heey, I dont understand if its a gay thread why are ladies over here :boxed::naughty: :naughty: :naughty: :naughty: :naughty:

We are everywhere! :naughty:

Hello David, and welcome! "Gay" includes gay men and lesbian women as well, and as this is extremly friendly thread, there are all the other sorts of people too. Just come in and enjoy yourself.

"Gay" can be used to refer to lesbians too. But technichally I'd prefer if this thread were renamed as "The Queer Thread" as that would include homosexuals, bisexuals, transexuals, pansexuals, whatever-other-combination-you-can-think-of-sexuals and bi-curious people. This thread is for all of the above as well as for open-minded straight people. :thumb_yello:

:thumb_yello: Well said Scuttie

otherwise there would be no way to fit me in this wonderful thread...

Welcome, Long! Your reputation preceeds you!

Wow, your work sounds amazing! I have great respect for people who can see the bigger picture and, rather than be daunted by it and recede to a mundane life, actually work towards making it better. :thumb_yello:

I look forward to hearing more from you. And watching you shoot to celebrity status here like Freddie. :naughty:

Thank you and my next martini will be in your honour!

Hey Romis...good thinking!!!!!!!!:)

the queer thread would be good ..and speaking of honesty............I am honest and trust me I would not lie to you guys!..............I tell you like it is!if I like someone I will not hold back...holding back has caused me lots of problems!!!!!!!!! so there! The "Queer" name would encompase all of us!

Bi, Bi curious, gay , lesbian etc..and I am say I am bisexual and not ashamed by it or confused by it or searching for anything that isn't there. ..I have said in the past I have no gender and its regardless of gender perhaps..but that is not the way I feel . I like women , I like men..and its deeper than some sexual urge ( although it certainly at times I do have it) and I am proud of it and prefer to stay by that .Its less confusing. Any other bisexual folk on here agree with me? its an orientation by itself and not going to try to be someone I am not! I am sort of on a rant for some reason ..do excuse me!

Lately ( not necessarily here) I feel that being bi is somehow inferior to being heterosexual with queer tendencies. I am not heterosexual. I am happy for everyone to be who they want to be and happy that they love their life as they are!

....:) meanwhile! hope everyone had a great Christmas! what did everyone do ? My parents are falling in love with MIKA and his music so much..they almost think of him like they are looking at a son they didn't have.That is how unique he is..its something I thought I would never see. its so beautiful!

see you later , my dears! see you later!

love Suzanne

I`m an anarchist too! Quiz: "Until we shatter everything, there will be only ruins."

I'm anarchist in the most positive way, i don't like to shatter things just for the pleasure of it. I'm more sarcastic than anarchic in that respect. constructive irony. :mf_rosetinted:

happy boxing day, everyone. :yay:

"Gay" can be used to refer to lesbians too. But technichally I'd prefer if this thread were renamed as "The Queer Thread" as that would include homosexuals, bisexuals, transexuals, pansexuals, whatever-other-combination-you-can-think-of-sexuals and bi-curious people. This thread is for all of the above as well as for open-minded straight people. :thumb_yello:

Don`t forget about us toysexuals. (By toys I mean toys).

I 100% agree that this thread should be renamed to "Queer thread" or maybe to "Queer thread (ex Gay thread)" so that we wouldn`t lose the historical connection and also because not all the people know what "queer" means, but everyone knows what "gay" means. A thread can be renamed only by its creator which is in this case Aurelien, what a pity it was not you Scutmo who created it. Aurelien withdrew himself somehow, never mind, maybe you can PM him and ask him to rename the thread for us?

I'm anarchist in the most positive way, i don't like to shatter things just for the pleasure of it. I'm more sarcastic than anarchic in that respect. constructive irony. :mf_rosetinted:

Avoca, the shattering was ment symbolically. You don`t have to do a bomb sabotage or shoot out the parliament or vatikan. You can destroy the system by your sarcasm, yes! Viva la revolucion!

BTW my nickname is Rebelia (derived from Rebeka).

But technichally I'd prefer if this thread were renamed as "The Queer Thread" as that would include homosexuals, bisexuals, transexuals, pansexuals, whatever-other-combination-you-can-think-of-sexuals and bi-curious people. This thread is for all of the above as well as for open-minded straight people. :thumb_yello:

If you all agree, just let me know -- Aurelien, who started the thread,

can edit his post, but he can't change the name of the thread. But

I will if you want me to -- and to avoid confusion for anyone who

hasn't been here for a while, I could change it to "The Queer Thread"

(formerly The Gay Thread)... but whatever, lmk.

happy boxing day, everyone. :yay:

Yes, Happy Boxing Day! :)

dcdeb

If you all agree, just let me know -- Aurelien, who started the thread,

can edit his post, but he can't change the name of the thread. But

I will if you want me to -- and to avoid confusion for anyone who

hasn't been here for a while, I could change it to "The Queer Thread"

(formerly The Gay Thread)... but whatever, lmk.

That`s great, Deb, but please wait until all the residents agree, we are democrats you know. :wink2:

That`s great, Deb, but please wait until all the residents agree, we are democrats you know. :wink2:

LOL! Absolutely, Rebeka! I wouldn't change it until I was asked! :thumb_yello:

dcdeb

I learn something in here all the time! Didn't know that the "queer" term encompassed all of those orientations. For some reason I always felt a "negative" connotation with the word "queer". I dunno - its the same feeling I get when I hear the word "tolerance". It somehow makes it sound like those who are labelled under those terms are "sub par" to the the rest of society. But hey, maybe my perspective is skewd due to having less exposure to the word than you. Regardless, I'll continue participate in this thread regardless of what its called. :thumb_yello:

Ladies & Gents, the 10 top posters on the Gay thread are:

REBEKA

Matt1984

avoca

elanorelle

Scut Monkey

Aurelien

Diana

Lolliepop_girl

ircazo

greta

But as Scut Monkey usually replies to several posts in one post and often in length, my list is not exact, it is just about the number of posts, nothing more, nothing less.

You can see the post statistics of a specific thread when you are in the forums control panel, you press the number of posts next to the thread you want to check.

I don’t believe I have been here long enough to have a say in the matter but it sounds good to me.:original:

I’m not even able to label myself, the older I get the more confused I seem to be, funny isn’t it?:wink2:

Any way I use to work together with my friends to create the Stockholm Pride, and next summer it’s going to be Euro Pride in Stockholm!:thumb_yello:

I’m not even able to label myself, the older I get the more confused I seem to be, funny isn’t it?:wink2:

Any way I use to work together with my friends to create the Stockholm Pride, and next summer it’s going to be Euro Pride in Stockholm!:thumb_yello:

Fascinating, tell us more (if you wish).

About Euro Pride, the little I know is that there are going to be bigger than ever and people from other countries around Europe are coming to participate.

It’s really exciting, and takes a lot of planning.

Last summer I was working as a volunteer, my job was to hand out equipment as tools and raincoats (it was raining most of the two weeks).

We got free access to the park, restaurants, artists performing and everything, book tents with lectures by authors. I had the time of my life and meet a lot of new friends.:thumb_yello:

I had a strange sensation about gay parades and that kind of stuff...I mean

Here in all the events are transvestites and gay people in bright underwear or half naked, shouting things to people around there, making noise and riot and dirt in the city...sometimes even doing private things on the street; it's always a problem.

Some people, due to that attitude, started to hate gay people because of that, telling that all gays are ridiculous and bothering and disrespectful ('cause those ones I mentioned, they really bother people sometimes)...

So all were put in the same bag...people tends to do that.

So, I'm not homophobic, you know that, but I can hardly see those things, 'cause I know that many gay people is not like that....but people like my family thinks so.

And BTW, they always say they would never accept it if one of their sons or daughters is gay. They prefer the death. Imagine the weight on my shoulders when I hear that :( .

And BTW, they always say they would never accept it if one of their sons or daughters is gay. They prefer the death. Imagine the weight on my shoulders when I hear that :( .

Oh, it breaks my heart to hear that!:sad:

The most cheered and honoured part of the Pride Parade in my town is the proud parents.

Both parents of gay kids and adults and the people who has children of their own.

But I have listened to many stories of people who have moved away from their hometowns and families too, just to be able to live their own lives and not be judged and looked at as strange.:thumb_yello:

Avoca, the shattering was ment symbolically. You don`t have to do a bomb sabotage or shoot out the parliament or vatikan. You can destroy the system by your sarcasm, yes! Viva la revolucion!

