:

Are there any straight people that go to gay pride events? I would really like to go to one because they look so fun, but I would be scared they would know and kick me out :lmfao: If I were gay I would definitely wear this tank top I found that says We are everywhere. with a little rainbow :naughty:

I think there are loads! I think a lot of gay/bi people bring their straight friends along and everybody parties together.. At least here.

I have two straight friends who'll be coming along next year :thumb_yello:

That sounds like so much fun! I hope you all have a blast :yay:

I'm sorry but I have no idea what you are talking about.:blink:

I have never been in that thread and know I feel really stupid, can you please explain what it is?:blush-anim-cl:

Hey all!

Sorry, I just saw this post, havn't been on lots up till last week sometime so excuse me for the late reply :o

What part of it don't you get?

Soon there will be a fair close to my home, it's one of the biggest of europe en there are always honderthousands of people coming.

And one of those these is calles 'pink monday' and last year 350,000 people came, it's specialy for gay/bi people but a lot of straight people come cause everyone looks amaaazing :naughty:

don't forget the free drinks they get from all the pubs :naughty:

here are some pics to explain...

corso%202006%20003.jpgcorso%202006%20053.jpgafb2.gif I'm planning on going this year :thumb_yello:

Soon there will be a fair close to my home, it's one of the biggest of europe en there are always honderthousands of people coming.

And one of those these is calles 'pink monday' and last year 350,000 people came, it's specialy for gay/bi people but a lot of straight people come cause everyone looks amaaazing :naughty:

don't forget the free drinks they get from all the pubs :naughty:

here are some pics to explain...

corso%202006%20003.jpgcorso%202006%20053.jpgafb2.gif I'm planning on going this year :thumb_yello:

I can't wait! boy all that pink! you see I love really turning things upside down. I don't think there will be a bi entry this year! HOWEVER i will put an anouncement that I will be following the parade at the end with the masses

and I will have some kind of party favour like buttons ( will go look for buttons) . i want people to know I AM NOT INVISIBLE ..i am doing this for my bi friends and family who are too scared to open up in situations like these.!!!

Hello people! I`m glad to see this thread moving on :thumb_yello:

On Saturday I was with 2 other girls from MFC (Barunka & Martinibaby) on a queer parade ([url]www.queerparade.cz[/url]..[SIZE="1"]Aurelien must be fainting now :naughty: sorry, couldn` help it[/SIZE]) which took place in the second largest town in Czech Republic called Brno. Martina Navratilova, the tennis legend who is originnaly from Czechoslovakia, by chance exactly from this town of Brno and is an open lesbian sent a supporting message, it was read on the parade and is also on the web page (also in English).

All in all it was fun until a group of men in black marched into the square screaming "resistence!" attacked us.. it was rather scary. But then the police chased them out and succeded to keep them away from us on the square and during the march in the streets. The extremists threw eggs, there were some noisy exploisions, tear gas. 20 people were injured. To Martinibaby one idiot cracked her balloon which then hit her in the bosom, and they also stepped on her lovely yellow shoes. Nothing serious happened to us but it was scary..

This was in Czech Republic. In the country where I live - Slovakia - there are no queer/pride parades whatsoever, they would probably end much worse then the one in Czech Reublic.

We have a sort of Queer Parade here... In Cape Town... actually its a festival. I found a wonderful picture in a magazine of three guys dressed up as Playboy Bunnies....I love it....:original:

Happens once a year, though I'm not sure of the actual dates...

That sounds like an.. interesting day :bleh: It seemed like a scary experience, but hopefully you all got to have a bit of fun too!

Yes yes. For example people got colourful balloons and in the end we let them all go, it was beautiful! It remined me/us of Mika and his concerts.. There were also cool belly dancers, travestie show.. loads of rainbow flags, balloons, crazy dressed people, music..