MikaManiacs.com : A CALL TO MFC-ERS!

Niki27

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

some interviews are really too stupid to be shown to the world. some really ask for being buried and forgotten :sneaky2:

Mouahaha well I have no idea what they're talking about in the NDR vid actualy since I don't speak a word of German :biggrin2:

Mouahaha well I have no idea what they're talking about in the NDR vid actualy since I don't speak a word of German :biggrin2:

seems like the translator doesnt speak german as well. or even english. i'm almost halfway through it (and embarrassed because i live here. omg. :boxed:).

seems like the translator doesnt speak german as well. or even english. i'm almost halfway through it (and embarrassed because i live here. omg. :boxed:).

Is it that bad? You're making me really curious now !!

I'm going to subtitle the "Sept à Huit" interview, I dont think it has been done before.

Is it that bad? You're making me really curious now !!

I'm going to subtitle the "Sept à Huit" interview, I dont think it has been done before.

the comtent of the interview is, well, "normal" (born in beirut, father taken hostage, already been a musician at the age of 11, freddie mercury blabla.) - it's just the way it's done. you really notoce that they have actually no idea who he is; the translstor has no idea what he is saying or how to translate the stuff correctly (as he obviously hasn't done any research on mika which is something one should, i think, do when you are expected to translate something. one should know what this person might be talking about so that the right vocabulary is available.)

mika's problem is that he is trying to listen to the woman talking to him (because otherwise it would be more than unfriendly) while listening to the man in his ear as well. but he is doing a really good job - because HE is prepared. :sneaky2:

the comtent of the interview is, well, "normal" (born in beirut, father taken hostage, already been a musician at the age of 11, freddie mercury blabla.) - it's just the way it's done. you really notoce that they have actually no idea who he is; the translstor has no idea what he is saying or how to translate the stuff correctly (as he obviously hasn't done any research on mika which is something one should, i think, do when you are expected to translate something. one should know what this person might be talking about so that the right vocabulary is available.)

mika's problem is that he is trying to listen to the woman talking to him (because otherwise it would be more than unfriendly) while listening to the man in his ear as well. but he is doing a really good job - because HE is prepared. :sneaky2:

Ooooooh don't be too cruel. I'm a professional interpreter, like this guy, and yes in theory we're supposed to do some research before translating. Trouble is that sometimes they call you like 2 hours in advance and things get a little bit complicated. I had my share of tricky situations where I had no clue who the person I was interpreting was :naughty:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
sounds really interesting. My best wishes for your project. Let me know if I can be of any help.

I have offered to help with different things, and I have the time, because I am medically retired, and I am a writer, but up to now my offers haven't been taken up. Hope you have more luck.

Love today, from Marilyn

Hi lads and ladies !

I guess most of you have heard of MikaManiacs.com... This project is now in the making.

MikaManiacs.com will be a new site dedicated to Mika and his universe.

* It will have detailed media reviews, but they will be categorised, easy to find, and all comments will be kept seperate.

* It will have videos, images, photos etc, each categorised and in date format.

* It will be more of a magazine/showcase than a forum, therefore all you will see is the best content, so you won't have to read through 20 pages of chat to find a review or photo etc...

* It will be officially the sister site for MFC, so it will help make MFC even stronger, and will help promote Mika to even more people.

We’re now looking for a few (extremely) motivated people who would be interested in taking part to this projet as writers/investigators/editors. This will be a time-taking and hard job! If you think you’re a committed, passionate, creative, artistic, talented editor, translator or whatever and are keen to participate please let me know! (Post here or PM me). We’ll select the most motivated MFC-ers on basis of your arguments J

Thanks in advance for your support!!

Love,

Niki27.

I like it so much I'll wait be part of this site

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

would love to help put but I'm starting Uni in a few days it will only be a short 10 weeks i'm there but it may get in the way i don't know

but If you want help with photo's or something i'm happy to help if you like

i dont know just let me know if you want help from me

:roftl: Oh, no!:roftl:

Canal Plus had it removed from youtube!:shocked:

Yes, ages ago... :(

would love to help put but I'm starting Uni in a few days it will only be a short 10 weeks i'm there but it may get in the way i don't know

but If you want help with photo's or something i'm happy to help if you like

i dont know just let me know if you want help from me

Thanks, but with the new Mikasounds website etc, I don't think Mikamaniacs will ever be born...