BTW my nickname is Rebelia (derived from Rebeka).

we keep misunderstanding each other... :bleh: I also meant shatter symbolically. that's why I wrote CONSTRUCTIVE irony. I am very sarcastic, much before it got fashionable to be. LOL :naughty: but though I cannot restrain from making irony over things almost all the time, I like to think positive in the end, even if I can't always manage to do it successfully.:boxed: maybe I'm a fake optimist :naughty:

ehm.. may I may be the devil's advocate again..? :blink: I LOVE the title GAY THREAD. it sums up the topic, the different views over sexuality and it's NOT strictly re. to homosexual males.

QUEER THREAD is not as poignant, plus the word queer is not one of my fave.. it's like calling a gay person one of those.. like pretending to be kind, but instead being nasty in the end.. :blush-anim-cl:

I hope you get what I mean: not intending to offend anyone, that's just my humble pov. :wink2:

That's heartbreaking :( I'm so sorry.

Sadly, though, I have had several friends over the years whose

parents have said the same thing to them --

I don't understand how a parent could even

*think* that, much less say it so that their children would hear it. :no:

dcdeb

Good evening darlings, it is an honour to be posting my 700th post on the Gay Thread ;)

So I was at "the shop" today and I had $25 to spend and so ONE cd.

Unfortunately I wanted Rihanna, Josh Groban AND Calvin Harris!

So I was there for half an hour and then my mother comes to the store door and yells "KHAYLA!" and I was like quick, make a discision and grabed Calvin Harris.

Only problem was that my mother wasn't having a good day and she wouldn't let me get it so I put them all down and went.

My grandad took me back later and I went to find the CH cd but where I'd left them (in a pile of books) there was the Rihanna cd and JG (Which there were many copies of around the store) but the VERY LAST CH cd as it was, had been found and bought :(

So I don't have any cds and I wouldn't talk to my mother and she was like "Why are you so upset? it's just a cd!" in a really remourceless way and I was like "Because music is all I have!" and she shoots bach at me: "Well maybe you should learn how to make some friends!"

God, if she dies a slow and painful death I swear to MIKA I will not cry at her funeral!

She does this kind of thing all the time!

BUT I take part of the blame for not realising the logic in the three cd's for choice: If in doubt, choose the one who's friends with Mika.

If this fails choose the one that Mika likes most.

If that fails, take the MFC aproved one.

Closest to Mika: Calvin Harris

One Mika likes: Rihanna

MFC aproved: Josh Groban

Dammit! So simple!

Good evening darlings, it is an honour to be posting my 700th post on the Gay Thread ;)

So I was at "the shop" today and I had $25 to spend and so ONE cd.

Unfortunately I wanted Rihanna, Josh Groban AND Calvin Harris!

So I was there for half an hour and then my mother comes to the store door and yells "KHAYLA!" and I was like quick, make a discision and grabed Calvin Harris.

Only problem was that my mother wasn't having a good day and she wouldn't let me get it so I put them all down and went.

My grandad took me back later and I went to find the CH cd but where I'd left them (in a pile of books) there was the Rihanna cd and JG (Which there were many copies of around the store) but the VERY LAST CH cd as it was, had been found and bought :(

So I don't have any cds and I wouldn't talk to my mother and she was like "Why are you so upset? it's just a cd!" in a really remourceless way and I was like "Because music is all I have!" and she shoots bach at me: "Well maybe you should learn how to make some friends!"

God, if she dies a slow and painful death I swear to MIKA I will not cry at her funeral!

She does this kind of thing all the time!

BUT I take part of the blame for not realising the logic in the three cd's for choice: If in doubt, choose the one who's friends with Mika.

If this fails choose the one that Mika likes most.

If that fails, take the MFC aproved one.

Closest to Mika: Calvin Harris

One Mika likes: Rihanna

MFC aproved: Josh Groban

Dammit! So simple!

Oh but there was a happy ending, my aunty said she'd get me Ri and CH and so I just have to get JG now.

Yay, thank you aunty!

LGBTQ?

Lesbian, gay, bisexual, trans genderal...

What is the Q?

It stands for Queer. I discussed it above, that some people use the term to encompass anything non-heterosexual whereas others use it as an actual orientation of its own and a small number of others unfortunately use it as an insult (but that is receding).

scut....how are you today, my dear!

I am feeling awesome today!

3000 posts! woot!

I feel most cheeky today...please don't stop me!

hehehe

as my uncle said:

Sticks and stones may break my bones

but whips and chains excite me!

heheh...........