Mika's Personal Life

lollipop_monkey

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sexuality is sooooo complex! In fact, I'm thoroughly convinced that it moves constantly.

Futhermore, it is so personal, mostly affected by our experience, our life, our environment!

I incline to the belief that you never can label Mika's sexuality and even our own sexuality! Actually, this thread can last till doomsday. :mf_rosetinted:

Now, I'm too tired to say something great! In france it's midnight over.

See you tomorrow so as to keep myself informed about the evolution of the discussion!

Love U girls.

IS there a ban on talking about SitM? :blink:

That's news to me...

dcdeb

If there is one, it's another unwritten rule.

Whenever the topic is raised some people say "Mika doesn't want to discuss the lyrics for SITM therefore neither should we". Somehow Mika deciding he won't publicly disclose the true meaning of the lyrics means that anyone who is discussing their view of what the lyrics may mean/suggest is invading his privacy. Who releases a song that they don't wish to be discussed by others on an album that they sell to 5 million people? It makes no logical sense at all. :blink:

Yes, there seems to an unwritten rule about that one too.

Whenever the topic is raised some people say "Mika doesn't want to discuss the lyrics for SITM therefore neither should we". Somehow Mika deciding he won't publicly disclose the true meaning of the lyrics means that anyone who is discussing their view of what the lyrics may mean/suggest is invading his privacy. Who releases a song that they don't wish to be discussed by others on an album that they sell to 5 million people? It makes no logical sense at all. :blink:

OK, I've completely missed that... didn't realize that was happening.

dcdeb

OK, I've completely missed that... didn't realize that was happening.

dcdeb

It's possibly because many people believe that SITM is in part about Mika's sexuality, so they lump up the two topics of Mika's sexuality and the meaning of SITM in the same box labeled 'hypersensitive'.

It's so weird how some people seem to think that every single song on Mika's album has a hidden sexual meaning or reference :roftl:

Everything in life has a hidden sexual meaning or reference :mf_rosetinted:

P.S. Or maybe i'm just a pervert ? :shocked:

It's possibly because many people believe that SITM is in part about Mika's sexuality, so they lump up the two topics of Mika's sexuality and the meaning of SITM in the same box labeled 'hypersensitive'.

If you watch this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rkvy3uIWNqM

Mika explains SITM is about his Mother and Grandmother look at 3 minutes 18.

Hope this helps.

XXXXXXXXX

Everything in life has a hidden sexual meaning or reference :mf_rosetinted:

P.S. Or maybe i'm just a pervert ? :shocked:

No, merely Freudian. Sigmund Freud claimed that all behaviour is motivated by one of two things: sex or agression. :fisch:

:roftl: :roftl: :roftl:

I don't really know why I laugh, but I'm tired and I find both comments so funny.

Besides how this thread about his sexuality goes to the analysis of Mika's songs?!?!

No offense girls!

:huglove:

:roftl: :roftl: :roftl:

I don't really know why I laugh, but I'm tired and I find both comments so funny.

Besides how this thread about his sexuality goes to the analysis of Mika's songs?!?!

No offense girls!

:huglove:

Oh well you laugh because we we trying to be funny maybe? :)

Ok this was a ****ty attempt, but at 1:30 AM, everything's permitted ;)

Et euh on a dérivé sur l'analyse des chansons parce que certains pensent pouvoir justifier leur opinion sur l'orientation sexuelle de monsieur en décortiquant les paroles de LICM nan? C'était ca la question?

If there is one, it's another unwritten rule.

Oh well you laugh because we we trying to be funny maybe? :)

Ok this was a ****ty attempt, but at 1:30 AM, everything's permitted ;)

Et euh on a dérivé sur l'analyse des chansons parce que certains pensent pouvoir justifier leur opinion sur l'orientation sexuelle de monsieur en décortiquant les paroles de LICM nan? C'était ca la question?

If you want, you can analyze SiTM lyrics but it could be for nothing...

I didn't know Mika let us some clues through his lyrics :roftl: :roftl:!!!!!

You know, The fact he wrote a song for big girls doesn't mean he wants to date with a big girl.

The fact he wrote a song about Billy Brown's sexuality doesn't mean he has an ambigious sexuality!!

Clues in his lyrics!!!.... this idea makes me laugh :roftl:

You will get muddled, girls :bleh: !!!

hehehe cool de lire en français!

If you want, you can analyze SiTM lyrics but it could be for nothing...

I didn't know Mika let us some clues through his lyrics :roftl: :roftl: :roftl: !!

You know, The fact he wrote a song for big girls doesn't mean he wants to date with a big girl.

The fact he wrote a song about Billy Brown's sexuality doesn't mean he has an ambigious sexuality!!

Clues in his lyrics!!!:boxed: .... this idea makes me laugh :roftl: :roftl:

You will get muddled, girls :bleh: !!!

OH REALLY?

And me who thought that everything he had wrote in LICM was to be understood literally!!

Does that mean I can go on sucking hard on lollipops without consequences ?

Why the harm in discussing the lyrics? Just because Mika once said he didn't want to say what the meaning behind SITM was, doesn't mean we can't interpret it for ourselves, does it?

I know he has since said it's about the changing relationship with one's parents as one grows up. But there is something more there, I'm sure. Why shouldn't we be able to speculate on a sexual meaning? It's perfectly possible, and don't tell me Mika isn't aware of the possible interpretations.

I've always said: Not Caring about Mika's sexuality isn't the same as not being curious, or interested, in it, or intrigued by the possibility he may be coding certain things in his songs..

Does that make sense, because I am knackered :blink:

It doesn't make any logical sense to me at all. He said 'I'm not going to publicly state the song's meaning' not 'you shouldn't discuss the song's meaning (and speculate about what it might mean about me)'. The latter seems especially ludicrious since if he didn't want the song's lyrics discussed he wouldn't have released it on his album. It's a bizarre viewpoint, that's for sure. :blink:

I think that everyone got it wrong.:naughty:

What he actually meant was: "nobody should speak about my lyrics. In fact, nobody should speak about me, period, and that includes mentioning my name.

From now on, call me Symbol"

:roftl::roftl::roftl::roftl:

What he actually meant was: "nobody should speak about my lyrics. In fact, nobody should speak about me, period, and that includes mentioning my name.

:naughty: :naughty:

He's already going to court for stealing's someone else's artist name, do you really wanna make things worse sara? :roftl:

:roftl::roftl::roftl::roftl:

:naughty:

What would Symbol look like, I wonder?:blink: