Top of the Pops Christmas Special

babspanky

Fearne Cotton and Reggie Yates present the seasonal countdown of the year's most successful chart acts, ending by revealing which artist has bagged the coveted Christmas number one. Artists appearing include Mika, Take That, Kaiser Chiefs, Rihanna, Girls Aloud and Leona Lewis SUB

Pop

Tuesday 25th December at 1:30pm on BBC 1 London

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I really hope this isn't live. I want him to be with his family on Christmas. :mf_rosetinted:

I wonder what HE wants? :mf_rosetinted:

Anyway, I very much doubt it, the Christmas special never was live and now there isn't a Top of the Pops anymore, only this Christmas special. I can't imagine many of the backroom staff would like to work Christmas either, or BBC pay the going rate......

I'd even be surprised if it was an appearance, more like video footage, but you never know our luck.

I wonder what HE wants? :mf_rosetinted:

I honestly cannot imagine ANYONE wanting to do that on Christmas day when they could be at home being normal, especially if they are working like crazy constantly, but whatever. I really don't believe Mika when he talks about hating his time off, to be honest, especially judging by how much he whined on the DVD about how tired he was, but that's a whole other story...

I honestly cannot imagine ANYONE wanting to do that on Christmas day when they could be at home being normal, especially if they are working like crazy constantly, but whatever.

Hmm, I wouldn't mind to. :|

I hope it's not live though, because Im not gonna see it until next year anyway (maybe). :wink2:

Well hoping to be a bit tipsy by then so I will pray to the angels for babsou productions, so I can watch it on boxing day instead LOL:naughty:

Blimey you'll be starting early, I don't get the chance to start 'til at least 3'o clock!

Don't want to put a dampener on things, but last year, The Scissor Sisters had the biggest selling record of the year, and they only got a 30 second snippet in a montage of videos, I know because I remember being REALLY angry about it at the time.

So I hope Mika has more luck getting the whole of Grace Kelly played, if he performs himself then all well and good, and it is pre recorded by the way.

• 2 weeks later...
Cool, but how can we get time to watch telly on Christmas day?! They should have it on later...

For anyone who missed Top of the Pops, you missed nothing at all! We only saw Mika for 3 seconds, in his Grace Kelly video All of the other acts who were down as being on, were on, either live, or else they showed concert footage, but Mika... Dispite being the top selling male artist of 2007, with one of the biggest hits of the year, was just ignored!!

This is disgraceful, just as with Graheme Norton, Mika is disregarded. Please don't let them get away with it! Please protest at Mika's exclusion from the Top of the PopsChristmas special. It's time the BBC were put in their place and time they realised how much people love Mika!!

haveyoursay@bbc.co.uk

Love today, from Marilyn

Mind you, Marilyn, we don't know when it was recorded. If it was recorded early in December, he cancelled 2 gigs and the Radio 2 Music Club thing, he could hardly do TOTP. But they could have shown footage though.

Yes, that's what I mean! Not all the acts were live. Take that, and Rihanna were only shown in concert. Mika should have been as well. It's a disgrace that he wasn't shown at all, except for about 3 seconds, when he made such an impact in 2007. I have emailed them, I hope others do too. If they have a good excuse, fine, but I don't think they do!

Once again, from Marilyn

I was actually opening presents next to the conservatory as we had a houseful of people so when MIKA was shown for his 3 secs everyone shouted "MIKA!!!!!... Is that it?" in unison!!!, as I had said if he is on shout me.

It was crap and if I had been MIKA watching it (I doubt he actually was...but who knows! LOL!) I wouldn't be happy! All of his hard work this year for 3 seconds is not good.

Not sure if TOTP has the same appeal being a one off at Christmas to teenagers now as it did when I was a kid (and dinosaurs roamed the earth!LOL!) but either way it was a prime audience to sell himself. Damn Shame is all I can say!:sneaky2:

Let's hope Jools Holland gives him some time on New Year's Eve!!!!:thumb_yello:

OK that's it...... back to lurking for a while!

xx

Well I hate to say I told you so....

It was disappointing, especially as they played Leona Lewis,GRRRR! Rhianna's performance from the R1 weekend in Preston, which Mika was also at, so they could have used that footage, and theynhad acts that didn't get to No1 performing like Just Jack! Don't get me wrong, I like him, but to ignore the act that was the biggest selling for nearly the whole year and play other acts that didn't get to the No1 spot doesn't make sense to me at all. Same with the Sugababes, they had 2 No1 singles this year, same treatment as the big guy, they are the biggest selling girlband since the Spice Girls and they get 30 seconds in a montage, it's disgraceful!

Well I hate to say I told you so....

It was disappointing, especially as they played Leona Lewis,GRRRR! Rhianna's performance from the R1 weekend in Preston, which Mika was also at, so they could have used that footage, and theynhad acts that didn't get to No1 performing like Just Jack! Don't get me wrong, I like him, but to ignore the act that was the biggest selling for nearly the whole year and play other acts that didn't get to the No1 spot doesn't make sense to me at all. Same with the Sugababes, they had 2 No1 singles this year, same treatment as the big guy, they are the biggest selling girlband since the Spice Girls and they get 30 seconds in a montage, it's disgraceful!

It seems that they´re not interested anymore. It´s sad because it´s like they don´t want to face the real facts: mika is the best selling male in the UK right now. And he´s not interesting for the media :(:thumbdown:

I was actually opening presents next to the conservatory as we had a houseful of people so when MIKA was shown for his 3 secs everyone shouted "MIKA!!!!!... Is that it?" in unison!!!, as I had said if he is on shout me.

It was crap and if I had been MIKA watching it (I doubt he actually was...but who knows! LOL!) I wouldn't be happy! All of his hard work this year for 3 seconds is not good.

Not sure if TOTP has the same appeal being a one off at Christmas to teenagers now as it did when I was a kid (and dinosaurs roamed the earth!LOL!) but either way it was a prime audience to sell himself. Damn Shame is all I can say!:sneaky2:

Let's hope Jools Holland gives him some time on New Year's Eve!!!!:thumb_yello:

OK that's it...... back to lurking for a while!

xx

We need to be telling them what we think of them. It's no use just complaining to each other, on the forum. It only takes an email, but if enough of us email in, they will have to pay more attention to Mika!

haveyoursay@bbc.co.uk

Love today, from Marilyn