Mika's Personal Life

lollipop_monkey

when i look at the forums and at the threads posted here, i always have to think of Mika, sitting in front of his screen at home, seeing what people write about him. I know that I wouldnt like it if people talked about me in the ways it is often done here and my sexuality would definitely be one of the points that i'd like NO ONE to talk about. i mean - we all read this and these might be interesting discussion for fans (and we are the fans, arent we?) but if this here was about me - for heaven's sake, i'd probably move to timbuktu or so. my family would read this! my friends would! even those people i havent seen for years!

what i want to say is the following - whatever we post, if it's about mika's sexuality, the meaning of songs lyrics or whatever - we should all be aware that this is an open forum which means that everybody (!!!) can read it, including mika himself and his family. i know there is no right and no possibility to actually "restrict" the users of this forums with anything but maybe we should all always think about the following: would WE like to read the post we are going to post about ourselves if it was written by someone we dont know?

I'm not an angel :angel_not:, nobody here is, but i'm really trying not to post stuff that would bother me if i read it about me. of course there are always some very marginal (not sure if that's the right word) situations *cough* but anyway - we shouldnt just thik about mika as the star who is drumming on stage during love today but also as the private person who deserves respect and a privatsphere.

Am with you in this - I would be soo upset if I he was my son and people were talking about him like this. . . (Us Mums love our boys soo much - and our girls, but the boys have that special bond..)

yes, people will always speculate and pontificate - but he and his family are human, have feelimgs and can get hurt or upset!

and Its nearly Christams so love & peace to all

Byee - am really going back to the oldies now . . . . . .

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

hey!! i havent posted on here for ages...:thumbdown: im too lazy. still keepin up to date tho! and ok, ok i no this thread is for disscussion about mika's personal life but i find that whole chiken tonight thing halarious:roftl: :roftl: :roftl: :roftl:

im gonna go look for the thread!

the song 'i feel like chicken tonight, like chiken tonight' has a WHOLE differnt meaning now, tell ya wat:biggrin2:

i never got that chicken thing until i asked a fellow MFCer in london. i get the rough chicken-outline now but not everything. it's the same with knitters or apples - i dont get it.

Petra - it stared early in the year in the Oldies thread - many of us in there had never been on a forum before and didnt know that mods could change words etc.. if they were rude. One drunken Friday eve we got on to the subject of "S*X" and some one noticed that one of the mods had been changed to "chicken"!!

hence the joke of I feel like chicken tonight - chicken nuggets etc etc . . .

Then when the May gigs came round and he came out - sorry - on stage - in the chicekn outfit we all had a good laugh!!!

I was then lucky enough to get to go and be part of the big girls video shoot, with my kids, so as a group pressie from the oldies we got a fluffy chicken.

At the shoot I managed to tell Mika about the significance of the chicken and all day the chicken tonight song was bandied about - as it still some times is when the oldies get together and drink too much or generally get over excited!!

All day I tries to catch him siniging it on film - but whenever I had the camera out he would laugh and say no and then start again when the camera was away!!

then at the end of the day he came & signed photos etc for us all . . . and thats the video in my sig where he was still refsuing to say it!!

there you go - one potted history!!

:)

But if you want to take a look at how many members are posting in this thread, expressing a desire to talk in-depth about Mika's personal life... well, it's not really that many, is it? If there is an overwhelming desire by the masses to have such a serious discussion, shouldn't there be more posters saying so? :blink:

Since when do we have to have an overwhelming desire by the masses to open a thread? Is there really an overwhelming desire by the masses to talk about Mika's closed over ear piercing? Should we take a vote and close all threads where it's mentioned because not enough people are interested?

Every other irrelevant-to-Mika's-music topic here is allowed with no questions. If you're going to make an exception for the subject of his sexual orientation then the onus is on the those who want the ban to come up with a rational reason why it should be implemented.

I think Jack, Titania and Petra have all given a good reasons why people should engage in self-censorship and everyone should take what they're saying into consideration when they're posting on any topic.

But I still don't see any reason why the forum policy should be to close such threads and ban any mention of his sexuality. The only thing I've heard so far is that many, many months ago when the composition of the membership was remarkably different and people knew virtually nothing about Mika and his background some of the users got into arguments.

I keep hearing all this talk about the press harassing Mika with "the question" and members here wanting to go and on about his sexuality but that's simply not the case. All of that happened at the very start of Mika's career because no one knew him and wanted to find out everything they could about his background.

You would never see 10 threads about Mika's sexuality in this forum now because people just aren't that interested anymore. We all have our ideas, many of us have had our say at one time or another and we all know that we don't know and we're satisfied with that. We've come to know and love Mika for a million other reasons and his sexual orientation is entirely incidental to what we think and feel about him.

IMO there is no need for a ban. Just let these things run their natural course and if people truly aren't interested the threads will die. And just deal with the fact that there will be an occasional (not 1,000 per month, just an occasional) newbie who wants to know if there's any evidence available that reveals Mika's sexual orientation. Most of us are adults here and many of the younglings are mature enough to deal with that question without resorting to yelling I DON'T CARE or shutting the thread down.

Petra - it stared early in the year in the Oldies thread - many of us in there had never been on a forum before and didnt know that mods could change words etc.. if they were rude. One drunken Friday eve we got on to the subject of "S*X" and some one noticed that one of the mods had been changed to "chicken"!!

Then when the May gigs came round and he came out - sorry - on stage - in the chicekn outfit we all had a good laugh!!!

I was then lucky enough to get to go and be part of the big girls video shoot, with my kids, so as a group pressie from the oldies we got a fluffy chicken.

At the shoot I managed to tell Mika about the significance of the chicken and all day the chicken tonight song was bandied about - as it still some times is when the oldies get together and drink too much or generally get over excited!!

All day I tries to catch him siniging it on film - but whenever I had the camera out he would laugh and say no and then start again when the camera was away!!

then at the end of the day he came & signed photos etc for us all . . . and thats the video in my sig where he was still refsuing to say it!!

Bad mods .. now that should never happen, I need to know asap who done this and I will ban them :thumb_yello:

....ok..... that actually clears it up a bit (it really does). thank you!!!!

we are a strange group of people :lmfao:

Since when do we have to have an overwhelming desire by the masses to open a thread? Is there really an overwhelming desire by the masses to talk about Mika's closed over ear piercing? Should we take a vote and close all threads where it's mentioned because not enough people are interested?

Wait now, this is interesting! So there really was a piercing then? Or are still just speculating? :naughty:

--Jack

Every other irrelevant-to-Mika's-music topic here is allowed with no questions. If you're going to make an exception for the subject of his sexual orientation then the onus is on the those who want the ban to come up with a rational reason why it should be implemented.

I think Jack, Titania and Petra have all given a good reasons why people should engage in self-censorship and everyone should take what they're saying into consideration when they're posting on any topic.

But I still don't see any reason why the forum policy should be to close such threads and ban any mention of his sexuality. The only thing I've heard so far is that many, many months ago when the composition of the membership was remarkably different and people knew virtually nothing about Mika and his background some of the users got into arguments.

I keep hearing all this talk about the press harassing Mika with "the question" and members here wanting to go and on about his sexuality but that's simply not the case. All of that happened at the very start of Mika's career because no one knew him and wanted to find out everything they could about his background.

You would never see 10 threads about Mika's sexuality in this forum now because people just aren't that interested anymore. We all have our ideas, many of us have had our say at one time or another and we all know that we don't know and we're satisfied with that. We've come to know and love Mika for a million other reasons and his sexual orientation is entirely incidental to what we think and feel about him.

IMO there is no need for a ban. Just let these things run their natural course and if people truly aren't interested the threads will die. And just deal with the fact that there will be an occasional (not 1,000 per month, just an occasional) newbie who wants to know if there's any evidence available that reveals Mika's sexual orientation. Most of us are adults here and many of the younglings are mature enough to deal with that question without resorting to yelling I DON'T CARE or shutting the thread down.

I have just as much right to scream I dont care as you do to talk about it , now whos biasing opinions :wink2:

I have just as much right to scream I dont care as you do to talk about it , now whos biasing opinions :wink2:

Of course you have a right. I just think it's rude, not to mention a bit childish. I think there are far more effective ways to handle it and I'm sure you do too Freddie. :wink2:

Wait now, this is interesting! So there really was a piercing then? Or are still just speculating? :naughty:

--Jack

Well since you're showing an overwhelming interest...

mika7ki7.jpg

Warning...this one is contains a bit TMI (including a nose hair :blink:)

http://mika.yrecaps.com/img/book1_highres.jpg

This thread is not sufficient: not enough people have read it nor is its sole and explicit aim to deduce whether the MFC wants to allow discussion of Mika's sexuality. It's more of a preliminary discussion if anything.

A poll and discussion of the matter is how the issue of whether posts/threads of an adult nature should exist in the MFC was decided. Why should this topic be treated any differently?

Well, OK, then we do a poll -- although the subject title of this

thread is Mika's Personal Life, and the way Lollipop Monkey started

it, I thought it was to decide whether we wanted to have discussion

on that subject...

The contrary could be argued: where is the overwhelming desire by the masses to continue with the censorship? How can you continue to claim that the MFC "as a whole" agrees on this topic considering that the MFC has grown member number-wise and changed focus-wise in the recent months?

I don't claim that. We have grown hugely numbers-wise. I agree

that a re-examination is a good thing at this point. That's why I'm

participating in this thread :)

Yes, I argue that to a limited extent: you may not bite but I have seen other people be aggressive in their responses and I daresay it takes only one event to turn a person off.

I've seen it also, and it makes me cringe. There's no need to jump

all over someone whenever they post something you don't agree with.

That's why I thought this thread was working -- no one was overreacting,

and it's been on the front page often enough that I would suspect

everyone who's a regular would have seen it by now and

poked their nose in. And I would have hoped they would feel welcome

to post their thoughts as well.

Since when do we have to have an overwhelming desire by the masses to open a thread?

I didn't think we were talking about opening a thread -- I thought we

were talking about whether we want to talk about Mika's personal life on

the forum in general.

Obviously we don't get a consensus going every time someone wants to

open a thread on a subject.

Every other irrelevant-to-Mika's-music topic here is allowed with no questions.

Actually, that's not true. There are lots of discussions about whether

certain threads should be/should have been allowed. Some of them are

behind-the-scenes and some are in public.

If you're going to make an exception for the subject of his sexual orientation then the onus is on the those who want the ban to come up with a rational reason why it should be implemented.

Well, I guess that's where we disagree. I think we *do* have a

rational reason, several reasons actually, for limiting discussion on

Mika's sexuality. Just because you don't agree with the reasoning

doesn't make it irrational or illogical.

I do take what they're saying seriously. I recognize carefully reasoned

thinking when I read it :)

IMO there is no need for a ban. Just let these things run their natural course and if people truly aren't interested the threads will die.

OK. I hear you. And Scut and Titania and Jack and Kata and everyone else

who has posted so far. I guess the next step is a poll to see if we can

get a fair number of other members to express their opinions. :thumb_yello:

dcdeb

It's okay, I am childish too if the truth be told. :biggrin2:

:biggrin2: Im the same as you and everyone else , we just want whats best for the MFC , and I totally agree with one thing .. many of the "rules" were written in the early days of the MFC .. many of the discussins were somewhat ... naive and less focused or in depth then , its all good dont get me wrong we are developing ...we just need to move it forward again correctly

OK. I hear you. And Scut and Titania and Jack and Kata and everyone else

who has posted so far. I guess the next step is a poll to see if we can

get a fair number of other members to express their opinions. :thumb_yello:

Yes.

Like I said, what the MFC decides as a whole I'll follow (as long as we make any new policies and the reasons for them clear to both new and current members and mention that aggression isn't acceptable when dealing with violation of the policy... and if it is decided that censorship should continue it would be good if it was explained that it doesn't mean that any homophobic subtext should exist.)

Yes.

Like I said, what the MFC decides as a whole I'll follow (as long as we make any new policies and the reasons for them clear to both new and current members and mention that aggression isn't acceptable when dealing with violation of the policy... and if it is decided that censorship should continue it would be good if it was explained that it doesn't mean that any homophobic subtext should exist.)

Can someone please explain to me where the aggression is :thumb_yello:

Well! That makes it pretty clear! But are you sure we can discuss that openly here? :wink2::roftl:

--Jack

No, Mika hasn't said that we can discuss his piercing so it's best if we don't invade his privacy. We don't care if Mika has a piercing or not, it doesn't affect our appreciation of his music. :mf_rosetinted::roftl:

I think it was you hun ---- but do you know what . . . . . . . .

I DON'T CARE!!!!!!!!

Well, I for one am glad for it, because if Freddie hadn't done it,

there would be

no No Chicken Tonight video, and that would be sad indeed :wink2:

Well! That makes it pretty clear! But are you sure we can discuss that openly here?

--Jack

No, Mika hasn't said that we can discuss his piercing so it's best if we don't invade his privacy. We don't care if Mika has a piercing or not, it doesn't affect our appreciation of his music. :mf_rosetinted:

Well, that's :offtopic: for this thread so I'm afraid I have no choice:

:mfr_closed2::ban::adminpower:

:biggrin2:

dcdeb

Well, that's :offtopic: for this thread so I'm afraid I have no choice:

:mfr_closed2::ban::adminpower:

:biggrin2:

dcdeb

:shocked: I knew all that power was going to your head! All sweetness and light on the outside, but the truth finally comes out.

:naughty: