Mika sells another piece of his soul

dcdeb

Sometimes it helps to draw a line in the sand. And tell people "up to this point I'll tolerate it, pass it and all bets are off." It doesn't work with the press though because they run to the forbidden side and start digging.

Hahahahhahahahah. :sweatdrop::lmao:

Yes. THE PRESS. That's who does it!

--Jack

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We can help him deal with it by still loving him the way we always have!

When you think tho, he has wanted this for soooooo long tried so hard but nothing came of it. Then within a year he has gone from a nobody to the No1 selling artist we all know now. Nobody can prepare themselves for that type of whirlwind as nobody is sure what the future really holds. You either keep your feet on the ground and avoid the press like Mika or really sell your soul like Britney and end up not knowing what is going on anymore. I know which one I prefer and good on him!

xx

Well said :thumb_yello:

I hope he keeps up his non-celebrity stance for as long as possible, even forever if he can manage it, even if it makes him boring as hell to all the Press.

I wouldn't ever want to read juicy gossip about him in The Sun...................

Hahahahhahahahah. :sweatdrop::lmao:

Yes. THE PRESS. That's who does it!

--Jack

yeah who needs The Sun anyway? :wink2:

I hope he keeps up his non-celebrity stance for as long as possible, even forever if he can manage it, even if it makes him boring as hell to all the Press.

May he be boring as hell!!!!:wink2:

I agree with you to a certain point. Fans are fun and nice, sometimes. But expectations from people can be overwhelming. Almost every fan thinks they "know" you. And it's strange to have people come up to you expecting things from you. How would you like it if you were having dinner with someone and a stranger came up to you and asked for pictures, autograph, or never-ending conversation? Is it the worst thing in the world? No and it's part of the job. You have to suck it up and take it. Sometimes it helps to draw a line in the sand. And tell people "up to this point I'll tolerate it, pass it and all bets are off." It doesn't work with the press though because they run to the forbidden side and start digging.

Personally I wouldn't dream of approaching him in the street or anywhere, his private time is his own. Unless by some bizarre twist of fate he recognized me, then I would have a chat.

That being said, if he wants driving lessons, I would be quite happy to oblige.LOL!

No matter what he may say, I really don't think he is at ease with the fame he now has.

Well he will just have to deal with it :wink2:

Well, they want to talk about The Spice Girls and their annoying Tesco Adds that will be netting them about £1000,000 without them having to even sing a note!

Good luck to Mika, and God bless him!

Love today, from Marilyn

...as for the shyness, I have to say to me he comes across quite shy and somewhat self-conscious on TV shows these days. Even more than he did at the spring appearances when he did that massive promo all over the globe :blink:

I have thought the same thying a few times...It all started at the Wetten Das I think, then Graham Norton, and the French Disques D'Or.

Not so much at the Hootenanny though, but in general, yes, that was my impression.

I just really loved the way the blog started. "These people are idiots."

:naughty:

dcdeb

:wub2: Me too

No matter what he may say, I really don't think he is at ease with the fame he now has.

Yes, I think the same:wink2: . It must be hard though; I know I would hate it and struggle with it!

Then within a year he has gone from a nobody to the No1 selling artist we all know now.

I agree with the rest of your post , but I HAD to comment on this:naughty:.

I would not say that Mika was ever a "nobody", famous or not famous.

The guy is special full stop. Just that now he's well known:thumb_yello:

Well, they want to talk about The Spice Girls and their annoying Tesco Adds that will be netting them about £1000,000 without them having to even sing a note!

:blink:

I don't understand what the fuss is about in the article .... He will NOT be advertising FIAT directly just sing something at the launch partly.

I expect him to do something unexpected and 'exclusive' , perhaps something Italian related like the 'origin' of Grace Kelly from the Barber of Seville..:naughty:

I hope there will be some VIPs who record it and place it on Youtube.

Good luck for him.:thumb_yello:

I don't know if there's a thread about it, but there was a Mika article in the Sunday Times magazine at New Year that my friend saved for me, and amongst the questions he was asked was; would he buy a Ferrari with the money he's made. His answer was that it wouldn't even cross his mind.

Good on him!

I agree with you to a certain point. Fans are fun and nice, sometimes. But expectations from people can be overwhelming. Almost every fan thinks they "know" you. And it's strange to have people come up to you expecting things from you. How would you like it if you were having dinner with someone and a stranger came up to you and asked for pictures, autograph, or never-ending conversation? Is it the worst thing in the world? No and it's part of the job. You have to suck it up and take it.

Straying a little OT, but still...

This is an interesting point, and one that I've thought about a lot

especially since the phenomenon of MIKA came into my life. I am

not famous by any stretch of the imagination, but because of what I

do in my RL, I am sort of well-known in some circles. And I have been

approached (only when I'm at Disney World, since that's my special place :naughty: )

by strangers who recognize me, want my autograph, want their photo

taken with me. It's a strange thing to me, since I really don't understand

why anyone would care about ME -- I mean,

I don't even want a photo of myself, why would anyone else? :blink:

But whenever it has happened to me, particularly recently, I think about

what it must be like to be a real celebrity... and I think about Mika in

particular, since he is the only entertainer I've ever really felt compelled to

ask for an autograph or a photo.

Because of my own (limited) experience,

I think I tend to be a little more sensitive about this -- it's why I didn't

ask Mika for an autograph in Glasgow, and I think it's why I feel like

there are some things that we should just have the courtesy to not

discuss about him and his personal life. If you're a private

person, to have this sort of public-ness thrust on you is more than

a little hard to

cope with. You do HAVE to cope with it, and maybe schmoozing with

the fans is part of the job... but it's not something

you really ask for, IMO. I know I never expected it

from what I do, and while a big-name entertainer must KNOW

it's going to happen to them because they've seen what's happened

to the celebrities who have gone before them, I think it's a shame

they have to "suck it up" and deal with it if they really aren't

prepared to. They are just people, after all. :)

What an observation! I couldn't have said it better, sariflor! :thumb_yello:

dcdeb

And continuing OT if I may. I think we all realise how amazingly friendly and good with his fans Mika is. We know he's special, he doesn't make us feel as if he's had enough of us - even this Oldling!

If his heart does sink when fans approach him, he hides it well, I think he's usually pleased with the attention.

I agree with you to a certain point. Fans are fun and nice, sometimes. But expectations from people can be overwhelming. Almost every fan thinks they "know" you. And it's strange to have people come up to you expecting things from you. How would you like it if you were having dinner with someone and a stranger came up to you and asked for pictures, autograph, or never-ending conversation? Is it the worst thing in the world? No and it's part of the job. You have to suck it up and take it. Sometimes it helps to draw a line in the sand. And tell people "up to this point I'll tolerate it, pass it and all bets are off." It doesn't work with the press though because they run to the forbidden side and start digging.

I can understand your points but the fans think they "know you" cos the celebrity/stars can give out so much info about themselves that the fans can often create an image/persona built on these things, some of what they think will be true but of course not all and there will be so much more that is rightfully kept private.

It's hard to imagine how weird it would feel though to be in that situation when a person works so hard at their chosen career but the reality of what comes with it puts a dampener on it all. Is it really only tolerable? that seems quite sad really it's as if all the fun has been taken out of it, is it worth it all in the end if it is destined to only ever be tolerable.

The press...well no need to elaborate on those we all know they are at their happiest when they dig up some dirt and failing that then make it up anyway.

I love the words in your sig btw....very deep indeed, I do love words that make me feel stuff.

And continuing OT if I may. I think we all realise how amazingly friendly and good with his fans Mika is. We know he's special, he doesn't make us feel as if he's had enough of us - even this Oldling!

If his heart does sink when fans approach him, he hides it well, I think he's usually pleased with the attention.

I always feel like I am intruding onto his time, I think that is why I feel so guilty asking for a sig or even MORE precious now ...a pic, and that is another reason why when he HAS spoken to me I have lost the power of speech suddenly and annoyingly.

I hate that I always feel that way I think it comes from deep rooted feeling of my own lack of self worth but that's another story lol.

Yes you are right I should have used another adjective "nobody" was the wrong word but at least you understood the point I was trying to put across. That is what is important as I suffer from ME my brain and words do not necessarily connect when I am tired so I use any old words :roftl:

xx