2008: New Album? New style?

Benedicte

2007 was an amazing year for a new artist like Mika.

So what does everybody think about 2008?

We know there will be more touring, and probably a new album? Any ideas of what the sound might be? Same as before or something very different?

And what about his image? Will he keep the cartoon theme? Will he change his clothing style?

I'd love to hear what others think.

Personally, I'm hoping for a surprise, something different...

:punk:

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Mmm, actually, I don't know.

If he always kept doing the same thing, I think we would get bored. But maybe if he changed really much his style and his sound, we wouldn't like at all.

So, it depends. It might be cool to hear new stuff, bt not very different from LiCM sound.

:cheerful_h4h:Well, I don't really know but I TRUST MIKA. It will be something great, unique and creative!

MIKA IS JUST UNEQUALLED, UNRIVALLED, INCOMPARABLE, INIMITABLE:bleh: !!!!

2008 will be cool I'm sure he has a surprise in store for us! I'm hurried to listen his new album!!

:naughty: He save the best till 2008!!! Cheers for MiKa :cheers:

You know what they say... looks wins over the eyes, but personality wins over the heart and Mika's CD... hahaha...

TAKE CARE!:thumb_yello:

:cheerful_h4h:Well, I don't really know but I TRUST MIKA. It will be something great, unique and creative!

MIKA IS JUST UNEQUALLED, UNRIVALLED, INCOMPARABLE, INIMITABLE:bleh: !!!!

2008 will be cool I'm sure he has a surprise in store for us! I'm hurried to listen his new album!!

:naughty: He save the best till 2008!!! Cheers for MiKa :cheers:

You know what they say... looks wins over the eyes, but personality wins over the heart and Mika's CD... hahaha...

TAKE CARE!:thumb_yello:

Agreed.

But I'm still on the edge of my seat in anxiousness because I know I'm going to have to adjust ;)

Not a change happy lion cub though :(

I'm pretty sure I will like the music. But if it's too much like LICM, it might be a bit boring... I hope he's smart enough to change a little. LICM was amazing, but I'd love to hear something new.

I think the worst he could do would be to cut his hair short. I've got issues with short hair... :sneaky2: But I wouldn't mind if he grew a mustache. :naughty:

Whatever he does, I'm sure I'll like it.

Shock me, Mika! :wink2:

Interesting question , I feel LICM had some things in there that captured the attention of people .. example Lollipop girl .. for me this was the weakest song on the album but made the potential for him to hand out lollipops , get the lollipop girls etc etc

I think especially from what he is saying about backing away from people dressing up that his album will be more "mature" ..

Interesting question , I feel LICM had some things in there that captured the attention of people .. example Lollipop girl .. for me this was the weakest song on the album but made the potential for him to hand out lollipops , get the lollipop girls etc etc

I think especially from what he is saying about backing away from people dressing up that his album will be more "mature" ..

That is my feeling, too, that it is going to be mature. :thumb_yello: However, am not certain what it means. Mika is a genuine and original person, so no doubt will surprise us all.

:wink2:

The sound is not that definable,because there hasn't been anything like Mika before

So whatever he dose now,it will still be Mika,because it will still be unique.

I am sure there will be Love Today-like tunes on the next one too,but I also belive it will have more serious themes.By serious I mean globaly acknowledged as serious. Because of course,for an individual,his own life is the most serious thing possible

Until now,we only know about HMDYLM,and it is such a sweet song

I want to be surprised,so I don't even want to think about it that much

It's an interesting thing to speculate about.

Lyrically, I wouldn't be surprised if his next album is very much influenced by his experiences this year, of finding fame, of being away from home, of people's changing perceptions of him, the way the media have portrayed him, his coping strategies and his having to fight for his creative control, and the fan thing (:naughty: write a song about MFC Mika, go on, I dare you!). Although..that's a rather cliched way to look at a second album, so perhaps he'll steer well clear of anything like that, anything too autobiographical.

Musically, I just don't know but I hope he still mixes up the styles and does another varied album.

Actually I can't really imagine what the next album is going to be like, and that for me is the beauty of it! Same goes for his live shows. Will he go back to basics, or all-out Vegas? Well we'll see won't we.

i dont know.. mika knows what his doing, so i think it will be great wathever he does, but i hope he keeps a little of the licm sound^^

and his style, i hope he doesnt change that much, i love his style and his hair:biggrin2: we just have to wait and see, im sure it will be great:thumb_yello:

2007 was an amazing year for a new artist like Mika.

So what does everybody think about 2008?

We know there will be more touring, and probably a new album? Any ideas of what the sound might be? Same as before or something very different?

And what about his image? Will he keep the cartoon theme? Will he change his clothing style?

I'd love to hear what others think.

Personally, I'm hoping for a surprise, something different...

I think he said in an interview that his new album would be different. He actually said "angrier", so I think we can assume it's different. That's good though. He can't stay the same. He has to evolve to ultimately survive in the entertainment world.

Love today, from Marilyn

I think he said in an interview that his new album would be different. He actually said "angrier", so I think we can assume it's different.

So he really said that? I've seen it mentioned before. That's cool! I usually prefer "angrier" music anyway. But I doubt he'll become like Rammstein or Slipknot over night... :bleh:

A bit more edge in the music and darker lyrics would be wonderfull. I hope he won't be as "cartoony" for the next album. Even though I've enjoyed it!

Just imagine going to a Mika show in a years time:

Everybody, including Mika, is wearing black leather and spikes... And tatoos... :naughty:

I'm pretty sure I will like the music. But if it's too much like LICM, it might be a bit boring... I hope he's smart enough to change a little. LICM was amazing, but I'd love to hear something new.

I think the worst he could do would be to cut his hair short. I've got issues with short hair... :sneaky2: But I wouldn't mind if he grew a mustache. :naughty:

Whatever he does, I'm sure I'll like it.

Shock me, Mika! :wink2:

I think you might be disappointed about the mustache, he's already told me there's no way he'd grow a beard, and I think that any facial hair is out, as long as he has a little stubble, I'm happy.:blush-anim-cl:

The music I think will be more mature and draw on how this year has been for him, with the touring the illness and being followed around by a mad penguin!:naughty:

I think you might be disappointed about the mustache, he's already told me there's no way he'd grow a beard, and I think that any facial hair is out, as long as he has a little stubble, I'm happy.:blush-anim-cl:

The music I think will be more mature and draw on how this year has been for him, with the touring the illness and being followed around by a mad penguin!:naughty:

What, not even a little goatee a la Rafa Benitez?? :mf_lustslow:

That's ruined 2008 for me :mf_rosetinted:

maybe he will put a song on the album called MCFC (mycrazy mika fan club ) mad write about all the things we have done for him ha ha ha ha

i think its gonna be interesting to see if the new album lives uop to the hype espcially since LICM has done so well!!! i mean its stillin the top 40 here and its been out nearly a year now !!!!

i just hope people do not put too much opressure on him or him in himslef to make this album the same sucess !!1 but it's mika nad i know he will bring out another amazing album !!!!!:biggrin2: