Blue Sky

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't stand her either!!!

It's time for new sounds

At the beginnig of the performance, before she introduced Tina, I was like, Fan yourself a little more and maybe you'll blow off stage. :mf_rosetinted:

KANYE- Even before he mentioned his mom, when he was talknig about crossing borders andd such, art and expression... he gave the best acceptance speech I've ever heard IN MY LIFE. All of it. Lovely!

As for his performance, it was touching for the scenario- the Grammy Awards. He performs "Hey Mama" on tour. A week after she passed and he returned in Europe on tour, he couldn't go through with it. He kind of stopped in the middle of it, went offstage a couple times. But then he got together a version of "Hey Mama" that's sort of a tribute, which he proceeded with on the tour. But it was especially touching, being at the Grammy Awards with the whole theme of graciousness, I thought. :)

arg... did you see how they started the music while kanye was doing his speech and talking about his mother.?..!! so insulting!!!!!

Anything to keep the show going...

That is one of the reasons I don't like watching awards shows. It's so rude to cut someone off, no matter who they are. It's their moment. I can understand if someone is going really, really long, but sometimes they cut people off after it wasn't even that long.

I remember watching the Emmy's I think it was and they cut everyone off, but then would have really long skits in between the presenters and then the presenters would talk for a long time, some of it not even on the script I don't think. Then, when someone would accept the award, they had no time to say what they wanted to say.

Can someone please explain this Feist phenomenon to me? I went to see Paolo Nutini and she was scheduled to come on afterwards but I just left. This woman cannot sing, as she just proved. Why is she getting more attention than singers like Mika and Paolo Nutini?

i'm not sure christine.... i just think that it's because they all know her song from the ipod. she doesn't have that great of a voice. i watched an interview with her once, and i think she hasn't own a TV for the last 10 or 15 years...and she was not exactly pleasant to the interviewer. she always gets the same questions and she is sick of it...

(kinda like mika... why did you write grace kelly, except he still answers nicely)

stevie wonderrr!!!

I love him!

Ahhhh he did 2 interviews!!! Awwww :wub2:

i saw both :das:

yay mika for going!!

Well, I missed both of them. :naughty:

I think Alicia Keys' performance was really good, but then again I like her. It was cool that John Mayer came out. Is it me or does he look a lot better ever since he got rid of Jessica? Alicia looked great too.

I have to say this has for once been an enjoyable awards show to watch. Usually they are boring and I filp to other stuff while people I don't like are singing, but not tonight. :naughty:

Do you go to the JJB. Sorry if you have no idea what that is. It's a forum, and there used to be someone there with a really similar screenname to yours. Just wondering. :naughty:

I missed this part.. do u remember what he said?

Ringo Starr presented the award to Vince Gill so Vince said, "I just got an award from a Beatle" or something to that effect and then Vince said, "I bet that's never happened to you, Kanye" or something like that. It wasn't like it was a big deal and Vince didn't really say anything bad to him, but I still thought it was funny.