What was the very first Mika clip you saw?

Clare

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw him on the Friday Night Project around this time last year - im addicted to it, that's how i got to love Kate Nash, Amy Winehouse etc.

At first, i thought, who is this?!?! But then, a couple of days later, my friend told me she'd heard this song by a guy called Mika and it was awesome, so we googled him, and found here!

That's my story basically. So my first Mika viewing was on the Friday Night Project. Then i think i watched him on youtube (cos i always want to hear an artists speaking voice) and watched him at the zoo on popworld!!! :naughty:

The first time I heard of Mika? Hm, I'm not sure but I remember myself lying in bed on New Year's Day afternoon (2007). I was slightly hung over and listened to an English radio station. This guy said something about this new great artist who sounds like a mixture of Freddie and the Scissor Sisters and that he already had him on repeat on his ipod. I was half asleep and I have to admit that the high notes of Grace Kelly didn't sound like sweet music to me then. I guess I fell asleep after the song :roftl: .

About a month later a friend of mine asked me whether I know Mika and I said no (like I usually do when she asks me something about music). She started to send me pictures and I started to watch the Grace Kelly video various times a day :naughty: . And then I found this place and everything changed :mf_rosetinted: .

Hey

The first time I had heard Mika was in the car on the radio, and then when I got home and found out the name of the singer I searched on youtube and found the Grace Kelly video and his performance on Later with Jools Holland and Ronnie's showcase of Mika singing Relax but from the very first time of hearing Mika I was hooked!:wub2:

i first heard Mika back in November of '06. it was GK, and i thought he was the oddest person i'd ever heard. :bleh: when i heard more about him, i still didn't like him because he was being called "the new Freddie Mercury". since i am also an avid Queen fan, and in no way want Freddie to be replaced, he just wasn't good.

but, in March of '07, i started listening to him again, and loved it.

aaaand in April i finally bought LICM. :D

the first movie i saw of him was GK on youtube.

It was Grace Kelly on TV Azteca or History Channel,one week before his b.day :wub2:

I heard in the TV something like "Mika,the new Freddie Mercury",when i heard that i was thinking "yeah,sure ¬¬,he's just a copy"

sorry guys!! it was a mistake! u_u

• 3 years later...

I was surfing on my computer and stumbled into this video of 'LOVE TODAY' --

[YOUTUBE]d4NdNqnJ5Lk[/YOUTUBE]

From the info in the corner then I searched 'MIKA' & 'LOVE TODAY'

and saw the official video of that and just kept going on from there!

[YOUTUBE]AWiccrTB4LM&ob=av2e[/YOUTUBE]

Making of Love Today:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jBuenuqlP-E

I was astonished to quickly learn how many different countries MIKA was performing in at a fairly young age and also thought it quite remarkable how very different his on-stage and off-stage presence seemed -- like two different people! I was hooked!

[YOUTUBE]D3Z6lvBw2kU[/YOUTUBE]

I do believe the 'chubby bunny' interview video is what made me completely tumble.

Edited by A. Clay

It was LOLLIPOP and I immediately fell in love with it. That was the beginning of my obsession, I've been listening to it every day at least five times and I knew all the lyrics (what never happened with a song before) and then of course I was curious who that 'Mika' was (In lollipop vid you only see these comic figures so I had no idea who he was :blink:) and then I heard some other songs and liked them too and bought the CD and went completely insane:roftl:

We are Golden (on MTV).

I immediately realised that there are GREAT artists out there and not just bs. He was an oasis. Finally someone who wasn't amongst half-naked girls to promote his 'music'.

PS; I did NOT love that video because of Mika dancing in his underwear.

• 4 weeks later...