Mika new interview exclusive

veka

true again.

though we don't pay $ 15 for shows here... :boxed: and his family AT LEAST should pay their own travelling expenses! :mf_rosetinted::roftl:

well no,I don't think the family should pay

I mean if I were to chose,I'd rather charge strangers than my own family

And as long as 'the family' isn't a 10 member crew,I really do not see the problem

Others have their idiotic entourage flown all over the world,so I do not see anything wrong with wanting your family with you

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

well no,I don't think the family should pay

I mean if I were to chose,I'd rather charge strangers than my own family

And as long as 'the family' isn't a 10 member crew,I really do not see the problem

Others have their idiotic entourage flown all over the world,so I do not see anything wrong with wanting your family with you

yes, that's true. what christine objected is at this point is still mika who pays this expenses, not the record company or whatever. so itd be HIM to pay for his family and not everyone paying their own tick. :wink2: but mine was mostly a joke, o.c. he's every right to give in present free flights to his family if he wants to! :bleh:

we are getting into private again here :wink2: and honestly I can tell ya I don't really care :naughty: i doubt though he pays a salary to his sisters. i think they more "help" him in a brotherly (sisterly..?:blink: ) manner, rather than properly work for him as stylists and pr.

as for his mother, mums always give and never ask back! :bleh: at least most of them, and mrs penniman seems no different, bless her :wub2:

There's nothing private about his sisters working for him. He talked about it on television and Yasmine's work on his album has always been public knowledge. I have no idea if he pays them a salary or not, I just think it would be ridiculous for them to pay their own travelling expenses when they are supporting him on his tour.

Even if they were just there for moral support, how can they make a living to pay their own costs if they're travelling with him? It's just my personal opinion, but I don't think they're just tagging along because they want a free holiday. I think he feels he needs them with him.

yes, that's true. what christine objected is at this point is still mika who pays this expenses, not the record company or whatever. so itd be HIM to pay for his family and not everyone paying their own tick. :wink2: but mine was mostly a joke, o.c. he's every right to give in present free flights to his family if he wants to! :bleh:

I have no objections to Mika's expenses. I'm just trying to point out that he's not as flush financially as everyone seems to think he should be.

Mika has always had to pay his own costs. The record company fronted the cash when he didn't have any, but they don't give him anything. Any debts he incurs have to be repaid.

Thanks for posting. It is really interesting interview. :thumb_yello:

If he does any festivals in summer I really hope it'll be somewhere near Slovenia (Italy and Austria would be nice :fisch:)...and it would be beyond great if he came to the EXIT festival.:wub2: *dreams*

I think he was probably testing his sense of humour and Mika failed. :naughty:

Did he really think Paul McCartney was too clued out to know his name was Mika? I think that's hilarious. I mean I could understand how he might be a bit nervous and unsure of the situation while they were talking, but I can't believe he walked away thinking he was serious.

Even if Paul had really been unsure I'm sure he would have had the sense to ask someone else rather than say it to Mika's face. It's just too rude to walk up to one of the most successful artists of the year and ask them how to pronounce their name as if you've never heard of them.

I think this is possibly true, the more I think about it :naughty:

Macca is a Scouser of course and they have a jokey way about them, it would be typical of a Scouser to test someone's sense of humour in this way, in my experience of Scousers!! :naughty:

And Macca is like Royalty really, maybe you don't expect them to be jokey with you, maybe Mika really did think Macca didn't know his name OR that he was actually being rude to him!? Mika is used to dealing with abuse and taunts and pisstakes and it can make you defensive especially when caught on the hop like this by an ultra famous person.

I don't know if I'm expressing this properly (I've just woken up from a power nap :bleh: ) but what I'm trying to say is, I can understand how Mika reacted.

I don't think Mika failed the sense of humour test, though :naughty: If he did, then I have no sense of humour either, as it would have got me!! But perhaps he failed the Scouse Initiation Test v:naughty:

I think he was probably testing his sense of humour and Mika failed. :naughty:

Did he really think Paul McCartney was too clued out to know his name was Mika? I think that's hilarious. I mean I could understand how he might be a bit nervous and unsure of the situation while they were talking, but I can't believe he walked away thinking he was serious.

Even if Paul had really been unsure I'm sure he would have had the sense to ask someone else rather than say it to Mika's face. It's just too rude to walk up to one of the most successful artists of the year and ask them how to pronounce their name as if you've never heard of them.

I don't think Mika thought that Paul was unsure about the pronunciation of his name.. I think he was unsure whether Paul was just simply making fun of him or it was a way of him saying hello to a newbie on the music scene... and then he was happy to realise it wasn't the first....

After so many years of bullying, I would imagine Mika's thoughts were something like that.... Poor thing. I wonder how long he kept thinking about why Paul said that...

If he does any festivals in summer I really hope it'll be somewhere near Slovenia (Italy and Austria would be nice :fisch:)...and it would be beyond great if he came to the EXIT festival.:wub2: *dreams*

come to the italian festival, providing he attends one! :wub2:

There's nothing private about his sisters working for him. He talked about it on television and Yasmine's work on his album has always been public knowledge. I have no idea if he pays them a salary or not, I just think it would be ridiculous for them to pay their own travelling expenses when they are supporting him on his tour.

Even if they were just there for moral support, how can they make a living to pay their own costs if they're travelling with him? It's just my personal opinion, but I don't think they're just tagging along because they want a free holiday. I think he feels he needs them with him.

I have no objections to Mika's expenses. I'm just trying to point out that he's not as flush financially as everyone seems to think he should be.

Mika has always had to pay his own costs. The record company fronted the cash when he didn't have any, but they don't give him anything. Any debts he incurs have to be repaid.

what i meant about PRIVATE MATTERS is, does he pay them? how much? do they have social benefits from that? do they actually make a career in this position..? are they executives..? and stuff like this.. :mf_rosetinted:

stuff that i don't care about, again, and you probably too. so that makes the two of us. :mf_rosetinted:

with the verb OBJECT I may have chosen the wrong word. I beg your pardon. that happens when you are not mother tongue :mf_rosetinted:

:punk: that wast the best festival of 2007! MIKA GO FOR THAT!!!

I don't think Mika failed the sense of humour test, though :naughty: If he did, then I have no sense of humour either, as it would have got me!! But perhaps he failed the Scouse Initiation Test v:naughty:

As soon as I read it I thought it was a joke. Like someone asking him why he wrote Grace Kelly. It's such a dumb cliche after a year. I think it's interesting that Paul knows enough about him to know that that is even a joke.

I think he was unsure whether Paul was just simply making fun of him

That's not how I took it. Mika explains that Paul told him "I know who you are and all about your music."

I doubt that's a direct quote. It's probably just that Mika had walked away from their initial encounter thinking this guy has no idea who I am or anything about my music. Whatever Paul said to him afterwards assured him that this was not the case.

I'd not keep my hopes high, suzie.. :boxed:

my guess are glansto, V festival, ibiza and a french one. or maybe even italia wave. first 3 are almost sure, the way I see it.. :mf_rosetinted:

Well, I won't be THAT disappointed since I'll see him in February ( unless he cancells again, of course), but if HE NEEDS TO BE FAIR WITH ORGANISERS. They booked him early last year when he was virtually unknown and traded up the festival for a tv appearance in the US - I completely understand it, though. The US market is very important...

However, that Hungarian festival had 385 000 visitors last year, ( lasts 8 days), so it attracts a surprisingly large number of people, at least half of them from abroad, with previous acts like Oasis, Franz Ferdinand, the Scissor Sisters, the Killers or Pink...

So he should come here, too,..... I must add though, that a concert in a small arena over here would be a better idea... Mika fans are not festival goers...

:punk: that wast the best festival of 2007! MIKA GO FOR THAT!!!

Were you there last year? I'm going there this year and it would be really simply amazing if he was there, too!

come to the italian festival, providing he attends one! :wub2:

I'll be there for sure if he decides to attend it!:wink2:

(and if there won't be any silly exams)

Well, I won't be THAT disappointed since I'll see him in February ( unless he cancells again, of course), but if HE NEEDS TO BE FAIR WITH ORGANISERS. They booked him early last year when he was virtually unknown and traded up the festival for a tv appearance in the US - I completely understand it, though. The US market is very important...

However, that Hungarian festival had 385 000 visitors last year, ( lasts 8 days), so it attracts a surprisingly large number of people, at least half of them from abroad, with previous acts like Oasis, Franz Ferdinand, the Scissor Sisters, the Killers or Pink...

So he should come here, too,..... I must add though, that a concert in a small arena over here would be a better idea... Mika fans are not festival goers...

I am!..now we suspect also the "normal" venue so...

I'd like to came to Hungary:thumb_yello:

what i meant about PRIVATE MATTERS is, does he pay them? how much? do they have social benefits from that? do they actually make a career in this position..? are they executives..? and stuff like this.. :mf_rosetinted:

stuff that i don't care about, again, and you probably too. so that makes the two of us. :mf_rosetinted:

Oh yeah, I have no idea if he pays them, nor do I care. I only mentioned his entourage's travel costs, not their salaries - if they even have any.

I would imagine for tax purposes he's going to be paying all kinds of people at some point. But I won't be looking up his annual returns to find out. :wink2:

That's not how I took it. Mika explains that Paul told him "I know who you are and all about your music."

I doubt that's a direct quote. It's probably just that Mika had walked away from their initial encounter thinking this guy has no idea who I am or anything about my music. Whatever Paul said to him afterwards assured him that this was not the case.

Anyway, if I were Paul McCartney (:blink:), I would have asked Mika for his autograph... he should be handled with care - such a baby still:blush-anim-cl:

Thanks for posting! Great to see a new interview... but why didn't

we get a new photo, too? :sneaky2:

Not that I mind the blue outfit -- I always liked it -- but it's getting a

little old and overused. Sorta like me... :wink2:

dcdeb

Were you there last year? I'm going there this year and it would be really simply amazing if he was there, too!

I'll be there for sure if he decides to attend it!:wink2:

(and if there won't be any silly exams)

sadly not..here's the previous lineup:punk:

http://www.exitfest.org/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=1943&Itemid=309

4 friends of mine went there and they show me some vids really cool:thumb_yello:

Anyway, if I were Paul McCartney (:blink:), I would have asked Mika for his autograph... he should be handled with care - such a baby still:blush-anim-cl:

If I were Paul McCartney I would have made him squirm for an hour or so before telling him I was only joking. :naughty: