dcdeb

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

OLd life - Am fat life today!!!

Speaking of fat, carrie...well you can only imagine what my new year's resolution is again for the 17th time! I'm contemplating doing yoga once a week - but I can't see that helping me lose weight. Obviously, I suppose I should be incorporating some cardio...I'm asking you because you're the fitness guru 'round here.

me....serious 'hit the gym' mode tomorrow....don't usually do gym..I just prefer swimming...but I went up there the other day..to have a look at santas grotto (It's ok...you don't have to understand)...and there was this amazing looking cross trainer thingy that I liked the look of so I thought I might give it a go.

Now..I have Totally forgotten what I was going to say and I feel certain it was important!

me....serious 'hit the gym' mode tomorrow....don't usually do gym..I just prefer swimming...but I went up there the other day..to have a look at santas grotto (It's ok...you don't have to understand)...and there was this amazing looking cross trainer thingy that I liked the look of so I thought I might give it a go.

Now..I have Totally forgotten what I was going to say and I feel certain it was important!

Ha ha :roftl: - for a moment there, I thought you were referring to some hot hunk of a man in gym shorts. :naughty:

Hi Suzy :biggrin2:

Hi Suzy...like your graphic!

Remebered what I was going to say....but now forgotten again as i got distracted by suzy's good/evil thing..this is totally ridiculous!

I like it too - its really clever - and took me a while to

see the EVIL in it!!!! :naughty:

Hi Suzy!!

LOts of cardio = just cant be bothered to get me arse out there!!!

Yes the old adage less eneregy in - more energy out!

Wendi - yup - evie is back on THurs and theo on mon!

What about yrs?

Mine all go back next Monday, and Uni starts up on the 14th :thumb_yello:

Quick....before I forget again! Have you noticed that the Gay parsnip boys advert is on Mika's myspace page?

*goes to check it out*

ANd "Hi" Wendi! *waves to Wendi*

Kath - why was Santas grotto at the gym?? and whydid you go to see it??

Just over the road from us is a holiday village...Dave works there....and therfore we get to use the facilities for free. I usually just use the pool..have never even ventured up to the gym before but Dave said that Santa's grotto was up there and I should go and have a look..so I did

Just over the road from us is a holiday village...Dave works there....and therfore we get to use the facilities for free. I usually just use the pool..have never even ventured up to the gym before but Dave said that Santa's grotto was up there and I should go and have a look..so I did

Have you seen Jemma's thread about losing weight? Babs and

others are involved :thumb_yello:

I like this - we should make it the thread Motto!

Old Age, I have decided, is a gift.

I am now, probably for the first time in my life, the person I have always wanted to be. Oh, not my body! I sometime despair over my body, the wrinkles, the baggy eyes, and the sagging butt. And often I am taken aback by that old person that lives in my mirror (who looks like my mother!), but I don't agonize over those things for long.

I would never trade my amazing friends, my wonderful life, my loving family for less gray hair or a flatter belly. As I've aged, I've become more kind to myself, and less critical of myself. I've become my own friend.

I don't chide myself for eating that extra cookie, or for not making my bed, or for buying that silly cement gecko that I didn't need, but looks so avante garde on my patio. I am entitled to a treat, to be messy, to be extravagant.

I have seen too many dear friends leave this world too soon; before they understood the great freedom that comes with aging.

Whose business is it if I choose to read or play on the computer until 4 AM and sleep until noon?

I will dance with myself to those wonderful tunes of the 60&70's, and if I, at the same time, wish to weep over a lost love ... I will.

I will walk the beach in a swim suit that is stretched over a bulging body, and will dive into the waves with abandon if I choose to, despite the pitying glances from the jet set.

They, too, will get old.

I know I am sometimes forgetful. But there again, some of life is just as well forgotten. And I eventually remember the important things.

Sure, over the years my heart has been broken. How can your heart not break when you lose a loved one, or when a child suffers, or even when somebody's beloved pet gets hit by a car? But broken hearts are what give us strength and understanding and compassion. A heart never broken is pristine and sterile and will never know the joy of being imperfect.

I am so blessed to have lived long enough to have my hair turning gray, and to have my youthful laughs be forever etched into deep grooves on my face. So many have never laughed, and so many have died before their hair could turn silver.

As you get older, it is easier to be positive. You care less about what other people think. I don't question myself anymore. I've even earned the right to be wrong.

So, to answer your question, I like being old. It has set me free. I like the person I have become. I am not going to live forever, but while I am still here, I will not waste time lamenting what could have been, or worrying about what will be. And I shall eat dessert every single day. (If I feel like it)

MAY OUR FRIENDSHIP NEVER COME APART ESPECIALLY WHEN IT'S STRAIGHT FROM THE HEART!

MAY YOU ALWAYS HAVE A RAINBOW OF SMILES ON YOUR FACE AND IN YOUR HEART FOREVER AND EVER!

FRIENDS FOREVER!

That is a lovely sentiment carrie. I agree with some of it. I think very soon I will be able to accept it all.

Sadly, I'm in denial and I'm holding on and being delusional and vain for a couple more years :thumbdown: