• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

yesssss.....

i am still up!

officially a happy new year to all of you now!

just wanted to share this with you!

was cruising around the threads and found that our genius babs has already youtubed some of the jools' hootenanny.....

so watch this

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=MuB10IIaMXc

and listen closely to the words he is singing!:naughty:

if you watched it on the telly perhaps you thought your ears were playing tricks on you

but i caught it the first time i watched it!:biggrin2:

surely -

it is a subtlety that only we would understand!

Good Morning and a very Happy New Year to you all!

Carri...wireless eh!? Wow....you Southern softies are really catching on fast!!!

Hello Black Queen! Good to see you and Happy New Year to you too! Get yourself in here more often...we will be knid to you I promise!

Sorry to those of you not in the UK..although I know you can see it on Youtube now...but it was just FANTASTIC to have Mika on TV as we moved into the new year! Not just singing but there in the background for the whole two hour problem...and because he had such Mikaish clothes on (as in very bright!) It was easy to spot him! AMAZING!!!!!!

Hi Kath!

We were able to watch Jools Holland here as well but we only turned on the tv just before midnight. And then watched Dutch tv for a while, and then BBC. There was a big lady singing when we watched, with the same band but we haven't seen Mika. Oh well, I've seen his performance on YouTube now. :wink2:

Hello Blue! Nice to see you, I hope you are feelling ok today. Yes, I read that in the Jools thread...I am glad that you have seen Mika's performance. Dave is just watching something on TV at the mo but in a minute I am going to watch it again and see if I can spot the 'chicken' moment!

OK...signing off now, take care everyone and have a good day x

Hello Black Queen! Good to see you and Happy New Year to you too! Get yourself in here more often...we will be knid to you I promise!

Sorry to those of you not in the UK..although I know you can see it on Youtube now...but it was just FANTASTIC to have Mika on TV as we moved into the new year! Not just singing but there in the background for the whole two hour problem...and because he had such Mikaish clothes on (as in very bright!) It was easy to spot him! AMAZING!!!!!!

Hey Kath!! Happy New Year to you too and to everyone else!!! Hope this will be a rockin' year full of Mika:punk: If you promise to be kind to me... Then I think yes, I'll come in often:bleh: I love to talk to you, you know, and look forward to meeting you again, it was a blast, especially the "day after":naughty: (BTW, I still haven't seen the vid, I've been away and when I came back the link didn't work anymore, have to tell Roby about it...)

SO you had Mika all the way through New Year's!! How I envy you, in Spain we always have the same so-called-music, you know, I wonder if anybody watches those anymore... I'm rushing to YouTube right now!

I've just watched it! Love the song, love "Hair", love all that has to do with it, and he sings it beautifully too! Ain't got no chicken!!!!!!!!! I almost fall from the chair!!!:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

and listen closely to the words he is singing!:naughty:

if you watched it on the telly perhaps you thought your ears were playing tricks on you

but i caught it the first time i watched it!:biggrin2:

surely -

it is a subtlety that only we would understand!

Oh my, I thought I misunderstood! :naughty:

The first very funny moment from 2008!

Bye ladies, I'm off again, got lots of family coming over this evening. Enjoy the rest of the day!

looks like nothings changed in here :shocked: i post .........u lot run :roftl:

Nah.................it's just that most of us have been one post a day people for the last couple of weeks....people post and then in about a week you may get an answer! Happy new year to you too..hope you had a good one

Hey Kath!! Happy New Year to you too and to everyone else!!! Hope this will be a rockin' year full of Mika:punk: If you promise to be kind to me... Then I think yes, I'll come in often:bleh: I love to talk to you, you know, and look forward to meeting you again, it was a blast, especially the "day after":naughty: (BTW, I still haven't seen the vid, I've been away and when I came back the link didn't work anymore, have to tell Roby about it...)

SO you had Mika all the way through New Year's!! How I envy you, in Spain we always have the same so-called-music, you know, I wonder if anybody watches those anymore... I'm rushing to YouTube right now!

I've just watched it! Love the song, love "Hair", love all that has to do with it, and he sings it beautifully too! Ain't got no chicken!!!!!!!!! I almost fall from the chair!!!:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

For everyone elses benefit...I will explain...

After the concert in Bologna in October we were all driving back..well, Mirtilla was driving...poor love...she had to concentrate while everyone around her was swooning over pics and videos from the previous night. Eventually we hit a traffic jam. We were on a motorway and there were cars all around us. I was in the front seat (due to my bad leg....good excuse!) Robi, Queenie and the Black Queen were in the back. I think it was the I Tunes recording that Mirtilla had on...anyway...we cranked up the volume...wound down the windows and sang our heads off...then we got to the drum solo bit in Love Today....I am not entirely sure what possessed me...but I went crazy...pretending to play the drums.....total madness.....you can imagine the reaction we got from the other cars..particulary as the other four occupants of the cars were just about wetting theirselves with hysterics. Robi has it on Vid....but no, I haven't seen it either as the link wouldn't work for me either. It was certainly a very funny car journey!

Hi everyone.

Happy New Year (rather belatedly)

And apologies for being away over the last 10 days. I feel like a light weight. But it's been nicely hectic here.

I only came on last night because I'd missed the beginning of Jools and I was worried I'd missed Mika. But no. It was great and one of the best New Year's Eve's for ages. :wink2:

Anyway, I'll be off again because I'm going to London in the morning. Rob runs a theatre trip (Lion King and We Will Rock You) in February and we get a 'planning' visit from the company, which is nice. It's forecast to snow. Fingers crossed! :biggrin2:

Hi everyone.

Happy New Year (rather belatedly)

And apologies for being away over the last 10 days. I feel like a light weight. But it's been nicely hectic here.

I only came on last night because I'd missed the beginning of Jools and I was worried I'd missed Mika. But no. It was great and one of the best New Year's Eve's for ages. :wink2:

Anyway, I'll be off again because I'm going to London in the morning. Rob runs a theatre trip (Lion King and We Will Rock You) in February and we get a 'planning' visit from the company, which is nice. It's forecast to snow. Fingers crossed! :biggrin2:

Hi Ruth, good to see you and Happy New Year. Not many of us have been in really....we have barely been posting a page per day!

I hope the trip to London goes well!

Happy New Year

Great to see you were in here Beckar - I missed you :boxed:

Have PM'd Robi with the Youtube chickenlink - I have listened

quite a few times - maybe its just wishful thinking, but I know

the song, and it sounded like Mika sang "chicken"!!!!!!! :naughty:

Hi Wendi and Happy New Year to you too! It certainly SOUNDS like chicken but I can't imagine for one minute that he would do that deliberatly in front of THAT audience..however...gave us all a laugh!

Hi Wendi and Happy New Year to you too! It certainly SOUNDS like chicken but I can't imagine for one minute that he would do that deliberatly in front of THAT audience..however...gave us all a laugh!

I cant hear anything else there - maybe he forgot the words

and that one kinda fitted!!! :naughty: :naughty:

Helloooo all - def sounds like chicken - what should the lyric really be?

Scut Monkey, and DL both posted lyrics for the origional by

Nina Simone - on the Jools thread :thumb_yello: