Mika's Nominated for 4 Brits...

OhMyMika!!

I think he deserves best album for definate :thumb_yello: .. sadly I think our x factor friend will take it

Actually i´m scared of that too. I mean, i wish Mika would get all the brits but..leona is a big problem, and i´m not talking about her musical skills at this moment (she has a big support on the UK and we didn´t know her in the rest of europe xD)

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I find it preposterous that, Leona issues aside, Mika's not even nominated for the Best Live Act award.

He's thousands of times better than most people live, and I include some "big names" in that.

It all sucks big time really if this sort of thing goes on...But I guess that we'll see on the 20th.

What happens that day will mean one of two things to me: it will either restore my faith in the whole Brit thing, or it will completely convince me of the fact that it's all a scam and it's just fixed, not recognising real talent.

We shall see I guess :wink2:

• 3 weeks later...

Perhaps it is already posted somewhere, but I just saw this introduction of Mika for the Brit Awards (it´s from their website)

Mika

With tunes chock-full-of more falsetto than even the Bee Gees, 24-year-old Mika’s got a triple platinum, fluffy hair and more international awards, nominations and acclaim than you can shake a stick at. Like the love child of Freddy Mercury and Mickey Mouse, Mika does sunshiny hyper-happy pop like no other. For example, in top ten hit “Big Girl (You Are Beautiful)” the boy even finds beauty in the scourges of womankind such as lovehandles and podge, spreading hope and joy to larger lasses everywhere. Mika hits the BRITs stage this January with two nominations, but whatever the outcome this ball-of-joy is sure to leave happy at the end of the night.

huuuuu, the love child of Freddie Mercury and Mickey Mouse.... WTF...:boxed:

(I thought the Brits were a serious institution...')

With tunes chock-full-of more falsetto than even the Bee Gees, 24-year-old Mika’s got a triple platinum, fluffy hair and more international awards, nominations and acclaim than you can shake a stick at. Like the love child of Freddy Mercury and Mickey Mouse, Mika does sunshiny hyper-happy pop like no other. For example, in top ten hit “Big Girl (You Are Beautiful)” the boy even finds beauty in the scourges of womankind such as lovehandles and podge, spreading hope and joy to larger lasses everywhere. Mika hits the BRITs stage this January with two nominations, but whatever the outcome this ball-of-joy is sure to leave happy at the end of the night.

They can't even keep track of how many nominations they dish out? :boxed:

The Brits were never a serious affair :P

bump

12 days to go :punk:

Anyone know which song he will be doing? I saw a rumour (only a rumour) on Digitalspy that it'll be Big Girl.

I actually hope it's something else...:bleh:

Do you have something against Big girl ?

Do you have something against Big girl ?

Not really, it's just one of my least favourites and it's the song he gets most bad press and criticism for here in Britain.

I just think he'd come across to non-believers much better if he did another song. Maybe LT or Relax.

I'd love Relax. I know it hasn't done too well here (everyone has bought the album) but the Brits has a a big audience and for those turned off to early Mika, it may make them think again.

(don't tell me Relax was released before GK - please!)

I'd love Relax. I know it hasn't done too well here (everyone has bought the album) but the Brits has a a big audience and for those turned off to early Mika, it may make them think again.

(don't tell me Relax was released before GK - please!)

Yes, it's also the song most non fans are most likely to like. Not that I'm suggesting he panders to non fans. But I am suggesting that:naughty:

I don't know about the song, but Big Girl might be done because it's convenient to put on a show with inflatable big girls, etc.

I haven't seen it verified anywhere on the Brits website or an official music news site, so I'm taking all the rumours with a pinch of salt.