Chicken or Ticket? Solve the arguement once and for all - Please!

pinkunicorn123

Does he say 'Aint got no chicken' or 'Aint got no ticket'?  

314 members have voted

1. 1. Does he say 'Aint got no chicken' or 'Aint got no ticket'?

• Replies 544
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

*hopes Mika never covers The Beatles - Ticket to Ride*

"She's got a chicken to ride.. She's got a chicken to ri-iii-ide.

She's got a chicken to ride.. But she don't care..."

:roftl: Hilarious! :roftl:

I think it's hilarious that people have spent so much time analyzing this one word in this one performance but appear not to have given any thought at all to his hundreds of other performances.

Why doesn't he pronounce the "t" perfectly if he means "ticket"? Because he's always making those types of mispronunciations. He did exactly the same thing on this same show when he sang "kello" instead of "hello" in Grace Kelly. This is why there are so many misheard lyrics on the album and it took us 2 weeks to figure out the lyrics to HMDYLM, some of which still aren't accurate to how Mika wrote them, I'm sure.

Why does he change the order of the lines if he wasn't throwing in some chicken reference? Because he's always messing up lines during live performances. He did it with the performance of Everybody's Talkin that ended up on the DVD and he screwed up an entire stanza of Love Today (his own song!) on So You Think You Can Dance.

The fact that he's trying to read the lyrics off a piece of paper on the floor just points to the fact that he doesn't know the lyrics well enough to get them right and it was inevitable that some of them were going to get switched around. Ain't got no this, ain't got no that, I got this, I got that. He's going to mix them up since he's not sitting at the keyboard staring at the words in front of him.

I was only joking when I said I was going to ask Mika about this. Honestly I would be too embarrassed because I think it's absurd. If Freddie had chosen the word "sofa" to replace "chicken" Mika still would have sung some word that sounded like chicken and swapped the lyrics around except that we wouldn't be having this conversation. No one would have noticed or cared since it seems that most people have never given any thought to his bizarre pronunciations and his errors during performances.

Maybe he would have replaced "bed" wirth "sofa" :naughty:

And the lyrics ARE damn hart... i've been listening to the song uncountable times now and i'm still getting confused with the lyrics.

and i liked it when he also messed up "happy ending" on the DVD. it's so human. i like the guy :wub2:

(everybody's chalking?)

did anybody REALLY plan to ask him? that's insane :insane:

let us have our joke and dont destroy it by asking him and getting a "WTF? it was ticket!" :tears:

r u sure ? he is very naughty and mad !

identity crisis, that mental help line can never be reached coz he is on it every single minute !!:doh:

if u r a mpd, press 4,5,6,7,8 !!

:bored::raygun:

Do you have an interpreter{mommy?} for your posts or I've to search for subtitles?..:harp:

thank you. The other might be too political.This is a innocent {masochistic}plushy shaped bited lollipop

looked like ice-cream to me at first sight :wub2: aww.... it's so happy ending :cheerful_h4h: and it reminds me of London :cheerful_h4h:

eew i'm listening to Lollipop:bleh:

Camden...waiter..creatures..food..:yay:

waiter... WAITER!!! I'm still searching for pictures of that guy :sneaky2: he was really cute but he didnt like Mika :sneaky2:

hope he'll still be in the Lockside Lounge in Feb :naughty:

the original song by Nina Simone says Ticket

But Mika changed the lyrics in many verses, and he says something like Chicken instead of ticket...(at least it doesn't sound like when I say ticket :bleh:)

at the second part of the song, he says the word "that means chicken here" though ...so why to say chicken then??

I cannot forget the fact that he said I got boobies...so weird!! haha :naughty:

the original song by Nina Simone says Ticket

But Mika changed the lyrics in many verses, and he says Chicken instead of ticket...

at the second part of the song, he says the word that means chicken" here though ...

I cannot forget the fact that he said I got boobies...so weird!! haha :nayghty:

Yeh he says chicken for definate :thumb_yello:

Boobies :shocked:

I think it's hilarious that people have spent so much time analyzing this one word in this one performance but appear not to have given any thought at all to his hundreds of other performances.

Why doesn't he pronounce the "t" perfectly if he means "ticket"? Because he's always making those types of mispronunciations. He did exactly the same thing on this same show when he sang "kello" instead of "hello" in Grace Kelly. This is why there are so many misheard lyrics on the album and it took us 2 weeks to figure out the lyrics to HMDYLM, some of which still aren't accurate to how Mika wrote them, I'm sure.

Why does he change the order of the lines if he wasn't throwing in some chicken reference? Because he's always messing up lines during live performances. He did it with the performance of Everybody's Talkin that ended up on the DVD and he screwed up an entire stanza of Love Today (his own song!) on So You Think You Can Dance.

The fact that he's trying to read the lyrics off a piece of paper on the floor just points to the fact that he doesn't know the lyrics well enough to get them right and it was inevitable that some of them were going to get switched around. Ain't got no this, ain't got no that, I got this, I got that. He's going to mix them up since he's not sitting at the keyboard staring at the words in front of him.

I was only joking when I said I was going to ask Mika about this. Honestly I would be too embarrassed because I think it's absurd. If Freddie had chosen the word "sofa" to replace "chicken" Mika still would have sung some word that sounded like chicken and swapped the lyrics around except that we wouldn't be having this conversation. No one would have noticed or cared since it seems that most people have never given any thought to his bizarre pronunciations and his errors during performances.

I agree with you. Yes he does mess up sometimes, and we can't always tell what the lyrics are in certain songs, but it shows that the guy is human... and human as he is... he gets things wrong. But at least it's not like some of the so-called live acts, where they stop singing, and the song carries on without them.

I thought his performance on Jools Holland was his best ever, and certainly, after a week where he had been reffered to as "Mika The Squeaker, with no oniginality", he showed everyone how original he is, and he showed how versatile his voice is!!! Now LICM is at number 4 in the chart!! That is amazing and I doubt it's ever been done before.

So if he said chicken, good for him!!!

Well done Mika!!!!

I agree with you. Yes he does mess up sometimes, and we can't always tell what the lyrics are in certain songs, but it shows that the guy is human... and human as he is... he gets things wrong. But at least it's not like some of the so-called live acts, where they stop singing, and the song carries on without them.

I thought his performance on Jools Holland was his best ever, and certainly, after a week where he had been reffered to as "Mika The Squeaker, with no oniginality", he showed everyone how original he is, and he showed how versatile his voice is!!! Now LICM is at number 4 in the chart!! That is amazing and I doubt it's ever been done before.

So if he said chicken, good for him!!!

Well done Mika!!!!

:punk: :punk: agreed!

hi fd!

just taking this opportunity to wave at you!

have you got chicken these hols? :naughty: :naughty:

congrats for the admin thing, i'm just trying to catch up and i'm messing threads up! :insane:

happy new mikayear!

*totally off topic*