What was the very first Mika clip you saw?

Clare

Hi fans. It's a year today since I got well and truly Mika mad!!

The very first time I heard Mika's Grace Kelly was on Radio one, on Nihal's Breakfast show.

What was the very first clip you saw of Mika?

Or, where did you first hear his song.

I first became aware of Mika after hearing Love today, on the radio in a shop where I was volunteering. Prior to that, I hadn't really listened to the radio in a long while, so I had missed Grace Kelly.

The first time I actually saw footage of Mika, was a clip of T4 On The Beach. I thought he was fantastic, gorgeous and brilliant, and the rest... as they say.... is history.

Love today, from Marilyn

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not sure.

I guess those that were on the yahoo videos website. Mika sings Grace Kelly, Billy Brown, Love Today and My Interpretation on the piano. Later they appeared on youtube...

Or was it that first one from Jools Holland show, where he sings Grace Kelly on the piano?

Or...the videos he has on his other MySpace page (Yasmine painting, Mika with a dog,...)?

I can't remember what I saw first! :boxed:

There are 3 senses left to fall for. :naughty:

I thought you were already up to 3? Didn't he hold your hand?

I first heard Grace Kelly on the radio in late November and instantly loved it. At that time I had a fairly long list of young Brits I was determined to see when they made their way to Toronto because they played small clubs and it was always worth the $15 or $20 it cost to buy a ticket.

A few weeks later I went looking for live performances on YouTube and saw him do Grace Kelly on Jools Holland. I wasn't crazy about the acoustic version but I thought at least the guy can sing for real so his show should be half decent.

I didn't care too much for LICM aside from Grace Kelly but he came to Toronto in March and from the moment Mika stepped out on stage and started singing Relax I was transfixed. His voice projected so loud and strong it seemed that he didn't even need a microphone.

Anyway I could go on and on...Mika has changed so much over the past year his performances get more thrilling and I love his music more than ever. And the personal side of Mika - his personality, charisma, sex appeal...it's impossible to resist.

I thought you were already up to 3? Didn't he hold your hand?

Gawd! How can I forget? I've watched it over and over on Youtube (the mere 2.4 seconds of it all) and it's like I'm not really there when its happening.

He's cast a spell on me I say!

Not surprising. The wizard has that effect on people.

I must have already smelled him then too and didn't even know it - that first pic he took with me, I'm so close. As for taste, does residue saliva count? I did drink his Ribena. :roftl:

the first time i heard GK was on the radio in June... and the video i saw it a few weeks later... here it`s a bit strange!

In June.. Mika with GK in all radios but most of you heard it in Februry

In September... Mika with Love today

and last month Mika with Relax... and is very succesful right now

that because the first time i heard it was on June and not before

I must have already smelled him then too and didn't even know it - that first pic he took with me, I'm so close. As for taste, does residue saliva count? I did drink his Ribena. :roftl:

If Ribena counts, then so do cheek kisses. In which case lets just say we've both tasted Mika :thumb_yello:

And if Ribena counts then after last week.....he's tasted me hahahaha...and Laura for that matter.

First i remember i heard "relax", but i really don't like it then. Then, some time ago, i saw "GK" thought RTL 120.5, and i fell in love with it. Then i realise that that guy, who sings "GK" is the same guy, who sings "relax" :roftl:

i heard Grace Kelly on the Geoff Show and at first I thought it was kinda annoying. But then they continued to play the song and then I looked up the lyrics and then I was hooked with the song.

about a week or two or three later, i was reading Entertainment Weekly and I found out that there was a music video! i pushed my sister off the computer and i watched the lovely video.

but my joy was short lived when my mom and my sister burst out laughing and started making fun of him because he seemed "gay".

a year later and i'm at a mikanuts high and going to his concert in seatlle.

:D

well, I was watching MTV and they only shown a little peice of Grace Kelly in a tiny picture in picture box far off in the corner:thumbdown:

It was the part " How can I help it? How can I help it? How can I help what you think?! Hello my baby! Hello my baby!..."

I just said to myself: "Oh my God! I've never heard anything like this before!"

I looked at the name, and it said "Grace Kelly" "MIKA" I was abit confused... It looked like it was a band, not a solo singer...

So I kept seeing this little picture in picture box over the course of a few weeks...planned on googling him, but never did... Something always distracted me...UNTIL I heard his song playing on my friends myspace...He only likes that song too...I was like "OH this is the guy!" So I looked him up right then and there.After watching the GK vid, I stumbled upon the long interview where he was wearing a scarf, and a lady was asking him questions... That's where I got his background info...THAN, I found the zoo video lol and I DECIDED THAN AND THERE THAT I WAS IN LOVE:wub2:

Hi fans. It's a year today since I got well and truly Mika mad!!

The very first time I heard Mika's Grace Kelly was on Radio one, on Nihal's Breakfast show.

What was the very first clip you saw of Mika?

Or, where did you first hear his song.

i was watching video hits and this random video came on that i hated seen with this skinny guy in a red oufit with a little girl on the piano, i sat down to have a listen i was thinking im going to hate this, after the first sentance came out i was hooked as the telly was getting louder and louder this was around june july of 2007

towards the end of the videp clip of grace kelly i sat waiting for the arist name i run and googled mika mind you i spelt it meka and the rest is histroy

and my mother hates love today with a passion

I can remember they kept on playing Grace Kelly on the radio where i work and it was so addictive, you just couldn't help but sing along, the only problem was I couldn't understand the chorus, I could be brown etc and ending up making up something random!! I think I then saw video on tv, my son had looked him up on google and had saw a french interview and told me Mika was french which I thought was true for quite a long time LOL I love him so much now!!:wub2:

I can remember they kept on playing Grace Kelly on the radio where i work and it was so addictive, you just couldn't help but sing along, the only problem was I couldn't understand the chorus, I could be brown etc and ending up making up something random!! I think I then saw video on tv, my son had looked him up on google and had saw a french interview and told me Mika was french which I thought was true for quite a long time LOL I love him so much now!!:wub2:

Oh, i saw kids singing along to Billy Brown in at "Mcdonald's" :roftl:

The first time I heard and saw Mika was this clip on channel V where he was "The chosen one". And then just a few days later, he was number 1 in the euro top 20 countdown. LOVED HIM EVER SINCE!:wub2: Feb 2007....nearly a year now!!!:wub2::blush-anim-cl:

Channel V was my favourite channel ever , glad to know that Mika was the chosen one :wub2: a big thank you for telling me that:blush-anim-cl:

I guess I was a little late in 'discovering' him.... in the summer I stumbled on a few videos of him on YouTube and suddenly I couldn't leave my computer for a few days (ok months). The videos that really got me hooked were:

-"Mika live at Virgin Radio 2007"

-"Mika - Popworld Interview" at London Zoo

-"Mika - Life in Cartoon Motion - Interview & Love today" interviewed on french tv show Taratata