Chicken or Ticket? Solve the arguement once and for all - Please!

pinkunicorn123

Does he say 'Aint got no chicken' or 'Aint got no ticket'?  

314 members have voted

1. 1. Does he say 'Aint got no chicken' or 'Aint got no ticket'?

• Replies 544
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What's with all these votes for ticket? I was the lone dissenter in that thread. Everyone insisted it was chicken and argued with me for 10 pages. :sneaky2:

I guess you presented quite a convincing argument then - they changed their minds... :naughty:

of course it is a BIT far fetched to think that mika sits at home, sees the lyrics and then decides to put the c-word in it.

I have to agree with this. As much as we might want it, I can't imagine him sitting there thinking "Yep, think I'll sing a cover of this song. OMG! I could totally change this lyric to CHICKEN!, but I think I'll just leave the 'I got my boobies' line, despite the fact I clearly don't have boobies; don't want to go messing up the song or anything."

When do you all here the T then:boxed: :boxed: I hear Chickehhhhhn

I keep listening and listening but i hear no T at the end:blink: :blink:

its the 'eaah!' sound he does at the end of the lines

Half 'egh?' and half 'yeah'

Hear it?

But as much as it doesn't make sence, I very clearly hear chicken. I'm with Starrats, I have no idea how anyone is hearing a 't' at the end. I hear "chickeen -eah".

And if this subtitle claim is true ... it simply has to be chicken. As if the subtitler would deviate from the original lyrics to something completely random (to them) without consulting someone (Mika).

Contradict myself much?

Edit: OMG. I spent my 100th post debating whether Mika changed a lyric to chicken ...

What's with all these votes for ticket? I was the lone dissenter in that thread. Everyone insisted it was chicken and argued with me for 10 pages. :sneaky2:

I was listening to it so much while I was fiddling with it, I came to the conclusion as posted by Suzy and Scut.

of course it is a BIT far fetched to think that mika sits at home, sees the lyrics and then decides to put the c-word in it.QUOTE]

I have to agree with this. As much as we might want it, I can't imagine him sitting there thinking "Yep, think I'll sing a cover of this song. OMG! I could totally change this lyric to CHICKEN!, but I think I'll just leave the 'I got my boobies' line, despite the fact I clearly don't have boobies; don't want to go messing up the song or anything."

But as much as it doesn't make sence, I very clearly hear chicken. I'm with Starrats, I have no idea how anyone is hearing a 't' at the end. I hear "chickeen -eah".

And if this subtitle claim is true ... it simply has to be chicken. As if the subtitler would deviate from the original lyrics to something completely random (to them) without consulting someone (Mika).

Contradict myself much?

Well, I have seen some weird and wonderful subtitles in my time!

All I think the subtitles did was confirm it sounded like chicken. But I really don't think it was meant to.

I think its more of a mica singing flare/technique than it is a speech impediment lol.

Totally agree. The only bizarre thing I've ever heard him say in regular speech is Fratellis. Normally his enunciation is very clear, even in French.

His song lyrics on the other hand...:blink:

Also if you listen to some Grace Kellys, (live) he often says 'chello my baby'

Yes, he's been doing that all year although on the Hootenanny he changed it to "kello".

I doubt that he reads the forum much at all any more. But if he reads anything I hope he reads this thread... it might teach him some proper elocution for once. :naughty:

I don't think he cares. It's just his style to improvise and cut loose during his live performances and I think even through the recording process. Just look at the demos and studio outtakes. And the whole lay-dee thing. I was watching a recent Big Girl performance yesterday and he didn't do it at all.

I saw Mariah Carey perform We Belong Together on Oprah once and she was so precise and perfect it was very impressive. But I think Mika would be pretty boring if he sung like his Russian teacher was cracking the whip behind him.

...then again maybe she is responsible for him throwing extraneous sounds in since she's not a native English speaker.

A "chicket" is a typical British mispronunciation of "ticket". :mf_rosetinted:

:naughty: Not typically British. Just typically Mika.

Well, I have seen some weird and wonderful subtitles in my time!

All I think the subtitles did was confirm it sounded like chicken. But I really don't think it was meant to.

Yes, the subtitles are totally irrelevant. They were not typed in by Mika. It was just someone typing what they thought they heard. And they probably didn't even spend a split second giving it any thought because they're just trying to input things as quickly as they hear them. They didn't call up Mika to confirm accuracy.

Brits use a glottal stop to replace a proper "t" sound all the time. I actually don't think Mika does this much in speech because of the American influence (and probably private schooling influence) on his accent. But I think we've already established that what he does in song is entirely different.

For me the "t" sound is naturally implied and it makes more sense than the imaginary "n" sound everyone wants to belong there because it will mean he sang chicken. Maybe it's different for non-native speakers but I hear ticket when I listen to that line. Even if he badly mangles the first "t" sound and drops out on the last.

I think he sang ticket, because as we already know he has some unique pronounciations eg sometimes he says chyeah instead of yeah, etc...hmm thinking about it he puts in a ch sound in a few words, so with that in mind i think he's saying ticket. also i think it's the line after that he pronounces token like choken/drunken :blink: That's what i like about him though :wub2:

In addition someone said he may have been reading the lyrics on a screen, so could his dyslexia play a role in it?? i dunno.

HOWEVER, i like to think he's singing chicken :mf_rosetinted:

I voted ticket though.

Love and Chicken go better together than Love and ticket :mf_rosetinted:

I was thinking about that also...but i dunno...he;s confusing as usual. guess someone has to ask him :roftl:

deep, deep down though i think it's ticket he's really trying to sing. but who knows?!

I'm sorry, I've listened to it for now a 10000times and I just CAN't hear ticket!! I'm really trying, but I really can't make ticket from what he says..

In my ears it's definately chicken:naughty:

It has to be!

I don't see why he should say ticket, it has nothing to do with the other lyrics of the song.

and he knows the meaning, and he loves us. he gives us that pleasure, and we are discussing about it:mf_rosetinted:

I don't see why he should say ticket, it has nothing to do with the other lyrics of the song.

Ticket is a lyric in the song. That's how it was written. He would have had to change the lyric from ticket in order to sing chicken.

Ticket is a lyric in the song. That's how it was written. He would have had to change the lyric from ticket in order to sing chicken.

But then why did he change the order of the words? If he didn't change the word ticket to chicken-or-whatever-it-is-he's-singing, why didn't he just keep the original order of the words as well;

Ain't got no love, ain't got no name

Ain't got no ticket, ain't got no token

Ain't got no God

Haha, I just can imagine his "WTF? :mf_rosetinted:" reaction when he gets eagerly asked "Chicken or ticket".

yeah I was thinking that, lol he is gonna think we are obsessed and hell WHY NOT I hear chicken every time so I voted chicken though I don't think he finishes the word off so there is no N and NO T so this very important debate will continue until the big M puts us out of our misery, but if he were to pop onto this thread he would see he has given us more fun than misery and will leave us to enjoy his naughtiness forever :naughty: o0o0o0o0o0 I really like this guys daft sense of humour. :naughty: