Is the whole family obsessed with music?

suzie

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

aaw :cheerful_h4h: it's a small world, isn't it? just randomly coming across that :bleh:

Yes, I know it sounds unbelievable but I did not come across this link via a ’Mika’ search..:no:

It all began when I decided to start a thread on opera sopranos, following Rebeka’s unsuccessful attempt to start a thread on Maria Callas on Boxing Day...

I simply wanted to post a thread where 5-6 sopranos compete for the title ’favourite soprano of the MFC’ ...

So, how do you do that? You post the same aria performed by different sopranos, so that they are judged on almost the same basis.... With Verdi being my favourite opera composer, I simply typed in ’Sempre Libera’ on youtube and this Korean soprano came up as 7th or 8th result...

I was reading the comments and I was appalled by how hostile some people were agaist her because of ’her looks’....but if you read between the lines, you feel that it was a pure case of racisim: the youtube branch simply could not imagine an Asian girl as Violetta in La Traviata...

So, as there was no other link on her, I decided to ’google’ her and find some other stuff from her on the net. And that’s when I found the 2005 competition on the BBC site. ALL the comments there were very positive (I think she won that competition in the end), especially the comment with the capital letters coming from the most educated family in Kensington.:wink2:

....so, look out for my soprano thread – I hope to manage to post it soon (I don’t post much but when I do I take my time to do a thorough job)

It must be him, I mean 1. Mika wasn't famous back then, so the name Penniman almost unknown. 2. Who would bother to use Fortuné's name, in 2005 when his brother wasn't famous + he isn't famous himself and only the fans of Mika know about him.

And besides, if someone else used his name, then they could've posted something negative, if positive, there's no need to use a fake name.

Just my thought:roftl:

I am not sure if this can be posted, so Mods, you can delete my thread if you think it is needed but it's soooo cute......:blush-anim-cl: ...

I was searching the net for something non-Mika related and one of the comments to this opera singer's profile caught my eyes only because it was all printed in capital letters.....

Here it is:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/wales/cardiffsinger05/performers/korea.shtml

My first thoughts are that the love of opera, enthusiasm, making your voice heard and problems with spelling obviously run in the family....:naughty:

But most importantly, Fortune has now replaced 'lookovermyshoulder' (if anyone remembers him) as my favourite little boy writing comments because he writes the best comments I have and will ever read!

:winner_first_h4h::biggrin2:

OMG THAT IS SO AMAZINGLY CUTE!!!!!!!!!!

I shall listen to this singer now lol :roftl:

Yes, I know it sounds unbelievable but I did not come across this link via a ’Mika’ search..:no:

It all began when I decided to start a thread on opera sopranos, following Rebeka’s unsuccessful attempt to start a thread on Maria Callas on Boxing Day...

So it is all my fault. Blame me! (-:

Oh come on - leave the poor guy. He just mistyped something out of excitement (probably) and will definitely not be happy see numerous people going on and on about that.

I'm afraid he won't be happy seeing a whole thread about oen comment he made 2 years ago:blink: :naughty:

I fell honourated by your lapsus, Nicky...censure+greta, ya that's me!:naughty:

Ooooooops :naughty::roftl:

I meant petra, obviously... Excuse my stupidity I'm in lack of sleep (blame the dvd recorder ;)) And yeah you're on my black list now so censure+Greta are closely associated in my mind :naughty: :naughty:

P.S. Jo-king! :naughty:

I would actually already consider this personal - people going on and on about a comment you made two (?) years ago plus a typing mistake (ok, two). There are already almost 5 pages of it - that is insane. Sorry to say that. :blink:

Fortuné is not a public person - we don't post a thread for everything another member here does. No one of us would like it if there were 15 people talking about them typing "gorgus" instead of "gorgeous" or something.

I would actually already consider this personal - people going on and on about a comment you made two (?) years ago plus a typing mistake (ok, two). There are already almost 5 pages of it - that is insane. Sorry to say that. :blink:

Fo´rtuné is not a public person - we don't post a thread for everything another member here does. No one of us would like it if there were 15 people talking about them typing "gorgus" instead of "gorgeous" or something.

Fortuné is not a public person, I totally agree with you on this. Trouble is he posted this comment on a public site, signing with his full name, and what he said there is therefore public.

I don't think people who comment his spelling mistakes intend to be insulting, they rather find it quite cute. So no harm done. As for the "dyslexy" theory it's really far-fetched: everybody mispells on the internet anyway and in 99% of the cases theses are just typing mistakes.

I don't think this thread needs to be closed... but as I said I'm keeping on eye on it.